Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Hey, guys. Tried two group A cars today and one I found particularly difficult. The Nissan GTR R32 loses tire temperature and pressure significantly over a lap at the VLN Nurburgring layout and is very difficult to drive after one lap. The other car I tried was the Audi V8 DTM and despite being quite softly sprung by default with quite a bit of oversteer tendency it was easier than the Nissan. Anyone has any advice or tips?

I have exactly the same issue with the R32, everytime I go near a 3rd/4th gear corner the car loses control and it's almost impossible to catch, I haven't tried adjusting the roll bars or anything yet but on default setup that car just doesn't stick the way I thought t would. And yes the Audi V8 is much easier to drive and the car does oversteer a fair amount but unlike the R32 I can catch the slides relatively easily.

They're still there but I think you can only hear them from the bumper and hood/bonnet cams.

Yeah I hear them calling occasionally, even from cockpit view. In all seriousness though I believe it's possible the blow-off noise on the Audi 90 GTO is bugged, drive to the top of first then let off and more often than not you will hear the blow-off, any other gear though and it's nowhere to be heard. Also stalling by coming to a stop in-gear or switching off the car will play the sound without fail, it also sounds when loading the setup menu iirc. @IanBell Any word on this? Do I need to make a bug report elsewhere?

Hey Benny, what you gotta do is go to the Project Cars 2 icon on your PS4, click down with the directional button and then a list of things come up like achievements etc. There should be one marked Playstation Store with the number 2 on it (if you ordered the Motorsport and Japanese packs) click on it, then click on the Japanese pack and click download. So while it's installed it's not actually downloaded. Weird I know....
Thank you! I thought I was going crazy. I'll get on it when I get home. I didn't get the season pass yet, so i only have the Japanese pack. I may still get it, but with GT Sport coming out my budget may say otherwise. Thanks again Ryan!

They're on whatever is the default in both. Pretty sure that pC2 does not use damper effects, so their actual setting should not make any difference.

Something must be screwy then because my FFB felt absolutely horrible and broken last night and I notice virtually no difference between the three FFB presets. All I could feel is some vague weight transfer, nothing from the tires, road, suspension, etc, and sometimes I didn't even feel weight transfer.

^sounds like clipping (too much force/signal). Feel gets all mushy. Try lowering everything (do a 50% cut to begin with)

I think I mostly got this issue sorted. Found on in my Windows Game Controllers tab my "preferred device" had been set to my shifter instead of my wheel which was making things feel funny. Both AC and PCars2 felt like new games after I set my wheel as my preferred device. 👍

Do have a question though, I can't see the FFB clipping meter in the telemetry screen. I've had several people tell me where it should be but when I go there it is missing (see below). To my understand, just to the right of the 6 vertical bars there should be a box with a yellow squiggly line showing the FFB signal. Any ideas why it isn't showing up on my end or what I can do to fix it?

FullSizeR.jpg

Is anyone else just enjoying the hell out of this game? I know there are bugs but its still damn fun. 488 GT3, F40 LM, and Mclaren F1 GT1 are amazing

You read the forum and you think the sky is falling....I've played over 16 hours already. I had 0 crash. I encounter 1 bug with my steering wheel where I had to reset. The skip to end issue is annoying but it's not the end of the world. I am playing the career mode and it's great. Every cars feels totally different. no regrets

Is anyone else just enjoying the hell out of this game? I know there are bugs but its still damn fun. 488 GT3, F40 LM, and Mclaren F1 GT1 are amazing

Yeah Tommy, I sure am :cheers:
My favourite car so far is the XJ220 S. I can't get enough of it! Amazing to think this car came out in 1994 with 228mph and 0-60mph in 3.2 and almost 700hp. Could very well beat the Enzo...
I had just started secondary school! So happy when I saw the Pcars 2 car list.

To people simply testing out cars are you mostly doing test sessions or quick races?

