Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
1. We're going to clean up those values so that it will be simply 0-10 in steps of 1 (where 0 = OFF and 10 = FULL ON)

2. For now, you should keep the value somewhere between 0.05 (rain) and 0.15 (dry) (and it's a bit reversed how you would think about it, 0.05 is essentially FULL ON and 0.15 is basically FULL OFF)

What the current values mean is how much slip angle to accept before TC kicks in. 0.05 is very little slip angle (so TC kicks in sooner) while 0.15 means a lot of slip angle (so TC kicks in later). So the number is defining the vehicle angle when TC will activate.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the confusion with these initial numbers

Thank you for the tip and the confirmation that this is being looked at.

Would be nice if the camera wouldn't be affected when you're navigating the car management menu too.

1. We're going to clean up those values so that it will be simply 0-10 in steps of 1 (where 0 = OFF and 10 = FULL ON)

2. For now, you should keep the value somewhere between 0.05 (rain) and 0.15 (dry) (and it's a bit reversed how you would think about it, 0.05 is essentially FULL ON and 0.15 is basically FULL OFF)

What the current values mean is how much slip angle to accept before TC kicks in. 0.05 is very little slip angle (so TC kicks in sooner) while 0.15 means a lot of slip angle (so TC kicks in later). So the number is defining the vehicle angle when TC will activate.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the confusion with these initial numbers
Thanks for simplifying the values! But you will also flip the definition? Shouldn't 0 = full on and 10 = full off? This would mirror the current thinking (and also how Assetto Corsa does it).

Has this been confirmed by SMS?

Mine is already off there but I can still change gears in manual H-pattern cars without touching the clutch with no consequences.
Yes I'll agree it is pretty forgiving when shifting but I really do like that with some cars you need to heel-toe. Didn't feel that way with the first pcars

Thanks for simplifying the values! But you will also flip the definition? Shouldn't 0 = full on and 10 = full off? This would mirror the current thinking (and also how Assetto Corsa does it).

Same as with World movement. Putting it to close to zero gives you a lot of movement. I know it can be explained as your head is moving less. But the text for the slider tells a different story. Putting it to 100 is what I was looking for.

Hello,

I have a few questions about using the game's UI and how to change some things about what I see when I am driving and when I'm analyzing what my competition is going whilst in the pit lane. I was not sure where I should ask these questions and decided that this thread would be the best bet. (Please note I am on a standard PS4 system.)
  1. Is there any way I can switch the track map to full-view on the HUD? I like having this where I can see the entire track so when I'm doing online races it is easier for me to see where my competition is even if they're a half-lap up or down on me. This also comes in handy whenever I'm dealing with a Safety Car deployment in an online racing series.
  2. Is there any way to know what tires your competitors are using whilst spectating or viewing the timing screen? I was doing a practice session live on Twitch last night and would have liked to know the other guys' compounds so I could get a better benchmark for the lap times I was running.
These questions may sound silly or have simple answers, but this is perhaps the most UI I've ever had to navigate in a racing game so it gets a little confusing for me sometimes. Many thanks for answers you may be able to provide.

Regards,
Bambi

Hello,

I have a few questions about using the game's UI and how to change some things about what I see when I am driving and when I'm analyzing what my competition is going whilst in the pit lane. I was not sure where I should ask these questions and decided that this thread would be the best bet. (Please note I am on a standard PS4 system.)
  1. Is there any way I can switch the track map to full-view on the HUD? I like having this where I can see the entire track so when I'm doing online races it is easier for me to see where my competition is even if they're a half-lap up or down on me. This also comes in handy whenever I'm dealing with a Safety Car deployment in an online racing series.
  2. Is there any way to know what tires your competitors are using whilst spectating or viewing the timing screen? I was doing a practice session live on Twitch last night and would have liked to know the other guys' compounds so I could get a better benchmark for the lap times I was running.
These questions may sound silly or have simple answers, but this is perhaps the most UI I've ever had to navigate in a racing game so it gets a little confusing for me sometimes. Many thanks for answers you may be able to provide.

Regards,
Bambi
Bad news Bambi:

1. Either off or what you’ve seen.

2. Not that I’ve come across.
👍

I notice that you actually have to setup your pit strategy either before or while you're racing instead of doing everything when you get to pit road like in pcars1. I didn't notice until one of my career mode races where i had to pit for rain tires because it started raining and i came into the pits and the stop was only 1 second lol. They didn't changed tires or nothing. I went to car management and then pit strategy and everything was blank. I know next time to do this during the race. I like that you can do that. Just gotta do it while you're on the straightaway.

I notice that you actually have to setup your pit strategy either before or while you're racing instead of doing everything when you get to pit road like in pcars1. I didn't notice until one of my career mode races where i had to pit for rain tires because it started raining and i came into the pits and the stop was only 1 second lol. They didn't changed tires or nothing. I went to car management and then pit strategy and everything was blank. I know next time to do this during the race. I like that you can do that. Just gotta do it while you're on the straightaway.

yeah I figured that out the hard way.

One of the things that AC did better on consoles! Having a single button (say for TC or ABS) that you keep pressing and it keeps toggling between all available values!
That management menu is so horrendous and clumsy! Not so natural to use!

Completely agree. I absolutely adore this game, however I wish TC changes during race settings were more like Asetto, and I wish I was penalized for bad shifts (not using clutch properly) like Asetto. H Pattern barely cares if you use the clutch or not.

Still. Love love LOVE this game.

TC and ABS work like that when you assign them to a button. Pressing them will toggle Off - Low - High. I know it's not numbered from 1-12 but honestly that's way too much. Three or four would be fine, if the real car has it.

