Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Hello everybody,
I just noticed that there is no SPA Francorchamps in the list of circuits for Project CARS 2, is this normal ?
project-cars-2-track-list_1_orig.png

attachment.php

Bottom row 20 DEC :), I wouldn't worry too much about it not being on the list currently.

Hello everybody,
I just noticed that there is no SPA Francorchamps in the list of circuits for Project CARS 2, is this normal ?
project-cars-2-track-list_1_orig.png
Did u also notice that there are 17 unrevealed slots on this picture for Project CARS 2 ?
(The grey-ish PCars logo)
Moreover there are only 50 logos on this pictures

The reason spa or monza aren't on it could be because they are waiting to announce classic monza and classic spa to go along with the modern versions, spa is 100% in the game so don't worry.

The reason spa or monza aren't on it could be because they are waiting to announce classic monza and classic spa to go along with the modern versions, spa is 100% in the game so don't worry.
That's exactly what i'm thinking.

Not sure about Sonoma though.

1. Yes :)

2. No but we've worked on the moire/sub pixel shimmer issue a lot.

3. Watch this space :)
OMG !! I feel like a teenage girl being asked out for the first time ...

latest

... but not looking like one >__<

Also great to learn about the rest, and once again, thank you for answering all these questions.

This looks interesting.
Don't those trees lose their leaves in winter?
Well that's not very important to me anyway. I one of those who don't care about what is happening outside of the track (couldn't care less for the choper ^^, and even disabling the crowds).

Being able to create your own league/championship in this game is fantastic. It would really help with my Monday Night racing series - just have to consult the fellas I race with because I'm not sure everyone will buy it!:lol:

Seems like a target render for now, not the real thing yet, but that should make the races pretty great to spectate from now on. Here comes TV-like coverage of races !

Seems like a target render for now, not the real thing yet, but that should make the races pretty great to spectate from now on. Here comes TV-like coverage of races !
Yeah, apparently it also has the Fuji Speedway map in the top right corner when the Corvette and Ford are racing at Long Beach, I believe.

It is a real, unaltered screenshot, augmented with a selection of wip hud/gui elements.

It is a real, unaltered screenshot, augmented with a selection of wip hud/gui elements.

It doesn't appear to be completely real to me with the Formula One last names and gap values featuring numbers in sequential order. You also have the little joke of, "incident on Turn 10," but if it's real, it's real.

@IanBell @The_American of the announced tracks, which tracks seems to be the most interesting or fun when it comes to the live track 3.0/dynamic regional weather? Any favorite examples or stories of how it worked out in an actual race?

@Ian Bell, in Pcars 1 there was a problem if you wanted to organize a night race with open-wheel many tracks weren't light enough, have you solved this problem? Thx for reply in advance

@Ian Bell, in Pcars 1 there was a problem if you wanted to organize a night race with open-wheel many tracks weren't light enough, have you solved this problem? Thx for reply in advance

It's not a problem it's realistic, SMS aren't going to put fake lights on a track that doesn't have them in real life? Open wheelers are predominantly day races anyways. Bar the odd couple that race on tracks with lights in real life.

That's in game. The current in game shots look even better now we've perfected our new Bokeh rendering.

I'm honestly excited to show you all how good it looks.
I didn't meant to say the screenshot of the cars was not real, just the overlay. Considering the mistakes and easter egg in the overlay, I tough it was a photoshop target render put onto a genuine in-game screenshot.
It's all the better if all that is seen in the image is already taken from the game itself with placeholder assets (map, etc).
Make Broadcasts Great Again! ;p

I love having to redeem ourselves from a mid 80's rated 2.3 million selling debut game of a franchise :)

Well, to be fair. With the amount of glitches I faced and ovals that never made the game, I'm pretty hesitant with Pcars 2.

I'm keeping my eyes on it, but won't be buying day one like I did with Pcars 1.

On a less negative note, any info on what sort of lobby controls we get for online? One thing I've always wanted, was a way to limit car tuning, as in limiting it to tire pressures, brake balance and downforce for example. But I'd love to have like a check box system where I could select exactly which tuning options would be allowed. Like Tire pressure, DF, Diff. Or DF, Shocks, brake bias only, etc. This would be great for leagues.

Always found that Pcars felt better with some slight tuning, but you either had to have full tuning allowed and have some guys suddenly 2 seconds faster because they have the time and patience to tune, or no tuning at all and have default setups that at least half the people running hated lol.

Well, to be fair. With the amount of glitches I faced and ovals that never made the game, I'm pretty hesitant with Pcars 2.

I'm keeping my eyes on it, but won't be buying day one like I did with Pcars 1.

On a less negative note, any info on what sort of lobby controls we get for online? One thing I've always wanted, was a way to limit car tuning, as in limiting it to tire pressures, brake balance and downforce for example. But I'd love to have like a check box system where I could select exactly which tuning options would be allowed. Like Tire pressure, DF, Diff. Or DF, Shocks, brake bias only, etc. This would be great for leagues.

Always found that Pcars felt better with some slight tuning, but you either had to have full tuning allowed and have some guys suddenly 2 seconds faster because they have the time and patience to tune, or no tuning at all and have default setups that at least half the people running hated lol.

You really think you get an answer with that intro? :)

It's not a problem it's realistic, SMS aren't going to put fake lights on a track that doesn't have them in real life? Open wheelers are predominantly day races anyways. Bar the odd couple that race on tracks with lights in real life.
Night races are more spectacular and people are not checking if there's a light more around the track:lol::lol:

Can the director or commentator during the live broadcast show the championship standings? This is 1 of important things for people who follow a league. And does during the streaming it will possible to see drivers' stats like wins, pole gotten during the season? Thx for your reply

Quick reminder that this is one of the tracks that was laser scanned, along with Nurburgring, Fuji Speedway, Long Beach and a few others still to be announced.

I'm glad we are getting Daytona but I'm still kinda frustrated that we possibly not go have NASCAR's in the game too race on that track.

Back