Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I agree, i doubt the performance upgrade would change the way the AI act, unless of course if that twitching is indeed performance related.
I did hear the game is a massive improvement on the new Gens...
The main differences between playing on current gen and previous gen are:

• Faster load times due to the SSD.
  • Better chance at hitting previous gen performance targets thanks to the improved GPU.
  • Better chance at the game running more smoothly thanks to the improved CPU.

It's essentially the difference between using an old spec PC and whatever the latest AMD/NVIDIA hardware is.

The main differences between playing on current gen and previous gen are:

• Faster load times due to the SSD.
  • Better chance at hitting previous gen performance targets thanks to the improved GPU.
  • Better chance at the game running more smoothly thanks to the improved CPU.

It's essentially the difference between using an old spec PC and whatever the latest AMD/NVIDIA hardware is.

The only problem atm is actually getting your hands on a current gen console.

I hop on here and all I see for pages and pages is pointless debate. I mean, every person has different experiences with driving. Different cars, different roads, different tracks. My last few cars have all (boringly) been fairly low powered FWD vehicles. But there is still a massive difference in driving them. Adding to that, a lot are speaking in absolutes, saying X IS realistic, and Y isn't. Besides making you a Sith, I don't believe it accomplishes anything.

I have never been on track (other than go karts you don't even need a license for) so I can't speak to that. But what I can speak to is if a game is fun. And I think perception plays a big role. PC3 was doomed from the start because the marketing wasn't great. And many took that as a personal insult, which led to nitpicking every detail. I firmly believe if this game came from, say, an indie developer or someone unheard of, it would have gotten very good reviews and the whole feeling about it would have been different. And now on most social media sites you can barely even say you enjoy the game without backlash. It's been out for just about half a year now. It should be time to just let the marketing and personal feelings go and just enjoy a game. And if you don't enjoy it in any way, why argue about it? This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I think a lot on here are guilty of it. I'd just like to come onto a forum about PC3 and actually just talk about the game. It's just been incredibly annoying to read through to get to the few people who ARE talking about it.

Rant over, I promise. What I'm hoping for in this game is more people to get it so we can have leagues and series like in many other games. Next time it goes on sale I plan on getting at least one copy to send to a friend so he can join me. I haven't even really played online (other than rivals, if that counts) because of so few people. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it is fun, at least for me

So I have had this game for about a week and I am enjoying it.

I'm working my way through the disciplines and what I'm doing now is buying cars and then selling them to buy further cars I need to complete events.

Is there any better way/s to make money in this game?, can you re-do completed events?

There is a "better" way. Normal custom race farm. That's another thing why PC3 is not PC. Who cares about points or cars if you want to just race. I just need menu button to do practise/time trial and that's all.

So I have had this game for about a week and I am enjoying it.

I'm working my way through the disciplines and what I'm doing now is buying cars and then selling them to buy further cars I need to complete events.

Is there any better way/s to make money in this game?, can you re-do completed events?

I have been doing the GTA Raging Bull for XP/Credits.

I found out some tip how to improve Shift 2 steering - disable dampening. It's much better now, not the fastest steering but good enough to play. And what about tuning PC3 on a PC? Is it possible somehow? That could solve everything to me.

I found out some tip how to improve Shift 2 steering - disable dampening. It's much better now, not the fastest steering but good enough to play. And what about tuning PC3 on a PC? Is it possible somehow? That could solve everything to me.
Your best bet is to play pc2, pc3 is the way it is for better or worse.

With the 2021 IMSA Season starting, I decided to run my own 2.4 Hours of Daytona! I went and brought the old GT out of retirement for this run, and boy does the C8 give it a run for its money! For Sebring, I might go with the Indy road course.

On the GTA Raging Bull breakout. Make sure you keep hitting the blocks. You want to have about 1200 XP at the end. If, you miss blocks and let about 3-4 secs go by. The XP will jump ex:12,000 XP and this will be a reduction of points at the end. This could be a difference of ex: instead of getting 50,000 XP, it could be half the credits like 25,000 XP.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I'd like to be as accurate as I can. So, I want to have most of the tracks in the US. So, I could have an alternative for VIR when that race comes out.

Last edited:
On the GTA Raging Bull breakout. Make sure you keep hitting the blocks. You want to have about 1200 XP at the end. If, you miss blocks and let about 3-4 secs go by. The XP will jump ex:12,000 XP and this will be a reduction of points at the end. This could be a difference of ex: instead of getting 50,000 XP, it could be half the credits like 25,000 XP.

If, anyone has a question about what I posted. Here's a quick video.

Last edited:
I know the above video is of what's supposed to be a sort of fun side game but, and to me this is a big deal in a game that wants to be taken seriously, why wouldn't you put the high scoring blocks on the most important parts of the racing line rather than actively encouraging people to short cut parts of the track? It's hard enough to get people drive properly in sims and this sort of arcade stuff only encourages and reinforces bad habits imo.

I know the above video is of what's supposed to be a sort of fun side game but, and to me this is a big deal in a game that wants to be taken seriously, why wouldn't you put the high scoring blocks on the most important parts of the racing line rather than actively encouraging people to short cut parts of the track? It's hard enough to get people drive properly in sims and this sort of arcade stuff only encourages and reinforces bad habits imo.

Hotlap and Pace Setter definitely fill that spot. Running against the top guys encourages you to push for everything. Unfortunately, my February Rivals got screwed by being sick with a stomach bug and the current snow/ice storm (mostly ice) here in southern part of the US.

For most of these events the high scoring blocks off the racing line aren’t worth grabbing as you can score higher by maintaining a higher speed. I one-shot most of these by simply driving my normal line quickly.

Here's hoping that the new Xbox series S/X feature that enhances FPS in backwards compatible titles makes PC3 a locked 60 fps, even if they don't want to! :D

Hotlap and Pace Setter definitely fill that spot. Running against the top guys encourages you to push for everything. Unfortunately, my February Rivals got screwed by being sick with a stomach bug and the current snow/ice storm (mostly ice) here in southern part of the US.
They may well be, but that doesn't change my opinion of what I've just seen of that mode in your video.

For most of these events the high scoring blocks off the racing line aren’t worth grabbing as you can score higher by maintaining a higher speed. I one-shot most of these by simply driving my normal line quickly.
I was just watching another video showing three different modes and it seems from my admittedly very limited knowledge that's just how it is in that particular mode and while it may be fun for some, and it is a very small part of the game, I would personally leave it out.

Example from the video I watched:
Untitled.png

And yes I know I wouldn't have to play that mode, I just think it's better suited to more arcade style games. I did love that kind of thing (with witches hats) in the old Driver games though.

Back