Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
Nobody knows but I imagine this is very costly compared to gathering pictures. I think it's a fair guess to see more laser scanned tracks compared to the first game, but every track scanned is pushing it.

Every new track we've added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We're also scanning some of the old tracks that weren't previously scanned. I don't have the list to hand but the Nordschleife is now fully scanned (as is the Nurburgring GP circuit).

Hi all BTW :) We appreciate your coverage.

Every new track we've added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We're also scanning some of the old tracks that weren't previously scanned. I don't have the list to hand but the Nordschleife is now fully scanned (as is the Nurburgring GP circuit).

Waiting patiently. :cheers:

Is the 'trick method' aerial photogrammetry?

Wow I didn't know Ian bell had a account on Gtplanet.

Anyway I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the new tracks and cars.

Essentially it's a camera/laser scanner attached on a drone flown around a track for track reference collection. It's cheaper and faster for similarly high quality results as conventional laser scan.

Yup I'm aware of the method, I've made a post some years? ago about its validity for precise survey.

You'll see that in some corners of the internet, a certain "cult of laser-scan" has sprung, but considering much of that data collected is decimated, aerial photogrammetry (by drones no less) offers a very close, and I assume in a game environment, imperceptible difference in representation to the usual laser scan stations info.

And as you said cheaper and faster equipment and operation.

It's great to see it being used because...

Yes a drone based 'photo scanning' aerial photogrammetry system.

Nice. :)
Has your crew flown drones around a certain brazilian track?

Yup I'm aware of the method, I've made a post some years? ago about its validity for precise survey.

You'll see that in some corners of the internet, a certain "cult of laser-scan" has sprung, but considering much of that data collected is decimated, aerial photogrammetry (by drones no less) offers a very close, and I assume in a game environment, imperceptible difference in representation to the usual laser scan stations info.

And as you said cheaper and faster equipment and operation.

It's great to see it being used because...

Nice. :)
Has your crew flown drones around a certain brazilian track?

You're correct. The difference really is imperceptible because we always abstract the point cloud anyway. The little vaunted additional benefits that drones provide are variable height scanning (which gets us much more detail on the off track terrain) and the ability to place the drone at known camera points to capture more detail there.

You're correct. The difference really is imperceptible because we always abstract the point cloud anyway. The little vaunted additional benefits that drones provide are variable height scanning (which gets us much more detail on the off track terrain) and the ability to place the drone at known camera points to capture more detail there.
The mods really frown on double posting and I'd hate to see you get punted from here (however ironic it would be:lol:). Try using the quote button to multi-quote into a single post or use the edit function if you want to add something to an existing post.

The mods really frown on double posting and I'd hate to see you get punted from here (however ironic it would be:lol:). Try using the quote button to multi-quote into a single post or use the edit function if you want to add something to an existing post.

Where did I double post?

upload_2017-2-7_21-57-6.png

Where did I double post?

In case you're only aware of the first definition:
Double Post
Can either be:

1) When someone posts the exact same thing twice in a row.

2) When someone posts something then, rather than using the "edit" button, posts an elaboration or similar right after the 1st.

3) Simply two posts by the same member, regardless of reason, after each other.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Double Post

Johnny is talking about the third one.

I'm afraid you're incorrect Johnny. I was responding to you suggesting the 'Wookie' was my real face (in one post) as I'd already updated my avatar to that, and I responded to the gentleman below you (in another post). Now I see you're premium whatever that means but you laughed at me for asking nicely how to update my avatar and now you're threatening me with removal for something I haven't done. By 'post edit' I meant 'after editing my avatar'. I didn't edit the post.

I also see you're lauding AC in your sig. I'm only here to provide insight and information and if that isn't welcomed I'll happily back off.

I'm afraid you're incorrect Johnny. I was responding to you suggesting the 'Wookie' was my real face (in one post) as I'd already updated my avatar to that, and I responded to the gentleman below you (in another post). Now I see you're premium whatever that means but you laughed at me for asking nicely how to update my avatar and now you're threatening me with removal for something I haven't done. By 'post edit' I meant 'after editing my avatar'. I didn't edit the post.

I also see you're lauding AC in your sig. I'm only here to provide insight and information and if that isn't welcomed I'll happily back off.
Take it easy killer:lol: Double post just means back to back posts, even to different people. Premium just means I paid to support the site, I'm not a mod, just giving you some friendly advice about the forum and how it works, the same friendly advice I received when I double posted for the first time. I've lauded many games in my sig btw, including yours;). Credit where credit is due and all that...

Take it easy killer:lol: Double post just means back to back posts, even to different people. Premium just means I paid to support the site, I'm not a mod, just giving you some friendly advice about the forum and how it works. I've lauded many games in my sig btw, including yours;)

OK I'm afraid to respond now :)

Look guys, if by me quoting a user who has just recently asked a different question on a different topic, causes two posts by me to be consecutive, and that justifies me being banned.. well. What can I say :)

I'm very eager to follow the forum rules. I also have 17 pages of work in front of me. Nesting each question into a single elongated reply would take me too long. Sorry.

So Ian while you're here can you confirm if this is true or not, did Co-op career mode miss the cut and won't be in pcars 2?

Back