Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
The news page - keep an eye on it.
I assumed that was coming soon anyway, but I'd still do something on this forum to avoid the inevitable repetition that is about to come and to make it easy for visitors to the forum to find information they need. Even the news item will be old news in a couple of weeks and likely won't contain all the tidbits found here plus those that are to come. But a stickied forum thread will be there forever and the OP can be updated with all the latest current info.

hi Ian,
raining surface seems great. new hud is clear.
Rain question : i don't see rain with G-effect, is it planned ?

Looks great, features sound great. Should be better than the first game in all areas. The hype is real.

Just imagine... laserscanned Nordschleife at night with just car lights for lighting, in a big snow blizzard with your wipers at full speed, as you drive the livetrack 3.0 causes snow to turn to slush... slush to water and water flows due to livetrack 3.0 naturally down the track, forms puddles, percipitates through the ground, people go off road and dirt gets onto the track, and and and...

THE WHITE HELL! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Here's a few new screenshots.
C4JkXVOWQAIkqUg.jpg

C4JkXUvXUAIFUGz.jpg

C4JkXVOWYAEk3Ve.jpg

C4JkXUqWMAUAhFJ.jpg

ginetta-g57-daytona-road-course-1486042513_zn3g.1280.jpg

ford-f150-funhaver-hell-rallycross-1486042521_2xg4.1280.jpg

aston-martin-vulcan-fuji-speedway-1486042516_g5nn.1280.jpg

acura-nsx-fuji-speedway-1486042514_gjtf.1280.jpg

mercedes-amg-gt3-nissan-gt-r-gt3-long-beach-1486042517_1jnd.1280.jpg

Last edited:
At 20 fps
Just kidding. Looks much better than PC1.

Eh... 20 fps if it ran on an Amiga 2000 with a CPU upgrade. :P

The game needs to run on the consoles, so if your PC can run games for this generation of consoles than you're fine. If you want the best of the best from the game on PC than naturally it'll need more power. ;)

Mr Ian Bell, your game is looking stunning! Can't wait. Would you mind a question:

1 - Will all cars and tracks be available from the start for custom events in single-player?
2 - My system runs with an i7 4770k (stock clock) and a GTX 1070 with 32GB of RAM. How well would you say your game will perform? Enough for 1080p 60fps?
3 - We seem to be getting more road cars this time around as well?

Last edited:
Mr Ian Bell, your game is looking stunning! Can't wait. Would you mind a question:

1 - Will all cars and tracks be available from the start for custom events in single-player?
2 - My system runs with an i7 4770k (stock clock) and a GTX 1070 with 32GB of RAM. How well would you say your game will perform? Enough for 1080p 60fps?
3 - We seem to be getting more road cars this time around as well?
For 1, it was the case in PC1 so I don't see why it would change.

Back