I spent the whole of yesterday trying different cars in free practice on my favourite tracks....notable disappointment was Ferrari F50 And the P1 GTR :(

I also ran a handful of quick races and even one online race but mostly free practice mode

Last edited:
The menus are so slow and freezes so much every time you navigate. Another problem im having is when you turn the mirror on and it resets itself when you go on to do another race. I'm having a blast playing the game but those issues need to be fixed ASAP.

The menus are so slow and freezes so much every time you navigate. Another problem im having is when you turn the mirror on and it resets itself when you go on to do another race. I'm having a blast playing the game but those issues need to be fixed ASAP.
I brought up the slow menus to @IanBell and he asked for details because they haven't had that issue. Then people started coming out saying the same thing. I send him some private messages detailing my experience but no response yet. I wonder if PS4 Pro doesn't have this issue. Can anyone confirm these slow downs on the PS4 Pro please?

I set up a multi-class race with Super Trofeo - Megane Trophy - TC1 - G40 Junior and after one lap with a full speed run down the main straight they was a good gap between each cluster of cars. That was just a test and now I'll try it with 20 laps and a forced pit stop. That should mix it up so I have to pass slower cars and look out for faster ones as well.

I'm thinking of the 24H Series races that don't include prototypes or GT3 cars. Four or more (though we can only do four) classes all under 500HP makes for close racing and a lot of traffic. Cars might not be competitive against each other but can still fight for overall positions just based on track position and ability to overtake.

Another good one to simulate the European Le Mans Series is LMP2 - LMP3 - GT3 - GT4

I brought up the slow menus to @IanBell and he asked for details because they haven't had that issue. Then people started coming out saying the same thing. I send him some private messages detailing my experience but no response yet. I wonder if PS4 Pro doesn't have this issue. Can anyone confirm these slow downs on the PS4 Pro please?

I can confirm that the slow menus are present in the PS Pro.

I spent the whole of yesterday trying different cars in free practice on my favourite tracks....notable disappointment was Ferrari F50 And the P1 GTR :(

I also ran a handful of quick races and even one online race but mostly free practice mode

I know what you mean, Chris! I just felt the F50 sounded very muted. Didn't have that goosebumping F1 transmission whine.
On the other hand, Forza's F50 sound appears to be a lot closer to reality. The Enzo sounded good though.

I know what you mean, Chris! I just felt the F50 sounded very muted. Didn't have that goosebumping F1 transmission whine.
On the other hand, Forza's F50 sound appears to be a lot closer to reality. The Enzo sounded good though.

I've Not tried the Enzo yet

Funny you mention the F50 because I love that thing. It's such an elbows out car that feels on a knife edge. Great experience.

I set up a multi-class race with Super Trofeo - Megane Trophy - TC1 - G40 Junior and after one lap with a full speed run down the main straight they was a good gap between each cluster of cars. That was just a test and now I'll try it with 20 laps and a forced pit stop. That should mix it up so I have to pass slower cars and look out for faster ones as well.

I'm thinking of the 24H Series races that don't include prototypes or GT3 cars. Four or more (though we can only do four) classes all under 500HP makes for close racing and a lot of traffic. Cars might not be competitive against each other but can still fight for overall positions just based on track position and ability to overtake.

Another good one to simulate the European Le Mans Series is LMP2 - LMP3 - GT3 - GT4

ELMS is LMP2-LMP3-GTE

Yes the menus freeze completely sometimes for 30s ... I'd say that would be my #2 urgent bug to fix... #1 would be the screen freezes and lag anytime someone joins a session on MP and #3 the AI difficulty on ps4. For the menus if you disconnect your console from the internet it seems to fix it. So probably network related ?

I've made it to Indycar in my career, It was a really tough decision whose car to drive, eventually I went for Max Chilton (because Ganassi), I might need to tweak the AI aggression down a notch or two though...

Maybe you can address this... I dominated the Formula rookie class and went into Formula "c." But no matter how many laps I do, or set up I change, I cannot get heat or grip in my tires in the formula "c" car. Did you have this issue?

Back