TC and ABS work like that when you assign them to a button. Pressing them will toggle Off - Low - High. I know it's not numbered from 1-12 but honestly that's way too much. Three or four would be fine, if the real car has it.

Not on my end. When I press the button it only toggles between On and Off, if I want to adjust the level I have to go into the tuning menu.

From the man himself

IanBell:
Hey man, sorry for the delay. It's been pretty intense and busy.

Basically we have a bug with saved games and setups causing the machine to slow down over time. We're debugging it internally now. The only workaround is to delete lots of setups and see if it helps. And the only absolute workaround is to delete the whole save game. Not good enough I know but we are working furiously to fix it.

Wow. This is alarming. With all the bugs including ones I've been encountering I'm wondering if it makes any sense continuing with the game until the bug fixes are released. Very disappointing.

Wow. This is alarming. With all the bugs including ones I've been encountering I'm wondering if it makes any sense continuing with the game until the bug fixes are released. Very disappointing.
Erm. I and many people don't deem it to be that much of an issue. Yes, it's slightly frustrating but beyond that, there's no actual issue and it will be fixed soon.

Erm. I and many people don't deem it to be that much of an issue. Yes, it's slightly frustrating but beyond that, there's no actual issue and it will be fixed soon.
There will be an issue for PCars2 sucess if the “matter of days” patch doesn’t placate the folk that find the bugs a deal breaker. They will have choice soon enough which game works the best. Thats what made me drop GT6 the fact that what I used it for stopped working.

Which ever way you look at it, its earlier release date hasn’t quite been capitised on, missed opportunity to get way out ahead.

(I like the game BTW).

This might seem like an odd question to some people but I'm wondering if there is
a setting where you can switch off the prohibition of driving the wrong way on the track.

As soon as you go the wrong way there is a timer counting down from five and if it reaches zero
you automatically get taken off the track. Even while being all alone.

It was/is possible to drive the wrong way in GT6 and it's actually really fun and interesting
to drive Monaco and the Nordschleife the other way around instead of the regular way.
Every corner becomes a totally different beast.

I'm refering to offline gameplay here, of course one should never drive the other way on the track
while racing with real people in a lobby (unless it has been pre-determined and decided amongst
everyone to do so). I have actually been part of races where everyone goes the opposite direction instead
of the normal one.

Which ever way you look at it, its earlier release date hasn’t quite been capitised on, missed opportunity to get way out ahead.
I disagree. I'd say it has been completely capitalised on. Forza tried their demo before this game's launched and I've seen/heard that it's reasonably unpopular and every single game has bugs. Project CARS 2 has a vast amount of content and an online license system that will be tuned over time as well as used in various ways. I'd probably get bored of GT Sport faster than I will of PC2 assuming I even get GTS.

This might seem like an odd question to some people but I'm wondering if there is
a setting where you can switch off the prohibition of driving the wrong way on the track.

As soon as you go the wrong way there is a timer counting down from five and if it reaches zero
you automatically get taken off the track. Even while being all alone.

It was/is possible to drive the wrong way in GT6 and it's actually really fun and interesting
to drive Monaco and the Nordschleife the other way around instead of the regular way.
Every corner becomes a totally different beast.

I'm refering to offline gameplay here, of course one should never drive the other way on the track
while racing with real people in a lobby (unless it has been pre-determined and decided amongst
everyone to do so). I have actually been part of races where everyone goes the opposite direction instead
of the normal one.
I'm not sure what settings but I'm know you can. I went nearly a whole lap backwards on Laguna seca and it didn't even tell me anything. Try turning off penalties in gameplay menu?

completely capitalised on.

That can quantified, completely would have been no complaints containing deal breaker or refunds, and i know I’ve read a few. As far as I’m concerned they are nearly there, its good enough for me.
tuned over time
This is the issue, if the patch fixes the majority of complaints and its out before them then yeah most will give it a chance, although not a lot will be patient if the other games work better...
The comparison cant be compared until they release, but this maybe good for serious racers, as they maybe the ones left playing it, I would expect them to be more patient.

That can quantified, completely would have been no complaints containing deal breaker or refunds, and i know I’ve read a few. As far as I’m concerned they are nearly there, its good enough for me.
Yeah. Looking back on that, I'd say completely is a bit more than I actually meant.

One of the things that AC did better on consoles! Having a single button (say for TC or ABS) that you keep pressing and it keeps toggling between all available values!
That management menu is so horrendous and clumsy! Not so natural to use!
The ICM implementation is poor, for sure.

I am hoping they add the ability to map buttons for the TC, ABS and ECU Fuel Map.

I've seen that Project Cars 2 has a LOT of bad reviews. Since this is a Project Cars 2 thread, I need help. I'm thinking of buying this tomorrow, but I don't know whether I should wait by looking at all those bad reviews. (On Amazon) I'm a DS4 user, So my question is, is it worth it? Should I buy it tomorrow or should I wait it out & buy it later on?

Yup, I love racing with GT1 in this game. I'm not that great at racing yet, but I'm enjoying myself and it makes me hope that more GT1 cars find their way in PC2 later on.

Getting fed up with wasting time qualifying only to be stuck in the "waiting room" between qualifying and race start. How long are we supposed to wait before we quit the lobby and try (and fail) again?

Also the game seems to be slowing down, but that could just be me.

I'm waiting for the opportunity to post something positive about this game, but I haven't been able to race enough without annoying bugs yet.

Getting fed up with wasting time qualifying only to be stuck in the "waiting room" between qualifying and race start. How long are we supposed to wait before we quit the lobby and try (and fail) again?

Also the game seems to be slowing down, but that could just be me.

I'm waiting for the opportunity to post something positive about this game, but I haven't been able to race enough without annoying bugs yet.
Have you tried hosting your own room?

Back