Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Wait a minute here,,something not right, i went to play a little pc2 to decide if I'll get the Japanese pack, which i missed anyhow, it delisted at midnight sharp.

But while i went thru the cars selection in game, i can't find anymore some of my favourites, the old audi quattro, and old ford rs200 cosworth.

Now that ain't right, did they take them out in an update at some point?
I had tinkered with their setups quit a bit too, they were super cool to drive. Grrr..

Edit: now i notice the Porsche carrera gt is missing also grrr.
Edit2: the Porsche 959 as well is missing.

This pisses me off if they took them off, i see there was an update on ps4 on 6/2021, doesn't mention anything about this.

Pff, im glad i didn't pay for the last dlc if this is true. Not ok at all, they got cheap on the licenses and you lose cars even after buying it.
Now all dlc is gone, i dont know if you can even re-download them if you're missing something

Last edited:
Those cars are still in my game of course im not online maybe they released a stealth update to go with the delisting to remove tracks or the cars for which the license expire.

Those cars are still in my game of course im not online maybe they released a stealth update to go with the delisting to remove tracks or the cars for which the license expire.
I didn't think about tracks too, sure hope the old classics arent gone. Ill check tomorrow.

Last edited:
RIP.
1663758530578.png

On a lighter note did you guys know that you would have to make around 65 trips by car from New York to los angeles to even come close to how many kilometers i have in total with my beloved p1 gtr :embarrassed::)

Just saying.
I did "get my kicks" driving from Chicago to LA once, so I've only 64 trips left to go ;)

I have physical PC2 on PS with all the DLC already, plus the digital base copy on XSS.

As an aside, for those not aware the servers for Dirt rally 1 and dirt 4 go down forever on 3 October and they are removed from EA Play/Game Pass, so I am getting some final daily events done :)

I just hope that DR goes on offer on Xbox before it gets delisted, I've got it on PC, PS4 and on GamePass. If not I'll have to buy it at a full £17.99 !!

@Jtheripper - have you perhaps got one of the race type presets active? It will automatically limit access to certain cars and tracks and you won't see the others.
Good thought, ill check it a little later, thanks ,but i doubt it. No one else has noticed missing content here it seems at least.

***Edit: i just re-checked, it's not limited, i just go to the quick race, with no restrictions, check cars list to select one,,and many missing cars.

I think also a Ferrari is missing, 458 speciale, renault 5..

No one else is missing content?
Maybe i got a corrupt storage and should try redownload, install the whole game.

Porsche 961, old lemans style gt1 ferraris, 512 i think it is, panoz esperante gt1, ferrari f12,? missing.
Ferrari 250gt?

The classic lemans track is missing too, sigh.
I thought i typed that on my last edit..

Last edited:
Its gone it really is gone 😭😭

And psn is still charging full price for pcars 3 :lol::crazy:
Weird, but PSN does it for every failed game, I remember Mafia III was at full price for a very long time.

@Jtheripper If you on playstation, just push options on a game at console screen and go to game's files, all installed DLC must be shown there, or the option to download each.

Last edited:
Uhmm, lol, silly me, i had forgotten that i had re-installed pc2 a while back, and had not clicked on each dlc to re-install them as well.
I only saw them in my list of owned dlc and didn't think to check each.

Glad to have all my content back at least.
I didn't realize that all my missing content was the dlcs,messy mind this week I guess. Pheww..

So I've been back on pc2, been a while really. Trying out the extra cars especially, really loving it, more than i remembered.

All is super well done, car models,,cockpits, many sounds, especially in cockpit, lighting, feel, ffb, tracks, features etc.

Just too bad you cant do a custom Championship, or even a race with specific ai cars.

Anyhow,,enjoying the 288gto, f355, f12, 512s,...,,and the tracks.
I prefer the street/summer tires i think on street cars, when available, makes it more challenging, feel, plus it's more how i would expect these cars to feel.

All i could hope is cleaner image than on my std ps4, i wonder in ps5 how it runs.

No upgrade i think?
But does the ps5 run it at higher res automatically, or cleaner image?
And smoother replays a little.
That be cool.

Edit: just tried the jaguar e-type 74, at laguna, really cool feel, lots character, even with track tires.

Last edited:
Uhmm, lol, silly me, i had forgotten that i had re-installed pc2 a while back, and had not clicked on each dlc to re-install them as well.
I only saw them in my list of owned dlc and didn't think to check each.

Glad to have all my content back at least.
I didn't realize that all my missing content was the dlcs,messy mind this week I guess. Pheww..

So I've been back on pc2, been a while really. Trying out the extra cars especially, really loving it, more than i remembered.

All is super well done, car models,,cockpits, many sounds, especially in cockpit, lighting, feel, ffb, tracks, features etc.

Just too bad you cant do a custom Championship, or even a race with specific ai cars.

