Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
One route Codemasters could take is make Grid Autosport 2 (sim light) and Project Cars 4 (sim heavy). I agree that Grid has the better tuning scheme because is more approachable for casuals and you can see the results immediately. Also Grid has the best ambiance, after all, motorsport events are like a carnival.

Last edited:
Grid has the best ambiance, after all, motorsport events are like a carnival.
That's one thing that really stood out with GRID last year. The tracks feel alive as there's so much going on beyond the barriers, with big crowds, cheering, animated elements etc.

It's one thing many games fail to do correctly, and possibly contributes to why hardcore simulators feel sterile at times.

atbg5ZpCNkZQE4u9dbKA9S.jpg

One route Codemasters could take is make Grid Autosport 2 (sim light) and Project Cars 4 (sim heavy). I agree that Grid has the better tuning scheme because is more approachable for casuals and you can see the results immediately. Also Grid has the best ambiance, after all, motorsport events are like a carnival.
That is why i prefer Grids tuning options and menus. Some games use Nm and other Numbers. Eg Anti Roll Bars in Project Cars are Nm, Gran Turismo uses 1-8 and Grid has a simpler adjustable menu. If Grid had more real tracks and Nurburgring 24hr it would be a game i stick to but it does not. Not bothered about Circuit De Spa, Polyphony Digital have rights to that track for GT Sport and GT7, defo a FIA deal they have going. Tracks like Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Zolder and Imolia are much better circuits anyway so to Sonoma. All tracks that feature in all Project Cars games. Project Cars has the right idea, real tracks and real cars. Racing game, idea is real cars and real tracks.

What is your opinion on the game itself? I am thinking about picking it up for Series X to use with a controller.

Is the AI challenging or just a slow moving train of cars?
Its like the Great British Train called the Pacer. Has the ability to only naviagate in a straight line and flawed when it comes to a actual corner. Great fun though. Best way to define Project Cars 3 AI is the same as James May aka Captain Slow. No known sense of direction.

What is your opinion on the game itself? I am thinking about picking it up for Series X to use with a controller.

Is the AI challenging or just a slow moving train of cars?
F1 2020 is the only racing game I've ever played where I feel the AI is fun to battle against. They fight hard and fair.

Project CARS 3, I like it for what it is, but AI racing is not what I play it for. Instead, it's my "multiplayer racer" as I hang out in lobbies on Monday nights.

That's one thing that really stood out with GRID last year. The tracks feel alive as there's so much going on beyond the barriers, with big crowds, cheering, animated elements etc.

It's one thing many games fail to do correctly, and possibly contributes to why hardcore simulators feel sterile at times.

Thats true but this will be all in new games in next generation consoles. Only bad thing aboyt Grid is the Drive the Diatance of Earth and back. Thats to much. Think logically, got Grid, Project Cars, GT Sport, WRC, DIRT, DIRT Rally. Asking to drive that much distance is a big ask when most gamers will be playing multiple games. Consideration to change the huge distance Trophy to add only Trophys related to actual on the track racing?

Thats true but this will be all in new games in next generation consoles. Only bad thing aboyt Grid is the Drive the Diatance of Earth and back. Thats to much. Think logically, got Grid, Project Cars, GT Sport, WRC, DIRT, DIRT Rally. Asking to drive that much distance is a big ask when most gamers will be playing multiple games. Consideration to change the huge distance Trophy to add only Trophys related to actual on the track racing?
Once an Achievement is submitted to Valve/Microsoft/Sony and approved, we cannot change the requirements, only the triggers in the game.

That particular one was a pain to complete (I did it).

Guessing patch/dlc news is delayed til November? Steam got achievements added last month. :confused:

In order to QA a game on Steam, the content and achievements need to be added at that time, accessible to those with a Beta branch key. The location for those is the same as the retail game, so when you see new Achievements on Steam that normally means an update is being tested.

Consoles do this differently so that you don’t see any hints about the future until it becomes the present.

Last edited:
Once an Achievement is submitted to Valve/Microsoft/Sony and approved, we cannot change the requirements, only the triggers in the game.

That particular one was a pain to complete (I did it).

In order to QA a game on Steam, the content and achievements need to be added at that time, accessible to those with a Beta branch key. The location for those is the same as the retail game, so when you see new Achievements on Steam that normally means an update is being tested.

Consoles do this differently so that you don’t see any hints about the future until it becomes the present.
I may do it, one day. No rush lol. Saying that at least Grids Trophys do activate. Digital Versions of Project Cars 3 have a Trophy that wont unlock, the Platinum so i decided to skip one Trophy and wait for the update to fix it. Until then, its more play a different game everyday to keep occupied and entertained under these pathetic flu rules.

