Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I've never known anyone to be soo obsessed with anything - you drive the car 10 times more than any other. I don't know of a car that'd I'd thrash day in day out...
When i was younger i probably would have been this obsessed with the CLK GTR so its all fine with him

I had over 120(I think I topped 140) 1965 Austin Cooper S in Forza 6. :D Made a special thread for them.
Lost count of how many S2000's I had in GT 4.

If my TCR Megane replays saved, my posts would rival Chikane's. ;)

I'm really enjoying this game but struggling with one of my favourite tracks - Monza. I can't exit the pits without generating an "unsafe" warning and being docked points. How on earth do you exit the pits at Monza? I have tried about 30 different exit lines but still no joy.

I'm really enjoying this game but struggling with one of my favourite tracks - Monza. I can't exit the pits without generating an "unsafe" warning and being docked points. How on earth do you exit the pits at Monza? I have tried about 30 different exit lines but still no joy.

You have to stay behind the white line on your left, when exiting the pits. You can not join the racing line until the white line is over.
Pardon my english:odd:

hello fellow racing fans! This is my first post here. I race with a playseat challenge and t300 Wheel. :)

I wanted to ask, on PS4, is this game worth getting at this point? I've heard some bad things about performance, but if it doesn't deter from on-track racing then I don't care really. Also, the AI in the career - is it that bad or can you still have fun there?
I enjoyed PCars1 a lot, but my main concern is performance on the regular PS4 and if it is something that patches have sorted out or potentially will in the future?

GTPlanet is an amazing community and I've been enjoying reading these forums for years, so cheers to YOU guys!

Last edited:
hello fellow racing fans! This is my first post here. I race with a playseat challenge and t300 Wheel. :)

I wanted to ask, on PS4, is this game worth getting at this point? I've heard some bad things about performance, but if it doesn't deter from on-track racing then I don't care really. Also, the AI in the career - is it that bad or can you still have fun there?
I enjoyed PCars1 a lot, but my main concern is performance on the regular PS4 and if it is something that patches have sorted out or potentially will in the future?

GTPlanet is an amazing community and I've been enjoying reading these forums for years, so cheers to YOU guys!

Buy It. It will improve dramatically with patches. Right now customers comments are bad and bugs are many so you Can find It at cheap prices (e.g. on Amazon Italy limited was 39€ a weekend ago). Amazing game.

Monza GP

Porsche 918 Vs Ferrari LaFerrari VS McLaren P1

Start Time - 11:00
Time Progression Real Time
Season - Summer
Weather - Clear

3 Laps Each
Fuel Load 50L
Tyre Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo R

Porsche 918 - 1:55.720 - Nightmare of a car to drive with this
Tyre's

Ferrari LaFerrari - 1:53.860 - Maybe possible to go faster without losing control

McLaren P1 - 1:49.671 - What a beast when this Tyre's warn up WOW

Hey all, so anyone else struggle with Project Cars 2. I have on PS4 and use duel shock , also watched a video from here about controller adjustments/settings but the a.i hands it to me every time and destroys me lol. I have Forza on pro and can win on GT Sport pro races and here I get it handed to me which suxs :(. I have a.i on 55 and 50 aggression/cautious. But then I can put Project Cars 1 in and same difficulty and do ok. I want to enjoy this game but turning down difficulty grrr I don’t want to.
Does anyone else struggle as well or I must just suck and go back to Forza :/

Edit: you won’t believe it I change controllers and I’m quicker that damn R2 trigger which stuffed my GT Sport experience as well affects me in Project Cars to. Just did Indianapolis and won same difficulty lol looks like Santa (me) is buying me a new controller this year ahhh my white one from 9/9/2014 has worn out but it’s ok on RPG games etc. lucky my black controller is fairly Newish lol

2nd edit: YEEEEES !!!wins in rain at Nürburgring gp track gt3 Nissan GT-R :) on 60 a.i woohoo :) a lot happier. Yup buying a new controller a red one maybe ;)

Last edited:
Edit: you won’t believe it I change controllers and I’m quicker that damn R2 trigger which stuffed my GT Sport experience as well affects me in Project Cars to. Just did Indianapolis and won same difficulty lol looks like Santa (me) is buying me a new controller this year ahhh my white one from 9/9/2014 has worn out but it’s ok on RPG games etc. lucky my black controller is fairly Newish lol

2nd edit: YEEEEES !!!wins in rain at Nürburgring gp track gt3 Nissan GT-R :) on 60 a.i woohoo :) a lot happier. Yup buying a new controller a red one maybe ;)
There is a calibrate controller setting in the options, with that you can modify the trigger inputs to just the amount which actually works.

There is a calibrate controller setting in the options, with that you can modify the trigger inputs to just the amount which actually works.
👍 I have an older controller here that has a little bit of drift on the left thumbstick (e.g. moving by itself slightly); just adding a tiny bit of deadzone in here negates that.

So finally had a proper play with Project Cars 2 today and for what it's worth I'm having fun.. Somehow I managed to get the Mercedes Benz CLK-GT on it's roof at Azure Coast ;D

Whoops.

Controls are getting a bit use to after playing Assetto Corsa for so long but I'm sure I'll get use to it.

My one minor disappointment is they got rid of one of the main cockpit views that I always liked to use in Project Cars 1.. Ah well.

Not much of an online guy, just having fun Hotlapping for now.

My Mission is to hotlap every Car on every Circuit layout. :)

Does anyone find the Nissan GTR GT3 engine overheats really easily? on Laguna Seca the temp rockets to 300F and gets damaged, whereas the M6 GT3 will not go above 230F. This is with a stadard radioatory opening of 75%. I assume i was just revving the Nissan too hard without realising?

also, another noob question, with tuning the spring rate, i take it the lower the number the softer the setting is? e.g. a front spring rate of 320N/mm is softer than a setting of 340N/mm? it's annoying that it doesn't indicate which side makes it softer/stiffer, P cars one used to have that.

Does anyone find the Nissan GTR GT3 engine overheats really easily? on Laguna Seca the temp rockets to 300F and gets damaged, whereas the M6 GT3 will not go above 230F. This is with a stadard radioatory opening of 75%. I assume i was just revving the Nissan too hard without realising?

also, another noob question, with tuning the spring rate, i take it the lower the number the softer the setting is? e.g. a front spring rate of 320N/mm is softer than a setting of 340N/mm? it's annoying that it doesn't indicate which side makes it softer/stiffer, P cars one used to have that.
I haven’t driven the GTR. Yes smaller number is softer.

Random discovery of the day: Set a single weather slot to Random. Start a session. If the random weather you get is undesired you can restart the session and it will change the weather.

I've been doing races with two or more slots with the first one set to Random and the rest are various dry weather options. Sometimes it starts on some kind of Snow and it's just annoying most of the time. It doesn't have the drying line effect line rain does.

Latest Posts

Back