Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
The sticking issue has been fixed just a few months ago, after that WMD member wrote his post.
That post dates from two months ago. Very strange then that Ian says it's been fixed from day one.
Not trying to hate here, but I can't help pointing inconsistencies out when I think there are some.

That post dates from two months ago. Very strange then that Ian says it's been fixed from day one.
Maybe we are all interpreting the way he said it, the wrong way.
He was aiming those guys who were unhappy of that particular issue in Project CARS, so by saying it's fixed from day one, it basically means that when you buy the game, that's not there anymore.

And some current circuits.

Like the Nordschleife, which means the carousel should be better now. I remember it being so bumpy that cars would spin losing traction there. That's not more realistic than what GT6 had is it? I mean GT6 was bad in many ways but I'm just used to the carousel being smoother than PCar's version. Assetto Corsa is a bit better but different in it's own way.

He was aiming those guys who were unhappy of that particular issue in Project CARS, so by saying it's fixed from day one, it basically means that when you buy the game, that's not there anymore.
That's the point he's making there. At first, I thought the way he did then he said about fixing things in November.

Like the Nordschleife, which means the carousel should be better now. I remember it being so bumpy that cars would spin losing traction there. That's not more realistic than what GT6 had is it? I mean GT6 was bad in many ways but I'm just used to the carousel being smoother than PCar's version. Assetto Corsa is a bit better but different in it's own way.
After driving round AC's Nords I noticed a huge bump in the road at the right-hander just before the long straight in pCARS which often gives me a huge moment of unsettling the car. I assume AC is more accurate so I hope to see that bump lessened in pCARS 2.

There is a video posted on PC gamer of a PC2 presentation that shows a slide of older type (late 90s or 00s) indycars on an oval anyone know about this?
I've done a bit of research and it's 2011 at Kentucky, not an in-game shot but a photo: https://motorsportswelcome.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/indycar-pack-kentucky.jpg?w=584

It's nice to see Indycar being considered as a new motorsport for PCARS2, maybe that means we'll see more from the license than the single 2012 car in a 2016 livery.

I think Andy Tudor is a good salesman.

Imagine a game that has every major North American and European track used in the major racing series around the world so YOU too can recreate a full season. Every F1 track (might have issues with Codemasters), every WEC, Blancpain, and IMSA/Continental/PWC track. That would be a complete track list.

Imagine a game that has every major North American and European track used in the major racing series around the world so YOU too can recreate a full season. Every F1 track (might have issues with Codemasters), every WEC, Blancpain, and IMSA/Continental/PWC track. That would be a complete track list.
I'd say NASCAR and IndyCar circuits would be pretty major too. Extend that to Asia and I love it.

Although as we can imagine, why not every single circuit that exists?

Didn't list them but they'd be included under "every major North American..." I assume.

Edit: If anything I forgot Australian V8 tracks and SuperGT tracks.

Last edited:
I'd love another game based around GT racing like GTR1/2. Looks like PCars2 will satisfy that craving compared to what everyone else is doing.

I would absolutely love to see SMS do a "reimagining" of GT Legends. Imagine those 60's and 70's GT cars with a dedicated career mode starting with Mini's and working up to the Ford GT40 and Porsche's and Ferraris with the Mustangs and Corvettes and Lotus Cortinas, etc. in the middle tiers all on the physics and tire and Livetrack models that Project CARS 2 will offer.......

I would even suggest that it could be done as an add on feature/expansion for $30 - $40. I would be all over it!!!

It's also good were getting more Italian and Japanese manufactured cars. Hope we can add cars to the normal Practice Mode, without having to go into Solo Mode. Makes simulating a "track day" feel real. I'll ask the question.

Back