Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Looked at new challenges. Weekly and monthly ones look promising with Formula cars!
I really hope the game will keep at least a thousand active players in rivals/multiplayer.
photo_2020-09-01_13-58-43.jpg

Well to be fair I'm not excited to drive any combo for a month. After I set a decent lap time I never come back.
The previous one (Acura at Jerez) I enjoyed a lot, so if it stayed for a month I'd definitely try to update my time a few times. We'll see, maybe I'll come around to it and like this one in the end.

Yet your claim is demonstrably not true, put all the aids on ACC and it’s the same as the real car, as it offers no aids other than those the actual car has. That doesn’t become arcade, your words, so no I’m not putting words in your mouth.

You are wrong. In ACC Stability control Aid, automatic gears up and down, race lines, damage off, tyre wear off and fuel consumption off are not aids in real gt3 cars.

You can also tweak IA difficulty in order to make it more arcade.

You can even drive in unreal camera positions !

You can turn on those aids and ACC become an arcade game where you can smash and crash without damage.

And you can play with a controller with their tweaks and smoothing fake control.

Last edited:
You are wrong. In ACC Stability control Aid, automatic gears up and down, race lines, damage off, tyre wear off and fuel consumption off are not aids in real gt3 cars.

You can turn on those aids and ACC become an arcade game where you can smash and crash without damage.

And you can play with a controller with their tweaks and smoothing fake control.

:lol: Oh wow
Sorry, I can’t take someone who says that you can acc into Arcade seriously anymore. Don’t worry, I won’t ever argue with you again about sim vs arcade

Anyone else having issues with the Capitolio Passion Hot Lap in Road A?

I’ve tried multiple times (with different cars), but the instant I go past the start/finish line, my lap is invalidated.

:lol: Oh wow
Sorry, I can’t take someone who says that you can acc into Arcade seriously anymore. Don’t worry, I won’t ever argue with you again about sim vs arcade

It's so sim smashing rivals in the first turn without any damage and driving over the roof... and with colour lines over the tarmac.

ACC is the best racing sim in my opinion but you can drive it in an arcade way.

You’re reaching and it’s coming across as rather desperate.

None of those are on a par with the steering and brake assists that are in PC3, or for that matter the input smoothing that can’t be switched off at all.

Not to mention that we were talking about handling and driving physics, and you threw your toys out of the pram at any wider discussion, now your not just moving the goalposts again, but building a new ****ing stadium.

You’re reaching and it’s coming across as rather desperate.

None of those are on a par with the steering and brake assists that are in PC3, or for that matter the input smoothing that can’t be switched off at all.

Not to mention that we were talking about handling and driving physics, and you threw your toys out of the pram at any wider discussion, now your not just moving the goalposts again, but building a new ****ing stadium.

You are lost in rigid thinking. I've never said that they are on a par when aids are on.

Stability control has to do with handling.

Last edited:
Did you actually read the post from notsofast?
The reply to your question is there.

No it isn't. I see someone complaining about the graphics and comparing it to a PS2 game which I feel is a slight exaggeration and hasnt back it uo with any visual reference?

Again, bugs vs personal perception are distinctly different. His personal perception is that it can look like a PS2 game and has recycled content from the previous game. Well I'm sorry but my personal perception on the first point is vastly different and on the 2nd point, find me a sequel to any racing game that doesn't have some sort of recycled content in it.

You are lost in rigid thinking. I've never said that they are on a par.

Stability control has to do with handling.
No, you were not specific in what you said, you made a broad and sweeping statement and are now moving goalposts to try and barrow it down.

You are not honest in the manner in which you approach discussion, you never support your claims (which have a track record of absurdity) and clearly have no intention of doing so.

As such your signal to noise ratio is way off into the noise side.

Come back and let me know when all the GT3 drivers switch over to PC3 from ACC!

Last edited:
No, you were not specific in what you said, you made a broad and sweeping statement and are now moving goalposts to try and barrow it down.

