Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
James Hinchcliffe: No it’s still very much there. When you’re qualifying and you pull all the downforce off, the car slides around and moves around a lot more than you can see on television, and so you’re still fighting all the exact same things, it just looks a little less dramatic on TV. But I promise you, it’s every bit as dramatic from the cockpit.

So long for the PhD. in physics by YT :D

Something about a Canadian IndyCar driver. Don't think he's popular.

He's a nobody. Just like the rest of my fellow Canadians...

You know. Unknown drivers like Greg Moore, Jacques Villeneuve, Gilles Villeneuve, Patrick Carpantier, Alex Tagliani, Andrew Ranger, Bruno Spengler, Robert Wickens, Paul Tracy, Lance Stroll, Ron Fellows..... No one's ever heard of them.

We only produce hockey players. :lol:

You know. Unknown drivers like Greg Moore, Jacques Villeneuve, Gilles Villeneuve, Patrick Carpantier, Alex Tagliani, Andrew Ranger, Bruno Spengler, Robert Wickens, Paul Tracy, Lance Stroll, Ron Fellows..... No one's ever heard of them.

touchy, touchy LOL on the bright side we all know you can out drink us with that high test

I know of 5 of the ones you mentioned.

Just looking through the screenshots and found 29/33 cars. Just couldn't find Chilton, Montoya, Daly or Clauson but did count 33 cars in that so I'm not worried.

Beautiful shot! I've no idea why so many people are paying such attention to GTS when PCars2 is on the horizon. This is going to walk all over it IMO.
I agree with you. Gran Turismo is like Call of Duty though. It doesn't matter how bad it gets or how much better the competition makes their games. People will still buy Gran Turismo because it was around for so long with no direct competition that it has a massive fan base.

It's definately a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Excuse my poor Photoshop skills.
patcRNw.png

Let's move on to some new car reveals and some other details.

"So, for instance, you’ll be able to run a 1998 Le Mans race, at a scanned Le Mans, complete with real-time weather, with cars such as the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM, the Nissan R390 GT1 Long Tail that finished third, as well as the McLaren F1 GTR that finished fourth. And if you have the Motorsports Pack, you can even add the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 to that battle."

The return of GT4 and GT5 classes.
"We also have GT3, GT4, GT5, and a large host of other vehicle classes."

Details about PS4 Pro vs Scorpio.
Microsoft have finally revealed the specs and I have two sub questions regarding this. 1) from a development perspective do you think it has enough power to deliver 4k/60fps in AAA games? 2) What is the target fps/resolution for PC2 on Scorpio?

Andy Tudor: To your first question—in principle, yes. In principle because we really don’t know until we get things up and running and see what it can do. We are exploring the console now, so it’s too early to give specific answers on those.

Scorpio also supports FreeSync and next-gen HDMI 2.1. What are the advantages of this and how do you think this will impact anyone playing PC2 on Scorpio?

Andy Tudor: We may go higher resolution on Scorpio compared to Pro, or we may keep lower res but increase detail. Again, too early to say, and if we can do something extra on Scorpio easily we will do, we won’t hold it back due to Pro.

Scorpio features a high end GPU and a ton of memory. It’s kind of interesting in a way that Microsoft are finally ahead in the hardware race. Where does this leave the Pro version? Are you going to aim for parity on both Pro and Scorpio so that you can reach the maximum audience or are you going to push each hardware to their respective strengths?

Andy Tudor: We have scalability in our cross-platform engine already, and use that on PC. We can apply a number of detail levels reasonably easily to help differentiate between base and advanced versions.

http://gamingbolt.com/project-cars-...unctions-career-mode-project-scorpio-and-more

Let's move on to some new car reveals and some other details.

"So, for instance, you’ll be able to run a 1998 Le Mans race, at a scanned Le Mans, complete with real-time weather, with cars such as the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM, the Nissan R390 GT1 Long Tail that finished third, as well as the McLaren F1 GTR that finished fourth. And if you have the Motorsports Pack, you can even add the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 to that battle."

The return of GT4 and GT5 classes.
"We also have GT3, GT4, GT5, and a large host of other vehicle classes."

Details about PS4 Pro vs Scorpio.
Microsoft have finally revealed the specs and I have two sub questions regarding this. 1) from a development perspective do you think it has enough power to deliver 4k/60fps in AAA games? 2) What is the target fps/resolution for PC2 on Scorpio?

Andy Tudor: To your first question—in principle, yes. In principle because we really don’t know until we get things up and running and see what it can do. We are exploring the console now, so it’s too early to give specific answers on those.

Scorpio also supports FreeSync and next-gen HDMI 2.1. What are the advantages of this and how do you think this will impact anyone playing PC2 on Scorpio?

Andy Tudor: We may go higher resolution on Scorpio compared to Pro, or we may keep lower res but increase detail. Again, too early to say, and if we can do something extra on Scorpio easily we will do, we won’t hold it back due to Pro.

Scorpio features a high end GPU and a ton of memory. It’s kind of interesting in a way that Microsoft are finally ahead in the hardware race. Where does this leave the Pro version? Are you going to aim for parity on both Pro and Scorpio so that you can reach the maximum audience or are you going to push each hardware to their respective strengths?

Andy Tudor: We have scalability in our cross-platform engine already, and use that on PC. We can apply a number of detail levels reasonably easily to help differentiate between base and advanced versions.

http://gamingbolt.com/project-cars-...unctions-career-mode-project-scorpio-and-more
Also states 62 locations.

Back