Project CARS 3 Electric Pack DLC & Circuit Zandvoort Arrive May 4

Y'all quick!

Standby for another teaser tomorrow...
To be fair I had it half pre-written at the start of the week because I knew it would be April 29th - and I wrote both of the GTP articles on the PD18, so recognised the car instantly :lol: Nicely weird choice though :D

Surprised at the finality of it; I'd have thought there would be more to come, personally. Quite reminiscent of NFS Heat in that respect.

I personally hate this type of game model. One year support and than end of life. What Codenasters does. That’s the reason I like the first party racing games.
When I like a game, I want play it more years and see it get fresh over a longer time.
In this case PC3 only 8 months..

Last edited:
What about broken gamepad controls? When I saw the info I retested the game and it's pretty bad. Was thinking about PC version as it's on sale now but no way, it's probably the same. Sad...

I enjoyed using the Formula E at Long Beach. EVs are here and more coming. Might as well try all these high powered electric chairs.

May the electric fourthce be with you.

Last edited:
@Famine This line in the article reminded me of something I noticed last week:

"The update will also bring the full set of liveries for the 2020-2021 season of the Formula E World Championship, with both cars from all 12 teams available."

Every livery in the game at the moment is from last year except the Jaguar's which for some reason are both from the current season (subtle differences in the design and Bird's name on the side of the car rather than Calado/Blomqvist) :confused:.

Did they rewrite the post? I'm pretty sure it stated the track was Zandvoort and now I don't see anything about them saying full attention on PC4 or something to that effect

Did they rewrite the post? I'm pretty sure it stated the track was Zandvoort and now I don't see anything about them saying full attention on PC4 or something to that effect
It all looks the same to me as when it was posted yesterday.

Yeah, huge input lag is my problem. Interesting is no other current game has it the same.
It's also interesting that from a cursory look at this forum you're practically the only person talking about it.

I'm not trying to dismiss your concerns or anything, but if it was as "broken" as you say it was I'm sure @FernandoM76 would have been flooded with reports by now :)

I personally hate this type of game model. One year support and than end of life. What Codenasters does. That’s the reason I like the first party racing games.

When I like a game, I want play it more years and see it get fresh over a longer time.
In this case PC3 only 8 months..

Depending on the game I too like multi-year service, or at the very least for a game's "final update" to ensure that the community can take things into their own hands (by having enough content/features) if they want to keep playing.

Regarding Codemasters: F1 is an annual release so there's no getting away from that. On the DiRT side though DiRT Rally 2.0 was still getting updates about 2 years after launch and I'm sure DIRT 5 has plenty more things to come too.

At some point though it makes sense (both in terms of resources and financials) to sunset a title and move all the development staff over to upcoming projects, and given we're at the start of a new console generation I'm looking forward to what teams do with the new hardware. I'm not speaking specifically about Project CARS 3 here though, just talking in general terms.

Last edited:

It all looks the same to me as when it was posted yesterday.

This is correct. Besides a typo I spotted after publishing, the blog text in the blog post remains the same - nothing changed.

It's also interesting that from a cursory look at this forum you're practically the only person talking about it.

I'm not trying to dismiss your concerns or anything, but if it was as "broken" as you say it was I'm sure @FernandoM76 would have been flooded with reports by now :)

I've been logging and submitting bug reports and improvement suggestions every week since release, and this is the first time anyone has had anything negative to say about control feedback on a gamepad.

Not to say it isn't happening, but seems likely to be a local thing rather than a widespread issue :)

Achievements have been updated and hint at some cool stuff coming next week

rsz_1untitled.jpg

Personally i've enjoyed this game and the new content added since launch, logging on each day and trying to hit platinum in the rivals events is one of the best parts of it but the career mode was also varied and fun, imo

Interesting Cars.

Whilst I must admit I was hoping for more everyday road stuff like a Tesla or the Jag I-Pace.. These should be fun (and maybe Scary) to drive ;D

Achievements have been updated and hint at some cool stuff coming next week

View attachment 1007784

Personally i've enjoyed this game and the new content added since launch, logging on each day and trying to hit platinum in the rivals events is one of the best parts of it but the career mode was also varied and fun, imo
High downforce cars are a lot of fun to drive in this game so that Volkswagen should be a treat.