You are not honest in the manner in which you approach discussion, you never support your claims (which have a track record of absurdity) and clearly have no intention of doing so.

As such your signal to noise ratio is way off into the noise side.

You are wrong again, I always was specific : you can drive pcars3 with the same references, handling, balance issues over the curvs and when you make little mistakes, and same driving techniques than in ACC in Barcelone with a GT3 driving clean at least on a 1'45.6 pace in both games.

I've repeated this many times so I'm honest.

Absurdity is trying to show all wrong with rigid thinking, putting words i've never said and saying that ACC has only real aids.

ACC is the best racing simulator in my opinion.

The best is not the only, you claim only rigid thinking as "come back when pro drivers..."

Scaff said that my list haven’t to do with handling... (Stability control in it) So yes, a big wow for him.

Last edited:
You are wrong again, I always was specific : you can drive pcars3 with the same references, handling, balance issues over the curvs and when you make little mistakes, and same driving techniques than in ACC in Barcelone with a GT3 driving clean at least on a 1'45.6 pace in both games.

I've repeated this many times so I'm honest.

Absurdity is trying to show all wrong with rigid thinking, putting words i've never said and saying that ACC has only real aids.

ACC is the best racing simulator in my opinion.

The best is not the only, you claim only rigid thinking as "come back when pro drivers..."
This....

You can turn on all assists and aids in every sim and it goes like an arcade as well.

...is not specific, nor is it even true.

Define assists, define sim, define arcade, account for the different options and how they are implemented.

Once done get them universally agreed, then you will be being as specific as you claim to be.

You are talking in vague generalities and not supporting the claims you make, you then have the nerve to complain when people correct or disagree with you.

You are now attempting to infer that I’m saying ACC is the only sim, I mean where the hell did you pull that from?

Let me be clear, I actually like PC3, but in terms of driving simulation it is not on par with AC, ACC or even the last two titles in the PC series. That is demonstrably true, I’ve already explained why. For some unknown reason, something that is pretty much universally agreed, even among those who like the title, has you worked up, to the point I’m now living rent free in your head (and I have no desire to take up residence).

I don’t know if English is your second language, but what you think is clear and specific, most certainly isn’t.

This....

You can turn on all assists and aids in every sim and it goes like an arcade as well.

...is not specific, nor is it even true.

Define assists, define sim, define arcade, account for the different options and how they are implemented.

Once done get them universally agreed, then you will be being as specific as you claim to be.

You are talking in vague generalities and not supporting the claims you make, you then have the nerve to complain when people correct or disagree with you.

I don’t know if English is your second language, but what you think is clear and specific, most certainly isn’t.

Smashing cars without damage and stability control aid in a gt3 car are arcade in my opinion.

"Like an arcade when turning on all aids" you don't understand that ? Have I to say 87% arcade or 93%arcade in order to be validated as an opinion ?

Last edited:
Speaking of assists, has anyone got a rough list of which race cars have certain assists in real life?

There's no "authentic" preset in the game so we'd have to do it manually, but I presume some of the GT3 cars would use TCS while the GTEs don't.

--

Another question, does anyone have a list of each track and its length? I'm building something for a club and I don't see track lengths in-game.

--

Smashing cars without damage and stability control aid in a gt3 car are arcade in my opinion.

A game being released in the arcades is "arcade" in my opinion, but the whole "simcade" :yuck: thing in this genre's a semantics argument anyways, based on peoples fuzzy definitions of what a simulator should be.

Then every title is in reality an arcade title, hence the reason you are in reality talking in the most broad and pointless generalisations.

If you actually think that switching damage off and stability on in ACC makes it arcade, then you are the one with the issue.

Then every title is in reality an arcade title, hence the reason you are in reality talking in the most broad and pointless generalisations.

If you actually think that switching damage off and stability on in ACC makes it arcade, then you are the one with the issue.

And stability control aid, and the others of my specific list.

Every sim that I know have arcade aids and then you can drive it like an arcade.

