Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Fuji news piece. 3

"The myth-making of Japanese racing began at Fuji in the early spring of ’69 with the JAF Grand Prix; the race that was won by a car dubbed the ‘Hakosuka’ Skyline—you know it as the Skyline GT-R, the granddaddy of the GT-Rs you’ll soon be racing in Project CARS 2."

fuji11_orig.jpg

"The Fairlady was Nissan’s signature car when it debuted in ’69 and you’ll be getting your hands on the 1973 version in Project CARS 2, the race spec’ 240ZG GTS-II."

I like the way they tease a new car in that article. :D

"The myth-making of Japanese racing began at Fuji in the early spring of ’69 with the JAF Grand Prix; the race that was won by a car dubbed the ‘Hakosuka’ Skyline—you know it as the Skyline GT-R, the granddaddy of the GT-Rs you’ll soon be racing in Project CARS 2."

fuji11_orig.jpg

"The Fairlady was Nissan’s signature car when it debuted in ’69 and you’ll be getting your hands on the 1973 version in Project CARS 2, the race spec’ 240ZG GTS-II."

Looks like the same one from the placeholder intro too.

fuji11_orig.jpg

Are these ingame screen shots or just photoshop filter?

Are these ingame screen shots or just photoshop filter?

It's an ingame screenshot.

SMS/WMD don't photoshop those promo screenshots.
They also didn't do this when promoting PCARS 1 either although many people thought they did because they had issues recreating the correct lighting conditions.

It's an ingame screenshot.

SMS/WMD don't photoshop those promo screenshots.
They also didn't do this when promoting PCARS 1 either although many people thought they did because they had issues recreating the correct lighting conditions.
yes but they have some real life historic photos in there as well so was not sure.

That's a third livery we've seen. In the video, there is a red white & blue Nissan livery and a green version of that livery.

I wonder if all cars will have equal amounts of livery. The Back MONO has 45 and the McLaren 12C GT3 only 4.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-ultimate-livery-guide-updated-5-14-16.343066/

the small amount was forced by McLaren license. They didn't want fantasy liveries. And there are more examples, e.g. ToyotaTS040, Bentley cars , etc

A simple livery creator for console players would be extremely welcome, With that and a career mode like PCars1 I would never stop playing. That would be the best racing game in history.

Makes sense.

Well, the Bathurst winning STIX livery would be welcome. ;)

there are more stages that could cause problems.
eg. car manufacturer license -> team license ->parter/sponsor license -> parts manufacturers
If a manufacturer restricts to do only real live licenses, that does not imply you can create every liveries that RL teams made. So you'll also have to get the license by the team. And then after all, it is possible that some partners of the team do not allow their stickers.
It's a hard business to get all together.

You really think you get an answer with that intro? :)

Perhaps you shouldn't have made so many promises you couldn't keep if you can't handle a simple truth :)

But hey, if you're really that childish about it, I don't need an answer, I'll just buy a GT instead.

Perhaps you shouldn't have made so many promises you couldn't keep if you can't handle a simple truth :)

But hey, if you're really that childish about it, I don't need an answer, I'll just buy a GT instead.

Let's say you sit in a bar with the CEO of a well known carmaker and you open the conversation with 'your last model was complete crap and it didn't live up to my expectations, what can you'll tell me about the new model, to make me consider buying it?'. Do you honestly think he will even address you? And then throw a fit if he doesn't? I don't think so. An echo always sounds like yourself.

Hahahaha Since the last GT game, you're going to have at least 2 Project CARS games. Each won't have boring AI, time change, weather change, an exciting career and, you know, a game.

Plus, track builder? That was promised to be in game from day 1 and wasn't.

Hahahaha Since the last GT game, you're going to have at least 2 Project CARS games. Each won't have boring AI, time change, weather change, an exciting career and, you know, a game.

Plus, track builder? That was promised to be in game from day 1 and wasn't.
It's like telling a fine woman, "I saw you last week with your hair out of place and your makeup wasn't that great, but give me your number & address to come on over."

*after getting rejected*: "I didn't like you any old way. I'm gonna see what my ex is doing."

a42.png

Face it pal, Kaz and PD have made more broken promises than I care to even remember, The sheer fact that Sony still want them to make GT games is frankly baffling, Since GT4 PD have released 2 unfinished games and still didn't fix half the problems in them AND THEY DO "MICROTRANSACTIONS".

GT was a good franchise up until about 12 years ago, Project Cars is the new king of racing games, SMS took what made TOCA 3 great and made it better.

Face it pal, Kaz and PD have made more broken promises than I care to even remember, The sheer fact that Sony still want them to make GT games is frankly baffling, Since GT4 PD have released 2 unfinished games and still didn't fix half the problems in them AND THEY DO "MICROTRANSACTIONS".

GT was a good franchise up until about 12 years ago, Project Cars is the new king of racing games, SMS took what made TOCA 3 great and made it better.

100% agreed. And upcoming GT Sport doesn't promises to be any better.

100% agreed. And upcoming GT Sport doesn't promises to be any better.

My sentiments exactly, Yes a livery creator finally it only took PD how many years :lol:, If anything from what I have seen of GT:S so far I'm of the opinion that PCars1 would still be a better game overall.

Let's say you sit in a bar with the CEO of a well known carmaker and you open the conversation with 'your last model was complete crap and it didn't live up to my expectations, what can you'll tell me about the new model, to make me consider buying it?'. Do you honestly think he will even address you? And then throw a fit if he doesn't? I don't think so. An echo always sounds like yourself.
Never admitting you did something wrong is just as bad. Your hypothetical conversation sounds realistic to me. If a car maker did something wrong, they should be actively looking for reasons why and trying to improve instead of ignoring their criticisms. That's how you learn from mistakes so you don't do them again.

Never admitting you did something wrong is just as bad. Your hypothetical conversation sounds realistic to me. If a car maker did something wrong, they should be actively looking for reasons why and trying to improve instead of ignoring their criticisms. That's how you learn from mistakes so you don't do them again.

Are you implying that Ian has never talked about missteps you are DEAD WRONG you need to read more he has been very open in his comments

Back