I'm waiting for that one to ping, I have 100% completion otherwise :ouch:
I would love it if there was a option to remove Trophys from accounts. Bus Simulator also has trophy issues. Yeah yeah, Bus Simulator, bet your laughing now but driving 21 foot long bendy busses is great fun, that is, when you can master Bus Simulators controls. They are a :banghead: to master lol

Are GT4 cars separate from FF and AWD cars?
No, FWD, RWD and AWD in gr4 race together. The Balance of Performance on the 4WD cars is awlful, FWD cars such as the RCZ have straight line speed and dominate leaderboards in GT Sport but in Project Cars 3 they have three pre set tunes or tune yourself so Project Cars 3 has a much better variety of cars. In all tiers of road and GT cars they all have FWD RWD AWD and you can tune FWD TCR Cars to be in GT A and GT Open

Last edited:
No, FWD, RWD and AWD in gr4 race together. The Balance of Performance on the 4WD cars is awlful, FWD cars such as the RCZ have straight line speed and dominate leaderboards in GT Sport but in Project Cars 3 they have three pre set tunes or tune yourself so Project Cars 3 has a much better variety of cars. In all tiers of road and GT cars they all have FWD RWD AWD and you can tune FWD TCR Cars to be in GT A and GT Open
FF only dominates certain tracks if there's no tyre wear in GT Sport, I do think the "BOP" in PC3 is better but I think there's not much difference in feel between the cars as if they all stem from a "base" car and then are tuned to give slight characteristics of an FF or RWD etc.

Not bothered about Circuit De Spa, Polyphony Digital have rights to that track for GT Sport and GT7, defo a FIA deal they have going.
Nope, its just the licence for Spa is expensive, it's licenced in a load of other titles, and as its releasing in AMS2 in December, so it's certainly not an exclusive deal that PD has (besides the FIA would have nothing to do with that, the FIA don't own Spa).

Last edited:
Nope, its just the licence for Spa is expensive, it's licenced in a load of other titles, and as its releasing in AMS2 in December, so it's certainly not an exclusive deal that PD has (besides the FIA would have nothing to do with that, the FIA don't own Spa).
Why is the license so expensive? All other tracks feature in alot of games. Zolder is better than Spa mostly due to Zolder not demanding expensive licenses.

Why is the license so expensive? All other tracks feature in alot of games. Zolder is better than Spa mostly due to Zolder not demanding expensive licenses.
Because they can is the simple answer, the same goes for Suzuka (which is why its never been in a Project Cars title), it's also why it took so long for Spa to come to GTS and why Scuderia Glickenhaus's cars are not in GTS.

I would also have to personally disagree that Zolder is a better track than Spa, but each to their own.

Last edited:

Do you actually think hard-core sim racers really care what happens beyond the track? Great there is a carnival going on,but racing on the track is garbage. Good point.

Because they can is the simple answer, the same goes for Suzuka (which is why its never been in a Project Cars title), it's also why it took so long for Spa to come to GTS and why Scuderia Glickenhaus's cars are not in GTS.

I would also have to personally disagree that Zolder is a better track than Spa, but each to their own.
The only reason i hate Spa is due to the way they want more money. They ask for more money for licensing as its called Greed. People who think they are better than others and want more money get no where in their later lifes. Until Spa actually become Humaine and develop feelings or moral sanity i have no interest in racing at Spa on any game. Its a racing track, see all other real world tracks feature in most racing games, both sim and arcade and Spa is rarely featured. Last time i played GT Sport and Spa was on i simply played another game. I also to hate Suzuka because people who demand more money etc are selfish and full of sin and greed. Spa and Suzuka, the real sinners and wicked of the the motorsport world.

Last edited:
The only reason i hate Spa is due to the way they want more money. They ask for more money for licensing as its called Greed. People who think they are better than others and want more money get no where in their later lifes. Until Spa actually become Humaine and develop feelings or moral sanity i have no interest in racing at Spa on any game. Its a racing track, see all other real world tracks feature in most racing games, both sim and arcade and Spa is rarely featured. Last time i played GT Sport and Spa was on i simply played another game. I also to hate Suzuka because people who demand more money etc are selfish and full of sin and greed. Spa and Suzuka, the real sinners and wicked of the the motorsport world.

They have a product that people want and are free to charge what they see as a fair price for it, people can then either do so or not, and I really don't think that either Spa or Suzuka are going to 'fail in later life' as a result of it! Do you honestly not think that these other tracks would do the same if they could?

