Project Cars 2 New SeriesPS4 

• Thread starter Ryan Wall
  • 1 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
WalleyUK
This post is just to gauge interest in a league.

This series would be run on a Monday night from 7pm GMT to 10pm GMT. Every 1-2 weeks. What I would like to do is instead of just running one race there would be multiple races over the course of 3 hours. These races would be sprint races. All rules that are going to be set go for every different race. So same points, same qualifying time. The only change will be the amount of laps. The idea of this is to make it seem more of an event with support races. Now depending on the amount of interest I would like people to do some timed laps just to gauge how fast you are, I don’t think anyone wants to go in a race to be sat miles at the back. Obviously I’d like to get everyone in what series they would actually like to race in but I don’t want people that are 10 seconds faster a lap going into less experienced groups. I would like at least 10 people per series but obviously getting a full grid would be nice.

Obviously as this is working to a fairly tight schedule, people would need to be ready at the right time if you can’t make it then send me a message just to let me know. Reserve drivers would take your place if available.

Everyone needs to do timed laps in each class of car.
Set your settings to the 1st of June in summer at 12:00pm with clear weather. Make sure it is in race mode and not practice mode. 5 laps of Brands Hatch GP just to see what your times are consistently.
When using the GT4 and GT3 class please use the Aston Martin GT4 and Aston Martin GT3 so everyone has used the same car.
These are the settings to make it clearer

0475747B-09E9-4583-8931-3FA6EDCB1316.jpeg

Dates

This will be a 7 round series. Race dates are as follows. This could change.
22nd April - Donington Park National (FR)
22nd April - Donington Park GP
29th April - Silverstone National
6th May - Monza GP
20th May - Brands Hatch Indy (FR)
20th May - Brands Hatch GP
27th May - Oulton Park Fosters (FR)
27th May - Oulton Park Island (Radicals)
27th May - Oulton Park International (GT)
3rd June - Hockenheim Short (FR)
3rd June - Hockenheim National (Radicals)
3rd June - Hockenheim GP (GT)
10th June - Red Bull Ring National (FR)
10th June - Red Bull Ring GP

Rules
All races wil be held on the same track over the course of the night. Clean racing is obviously what everyone wants, racing incedents do happen so if anyone does think that they were pushed off the track and it was done purposely then points deductions and if the same driver repeats these actions banned from the next race.
Defending your line is allowed but don’t swerve all over the track if you’re going to go defensive take the line early providing it is safe to do so and keep your line, do not swerve back across the track. Everyone needs to make sure they are recording otherwise incedents might not be seen.

Now penalties in game will not be on as they can be very harsh but please do not be cutting corners to gain advantages otherwise they will be turned on.

Tuning
Now I know some people love to tweak their cars but just to keep it fair I would prefer everyone to be running stock setups.

Damage
Full Damage.

Fuel/Tyre Wear
This will be off as they are sprint races there isn’t really any need for them to be on.

Weather/Time
Weather will be as is on the actual circuit at that time.
The time will be changed for each race. First race starting at 11am, second race set at 1pm and the third race set at 3pm.

The points go as follows, this is the same for every series so every driver gets at least a point
1st - 25 Points
2nd - 22 Points
3rd - 20 Points
4th - 18 Points
5th - 15 Points
6th - 12 Points
7th - 10 Points
8th - 9 Points
9th - 8 Points
10th - 7 Points
11th - 6 Points
12th - 5 Points
13th - 4 Points
14th - 3 Points
15th - 2 Points
16th - 1 Point

Another feature is if you win your series you will be moved up to the next step so if you’re in Formula Rookie you would be moved up to Radicals, if you win in Radicals then you would move into GT4 and so on. If however you finish bottom then you would move down.

Cars

Formula Rookie

Radical SR3-RS

GT4
Aston Martin Vantage
BMW M3
Ford Mustang Boss
Ginetta G55
KTM X-Bow
Porsche Cayman
Toyota GT-86

GT3
Acura NSX
Aston Martin Vantage
Audi R8 LMS (Not Endurance)
2016 Bentley Continental (Not Endurance)
BMW M6
Cadillac ATS-V.R
Ferrari 488
McLaren 650S
Mercedes AMG GT
Nissan Nismo GT-R
Porsche 911 (Not Endurance)
Lamborghini Huracan

Formula Rookie
The first race of the night would be a Formula Rookie series. This would be for relatively new players to Project Cars 2 and for people who aren’t as confident driving more powerful cars.

Practice
Practice would start at 7pm for Formula Rookie and last 20 minutes. You can practice more in your own time if you would like.

Qualifying
Qualifying would then begin for 10 minutes.

Race
Race will begin at apparoximately 7:35pm and last for 20 minutes.

Radical SR3-RS
For the second race of the night a slight increase in power would be the Radicals.

Practice
Practice would begin at 8pm and last 20 minutes. Again more practice in your free time if you would like.

Qualifying
Qualifying would last 10 minutes starting straight after practice.

Race
Again this would start at 8:35pm and last for 20 minutes.

British GT
Now for the final race of the evening will be a British GT style event, with GT3 and GT4 cars racing at the same time.
8 drivers per class would be the perfect balance.
This however could change.

Practice
This will last 10 minutes but again practice in your own time.

Qualifying
This will last 20 minutes, 10 minutes for GT3 and 10 Minutes for GT4 so everyone can get a clean lap without the track being to crowded.

Race

The race will last 30 minutes starting at around 9:35pm, now at some point in the race GT3 drivers might catch the slower GT4’s so GT4 drivers will need to move over and let the faster cars through but keep in mind GT3 drivers that the GT4 drivers are in just as much of a race as you and you can’t expect them to just move over anywhere on the track. It has to be safe to do so. Patience will be needed I also think this will spice things up.
Rolling start will also be how the race gets underway with the GT3’s making a slight gap to the GT4 cars going, there wil also be a formation lap.

So if you are interested please comment your PSN and post me your times to WalleyUK or post them here.

Last edited:
Back