I wonder what Class it’ll go in though. GT Open is all upgradeable and it’s not a Prototype either. Maybe a new Class just for this car.

Last edited:
Last update, that sound like good news to me. It could mean that SMS will now concentrate on a worthy successor to PC2, a step forward from that great SIM instead of the few step backward that PC3 is or are those side steps.
Hopefully SMS will see how very few are still bothering playing PC3, as per steam stats, much less that a still fair number of players still enjoying PC2.
Lets learn from the mistake that PC3 is, no shame in mistakes when you learn from them and bounce back with a glorious successor to PC2.:cheers:

Get a spade and bury it.
Maybe they are able to fix it.

When I started to play PC3 I wasn't sure what is wrong. But now I have six months in sim racing and play every day. If another game is broken I would know it, I guess. I play every possible game because I like to switch it. What I can agree on, many people can't use gamepad properly. Check the youbute settings for gamepads, it's mostly garbage. PC3 is clearly broken as a simcade/sim game. Nobody would care about it in NFS because it doesn't have any physics. But PC3 still has great physics and you need to be precise with your input.

I've been logging and submitting bug reports and improvement suggestions every week since release, and this is the first time anyone has had anything negative to say about control feedback on a gamepad.

Not to say it isn't happening, but seems likely to be a local thing rather than a widespread issue :)
Yeah, normal thing is to test it because it's pretty clear and easy. If SMS then tell it's broken but they don't care I am OK with it. They destroyed many other things with PC3 than gamepad controls. But if there is a chance I can play different PC2 I would like to. PC1 and PC2 are still among the best racing games for me. So many good things there.

Maybe they are able to fix it.

When I started to play PC3 I wasn't sure what is wrong. But now I have six months in sim racing and play every day. If another game is broken I would know it, I guess. I play every possible game because I like to switch it. What I can agree on, many people can't use gamepad properly. Check the youbute settings for gamepads, it's mostly garbage. PC3 is clearly broken as a simcade/sim game. Nobody would care about it in NFS because it doesn't have any physics. But PC3 still has great physics and you need to be precise with your input.

Yeah, normal thing is to test it because it's pretty clear and easy. If SMS then tell it's broken but they don't care I am OK with it. They destroyed many other things with PC3 than gamepad controls. But if there is a chance I can play different PC2 I would like to. PC1 and PC2 are still among the best racing games for me. So many good things there.
I can't spot what any of this has to do with the Electric Pack DLC and Zandvoort.

Try this thread for general PC3 discussion: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ad-out-august-28th-2020-on-xb1-ps4-pc.383864/

Try this thread for general PC3 discussion
No don't do that! Oh too late. :)

@Famine Have you figured out the original cryptic place markers in relation to what's now known?
  • Power Trip – Win a 3+ Lap race around DG in the AEW
  • Harnessing Energy – Apply a Electric Pack pattern to your car
  • Dressing Gown Pro – Master The Dressing Gown
  • Can’t Touch This – Upgrade the Nips to its max PIR
  • Just Electric – Complete 10 races using the duvet 3000
  • Fully Charged – Complete all objectives in the Electric Pack Career Events
There's a couple of maybes, but generally it's still all a bit vague to me.

Last edited:
@Famine Have you figured out the original cryptic place markers in relation to what's now known?
  • Power Trip – Win a 3+ Lap race around Zandvoort National in the Audi AI:RACE
  • Harnessing Energy – Apply a Electric Pack pattern to your car
  • Zandvoort Pro – Master Zandvoort Grand Prix
  • Can’t Touch This – Upgrade the NIO EP9 to its max PIR
  • Just Electric – Complete 10 races using the Volkswagen ID.R
  • Fully Charged – Complete all objectives in the Electric Pack Career Events
There's a couple of maybes, but generally it's still all a bit vague to me.
Fixed for you :D

There's a fourth car yet to be revealed too.

Back