Anyhow,,enjoying the 288gto, f355, f12, 512s,...,,and the tracks.
I prefer the street/summer tires i think on street cars, when available, makes it more challenging, feel, plus it's more how i would expect these cars to feel.

All i could hope is cleaner image than on my std ps4, i wonder in ps5 how it runs.

No upgrade i think?
But does the ps5 run it at higher res automatically, or cleaner image?
And smoother replays a little.
That be cool.

Edit: just tried the jaguar e-type 74, at laguna, really cool feel, lots character, even with track tires.
On PS5 (and I assume PS4 Pro also), you can use Enhanced Resolution mode, which really looks quite nice. It's the best you'll get on a modern, 4K display for sure.

If you own a Xbox série x, Pcars 2 run even better and you get more detailled with higher I resolution, I own both versions and there is a slight difference compare to the PS5 version, it's much cleaner

Last edited:
If you own a Xbox série x, Pcars 2 run even better and you get more detailled with higher I resolution, I own both versions and there is a slight difference compare to the PS5 version, it's much cleaner
Your post makes me sad just think about it if i ever wanted to buy a series x i could never buy pcars 2 for it unless its the disk version which will be missing all the updates and dlc. :(

Same goes for pc only way to play pcars 2 now is either to own it or
pirated
it

Your post makes me sad just think about it if i ever wanted to buy a series x i could never buy pcars 2 for it unless its the disk version which will be missing all the updates and dlc. :(

Same goes for pc only way to play pcars 2 now is either to own it or
pirated
it

The updates would still download I believe. It does play and look really nice on SX, almost on par with my PC, very little in it.

I've got no issues getting the updates and downloading the already purchased DLC
And yes it's really nice, I you own boot system, this is the version to go, no doubt

I presumed the disk version of PC2 deluxe edition is like the disk version of PC1 gotye, everything is on the disk, so no need to download anything (I might be wrong though) however you wouldn't be able to get the Japanese pack.
I think that's correct, as my copy is pre-owned, so there were no codes / DL needed.
Edit- Actually, sorry, I only have the barebones disc for PC2, so must have bought the DLC digitally. I have the GOTY disc for PC1.

Last edited:
I think that's correct, as my copy is pre-owned, so there were no codes / DL needed.
I'm still debating whether or not to pick up a used copy of PC1 gotye for my SX purely for the bigger grid sizes on certain tracks, I read somewhere that it's about 50 odd/ish on Le Mans but I can't be sure, I know the PC version has even more.

Edit: found my answer.

Last edited:
I'm still debating whether or not to pick up a used copy of PC1 gotye for my SX purely for the bigger grid sizes on certain tracks, I read somewhere that it's about 50 odd/ish on Le Mans but I can't be sure, I know the PC version has even more.

Edit: found my answer.
Oh wow, I'll have to check that out. I knew some people claimed it was better in some areas, but I miss the content from PC2.

Ok i see the disk version can still be updated but since you have to buy disk the only disk versions available are the day one and normal version well as far as i can see on amazon and only the day one disk brings the Japanese car pack.

Ok i see the disk version can still be updated but since you have to buy disk the only disk versions available are the day one and normal version well as far as i can see on amazon and only the day one disk brings the Japanese car pack.
I'd definitely buy the deluxe version because you get the motorsports pack & I'd choose that over the Japanese pack just for the Panoz.

Unless you're talking about PC1 then you're better off finding the gotye version from a 2nd hand shop, over here (UK) we have CEX.

I'd definitely buy the deluxe version because you get the motorsports pack & I'd choose that over the Japanese pack just for the Panoz.

Unless you're talking about PC1 then you're better off finding the gotye version from a 2nd hand shop, over here (UK) we have CEX.
That's the thing i dont see a deluxe version on amazon this is all i see

Wont let me post the link so here is a pic

Attachments

• fff.png
    fff.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Keys for the Deluxe are still relatively cheap but already rising for all platforms. Around double the price I paid back in January for the Steam Version already. Got it at PSN for 7,99 € ~2 month ago and paid full price back on release for Xbox One.

Yes in my universe it does make sense owning good titles on all platforms which I will replay for the rest of my life from time to time. You'll never know which one will still work in 10, 20 or 30 years :P

Keys for the Deluxe are still relatively cheap but already rising for all platforms. Around double the price I paid back in January for the Steam Version already. Got it at PSN for 7,99 € ~2 month ago and paid full price back on release for Xbox One.

Yes in my universe it does make sense owning good titles on all platforms which I will replay for the rest of my life from time to time. You'll never know which one will still work in 10, 20 or 30 years :P
Do keys apply to consoles? i know you cant buy digital games outside psn but how does that work on Xbox live.

Can i buy a key to pcars 2 Deluxe and redeem the game via xbox live?

Back