Its a licence for a virtual race track, not essentials such as food, medical care, etc.

Oh and sin is an abstract concept created to keep people in line, and even if you believe in it, I don't think anyone is going to hell for the price of a race track licence.

They have a product that people want and are free to charge what they see as a fair price for it, people can then either do so or not, and I really don't think that either Spa or Suzuka are going to 'fail in later life' as a result of it! Do you honestly not think that these other tracks would do the same if they could?

Its a licence for a virtual race track, not essentials such as food, medical care, etc.

Oh and sin is an abstract concept created to keep people in line, and even if you believe in it, I don't think anyone is going to hell for the price of a race track licence.
Most of the World is in lockdown. People are loosing jobs. Companies are going bust and cant afford alot. The only loosers are Spa and Suzuka. Lockdown means no one can attend Motorsport events. Games fill the void. Spa and Suzuka come along and hold the World hostage to high fees to live their own lifes of luxury. They either keep their bad reputation or they find a way to activate the DNA in their brains that trigger feelings. If not, in the end Spa and Suzuka will be the sore loosers.

Most of the World is in lockdown. People are loosing jobs. Companies are going bust and cant afford alot. The only loosers are Spa and Suzuka. Lockdown means no one can attend Motorsport events. Games fill the void. Spa and Suzuka come along and hold the World hostage to high fees to live their own lifes of luxury. They either keep their bad reputation or they find a way to activate the DNA in their brains that trigger feelings. If not, in the end Spa and Suzuka will be the sore loosers.
You do know that the Spa 24 hours was held the weekend just gone, it streamed globally (so lots of advertising revenue and sponsorship) and numerous eSport racing events ran alongside it, not to mention the virtual Spa 24 hours that ran earlier this year that some guy called Alonso won (again both with lots of advertising and sponsorship revenue)?

The major eSport racing platforms all have Spa in their roster, and most also have Suzuka as well, so no its not exactly going to cause them to lose at all.

Last edited:
You do know that the Spa 24 hours was held the weekend just gone, it streamed globally (so lots of advertising revenue and sponsorship) and numerous eSport racing events ran alongside it, not to mention the virtual Spa 24 hours that ran earlier this year that some guy called Alonso won (again both with lots of advertising and sponsorship revenue)?

The major eSport racing platforms all have Spa in their roster, and most also have Suzuka as well, so no its not exactly going to cause them to lose at all.
I dont play actual Sim Racing Games. Main reason is last time I played a Sim Racing Game i was told to slow down and drop to a lower position on Nurb 24hr. I decided I will not be told what to do and quit the race and went into what people Sim-Cade where its mostly racers who just who just race and dont boss others around. Its games such as Project Cars 3 and Grid that have no Spa so my opinions came directly from bad experiences in Sim Racing Games. No one tells me to slow down when i am racing. I am in the zone, its like divorce but better.

Last edited:
Main reason is last time I played a Sim Racing Game i was told to slow down and drop to a lower position on Nurb 24hr.
I'll take 'Things that didn't happen' for 100 please Bob.

Less than a week away... Free track for everybody!

Bit more info on the pack

"
The Legends Pack Is Incoming
The first expansion pack for Project CARS 3, the Legends Pack, is less than a week away. It comes with three legendary Japanese cars from the 1990s (including full race conversion kits) and dozens of customization options. The Legends Pack also comes with a free circuit for all Project CARS 3 drivers.

What cars, you ask? Well, you’ll need to wait for the Pack to drop but—since you’ve taken the time to read this, here’s a hint…

Back in 1989, on a cold day in February, a Brazilian legend turned up at Suzuka for winter testing and, while there, was asked to test-drive an in-development road car. After a couple of hours pushing it to the limit, he returned with some feedback.

“I’m not sure I can really give you appropriate advice on a mass-production car,” he said with his usual reserve, “but I feel it’s a little fragile.”

The engineers, stunned, went back to work, and suggested they reconvene with the driver at the Nürburgring in the spring. Which is when the Brazilian driver spent many hours testing and helping develop the feel and handling of this car. When it was all said and done, it became, without any hyperbole, Japan’s greatest-ever supercar.

Know what it is yet? Let us know in the comments…"

So one of the cars is the NSX then.

Nice, looking forward to the new content :)

As for Spa: It's expensive because it's a license in very high demand (up there with Le Mans and Nurburgring).

The rallycross track was considered for DiRT Rally 2.0 at one point (since every other World RX track is in the game), but was too costly to license unfortunately.

Back