Project CARS 3 Car List

Looks like they removed Formula A (F1) , and kept the garbage Formula X.

Wonder if they removed the F1 car to not interfere with Codemasters?

OP updated.

Looks like they removed Formula A (F1) , and kept the garbage Formula X.

Wonder if they removed the F1 car to not interfere with Codemasters?
I enjoy driving both cars in PCARS2. Would rather they actually kept the Formula A. Then again, they wanted to do the same for PCARS2.

As somebody that didn’t play 1 or 2, everything is “new” to me, but for my own reference, what cars from the list are new to the series? (tracks too)

@ManteoMax has great spreadsheets for Forza but that’s his main brand I am unaware of equivalents for other series.

[edit: Disregard, there’s a *NEW designator in the OP]

If this had the road car selection like say forza i`d be getting it no question, but there`s only about 2 cars i actually want to drive in that car list....wonder who actually chooses the cars for car games... :)

They need the forza guys then..they have the best cars in their games, i bought the xbox consoles just to be able to drive the cars the forza games have....... :) :)

They need the forza guys then..they have the best cars in their games, i bought the xbox consoles just to be able to drive the cars the forza games have....... :) :)
When you have "Microsoft money" you can get way more than a third party developer. :sly:

200+ cars is still (to my knowledge) the highest car count outside of Forza/GT, so Project CARS 3 has done really well in that regard. It's just that some players are so used to 500+ :lol:

When you have "Microsoft money" you can get way more than a third party developer. :sly:

200+ cars is still (to my knowledge) the highest car count outside of Forza/GT, so Project CARS 3 has done really well in that regard. It's just that some players are so used to 500+ :lol:
Yes the car count is great, its the cars, shame none of em do anything for me....only the sierra cosworth and one of the mitsubishi evos are what i`d use......

To be honest I preffered Project Cars 2 carlist with better class segregation than Forza's 7 all in one bag.

Yes - the Forza and Gran Turismo lists although great read like random picks - the PC2 list looked strategically developed and with a few tweaks could have been great. This new list is mostly copied from PC2 and although there are a few good additions there are also a lot of missed opportunities in terms of developing the classes strategically to enable actual motorsport simulations - but then again they have messed up the classes so that doesn't matter any more.

Some classes were so close to being great and were already better than other games, but with this new mishmash approach that is all out of the window.

Yes - the Forza and Gran Turismo lists although great read like random picks - the PC2 list looked strategically developed and with a few tweaks could have been great.
The only cars that have the appearance of being random in GT/Forza in my opinion are ones evidently requested by the marketing departments of the manufacturers. New cars that aren't all that exciting, haven't generated a lot of buzz with enthusiasts, and haven't been around long enough to gain a following.

Most everything else is chosen for a reason. That reason might not be to strategically develop competitive classes or groupings of cars for racing, but the games are driving simulators foremost. It's about simulating a ride in your favorite car, whatever it could be. As I like to say, every car in a GT/Forza game is someone's favorite car, maybe the one they have in their driveway. :)

GT/Forza cast a bigger and more successful net for favorite cars than PCARS, which has glaring gaps in that respect. It's what makes it disappointing for individuals like @imported_rik19 and myself, who find ourselves with a limited number of cars that really capture our interest even if the roster has been strategically picked for well-rounded classes.

You see my signature -- I'm not super thrilled to have only a couple Lancer Evos for my 4-cyl turbo AWD fix. They're alright but they're not my favorite.

Forza and GT might have the cars but don't always give them events that make the most of them imo.
Sadly not sure this PC is even gonna get that right for it's selection, at least for the career.
Thankfully custom races have improved in recent years.

Would had loved to this the Shelby Cobra coupe. Such a historic car.
227120-car-Shelby_Cobra_Daytona-748x421.jpg

Also surprise not to see the S7 Would had been a perfect game for it.
1468515867-saleens7front.jpg

DLC? I'm hopeful but for some reason sms doesn't release dlc cars outside the brands already in the game.

As somebody that didn’t play 1 or 2, everything is “new” to me, but for my own reference, what cars from the list are new to the series? (tracks too)

@ManteoMax has great spreadsheets for Forza but that’s his main brand I am unaware of equivalents for other series.

[edit: Disregard, there’s a *NEW designator in the OP]

I might be moved to add a franchise-to-franchise checklist column as I'm building the spreadsheet for the next Forza Motorsport, but I'll probably have to rely on threads like this for the full rosters of other games.

Most everything else is chosen for a reason. That reason might not be to strategically develop competitive classes or groupings of cars for racing, but the games are driving simulators foremost.

Yes - I don't play Forza, but with GT/GTS I've always had the feeling that the historic content was intended for collecting and not much else - to me that is a great shame and a missed opportunity.

It was refreshing to get PC1 and 2 and have a game where thought had obviously gone into building the car list to enable great racing to take place.

I might be moved to add a franchise-to-franchise checklist column as I'm building the spreadsheet for the next Forza Motorsport, but I'll probably have to rely on threads like this for the full rosters of other games.
It seems @Milouse doesn't do this series either, otherwise I'd have recommended his site :)

I skipped on this one when i saw on the first game that all the cars were available on game start, without any collection/ownership logic.
Understandable, since your site is more for collectors.

Looks like Project CARS 3 is more like Forza in that you have your own garage, but can access all cars in Free Play.

Yes - the Forza and Gran Turismo lists although great read like random picks - the PC2 list looked strategically developed and with a few tweaks could have been great. This new list is mostly copied from PC2 and although there are a few good additions there are also a lot of missed opportunities in terms of developing the classes strategically to enable actual motorsport simulations - but then again they have messed up the classes so that doesn't matter any more.

Some classes were so close to being great and were already better than other games, but with this new mishmash approach that is all out of the window.
I completely agree. A regional Formula 3 car like the Tatuus T-318 or the new Dallara F3-20 would be a good idea for modern regional Formula 3. A Formula 4 car would quite nicely create a modern version of the ladder whilst also keeping the Formula Rookie which is both fun to drive and replicates the club racing scene.

Keeping on the ladder point, a Truck and Xfinity car would create the beginnings of the NASCAR ladder.

Even looking at current classes. GT4 was fleshed out slightly in PCARS3 but the BMW and Aston Martin could be updated as well as a real Ford Mustang GT4. Mercedes and Audi would be good additions to that class seeing as they have a few cars in this series.

LMP2 could have been fleshed out with an Oreca and a Dallara as well as updating the Ligier to post-2017 LMP2 regulations and models.

Touring Car/TCR is a main point for me. The Audi RS3 has been in games already as has the Volkswagen Golf. An FK8 Honda would be nice as well. SEAT and Alfa Romeo would be nice as well.

Even with the very classic cars. A Lotus Cortina and a Mini would be great. On the Open Wheel side, they said they had a good relationship with Mclaren but didn't have any of their F1 cars which have appeared in games recently such as Automobilista which has a Brabham BT44 alongside the 72E and the Mclaren M23.

Now the classes in this game look like a mess. When seeing the video, I see a Ferrari F355 Challenge and a Renault Group B car in the Group A tab. A NASCAR (which would be nice if it was updated) in with the GT4s and a V8 Supercar (which would be nice if it was updated) with the GT3s.

Back