Driving at Barcelone in a GT3 in PCARS 3 as in ACC at 1'45.6 pace in both is not pointless in my opinion. The driving skills and driving techniques are the same (or really really close) after tested it.

Last edited:
Just finished playing the game for over 4 hours got to level 46, bought a few new cars and upgraded them and i'm overall enjoying my time with the game now. plus it looks better since reducing the resolution down to 1080p :)
Are you talking about just setting PS4 output to 1080p or switching the in game settings?

Another question, does anyone have a list of each track and its length? I'm building something for a club and I don't see track lengths in-game.

@Famine, I'm looking at your Ultimate Guide and I don't see distance lengths for the circuits, however I have found the ones from Project CARS 2.

https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-track-list/

Have you been able to figure out lengths for the new layouts in Project CARS 3 at all?

Speaking of assists, has anyone got a rough list of which race cars have certain assists in real life?

There's no "authentic" preset in the game so we'd have to do it manually, but I presume some of the GT3 cars would use TCS while the GTEs don't.

--

--

A game being released in the arcades is "arcade" in my opinion, but the whole "simcade" :yuck: thing in this genre's a semantics argument anyways, based on peoples fuzzy definitions of what a simulator should be.

GT3 and GT4 have ABS and TC as standard (well apart from the GT4 Maserati as they like to be odd), LMP1 have TC but no abs. GTE have TC but no ABS.

And stability control aid, and the others of my specific list.

Every sim that I know have arcade aids and then you can drive it like an arcade.
You mean stability control that’s a real thing and comes as standard in a good number of cars in PC3!

I honestly can’t take you seriously any longer, look you can think ACC, GTS and PC3 are on par with each other, that ACC can be made arcade and that GT6 corners as well as AC, I don’t give a toss, because you are quite frankly talking utter nonsense.

GT3 and GT4 have ABS and TC as standard (well apart from the GT4 Maserati as they like to be odd), LMP1 have TC but no abs. GTE have TC but no ABS.

You mean stability control that’s a real thing and comes as standard in a good number of cars in PC3!

I honestly can’t take you seriously any longer, look you can think ACC, GTS and PC3 are on par with each other, that ACC can be made arcade and that GT6 corners as well as AC, I don’t give a toss, because you are quite frankly talking utter nonsense.

Stability control aid in gt3 cars in ACC. Don't change my specific words.

Again I've never said on par (you insist on this again, that's rigid thinking). You are confused adding words I've never said.

Last edited:
Stability control aid in gt3 cars in ACC. Don't change my specific words.

Again I've never said on par (you insist on this every time, that's rigid thinking). You are confused adding words I've never said.
GT3 could be fitted with stability control, just because they don’t have it fitted, doesn’t make it arcade!

Im also not confused, I’m paraphrasing. You infer they are on a par, and have done so repeatedly, only to add more and more conditions to the parity when questioned.

If you don’t want it to happen, actually be specific, rather than talking in vague and/or general terms and then complaining when people challenge or question it!

Anyone else having issues with the Capitolio Passion Hot Lap in Road A?

I’ve tried multiple times (with different cars), but the instant I go past the start/finish line, my lap is invalidated.

Yes, you are not alone. Hopefully they will fix it at some point.

GT3 could be fitted with stability control, just because they don’t have it fitted, doesn’t make it arcade!

Im also not confused, I’m paraphrasing. You infer they are on a par, and have done so repeatedly, only to add more and more conditions to the parity when questioned.

If you don’t want it to happen, actually be specific, rather than talking in vague and/or general terms and then complaining when people challenge or question it!

And you can paint colour lines in the tarmac, and drive a gt3 with a controller, and crash everywhere with body protections, and drive over the hood fixing a chair...

If you are fool enough you can do all of that, that's your way of arguing ... you can put a rocket engine in a gt3 car if you want.

Stability control in gt3 cars, no damage, and rocket engine are arcade transformations. They are fake in gt3 cars not sim.

My conditions were always the same. 1'45.6 pace at barcelone gt3 car.

Back