Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Hey everyone, couple of questions.

Is this really like driveclub in terms of physics and how it plays well with a controller?

What tracks would I be missing from pcars 1 and pcars2?

R3V

Is this really like driveclub in terms of physics and how it plays well with a controller?

It's excellent with a wheel. I've never played it with a controller.

I check out the daily discount most days and have never had that. Only thing I can think of is that you go in directly after going into PC3. You will have noticed that as you just go in, it takes a couple of seconds before your DR/SR show up top right, then another few seconds and a red box appears bottom right, then if you played Rivals the previous day, after the red box you get the blue/white exclamation mark over the Rivals. If you go into rivals (whether you've played the day before or not) before those 10 seconds or so, it is 'empty'. I wonder if, if you go into showroom before that sequence is finished, it hasn't yet connected to its server to find the daily discount?
You're spot on! Thanks @half_sourly. 👍:cheers:

I can trigger this every time by going into the showroom as soon as I open the game. I guess I'll just have to learn a little patience and not be quite so quick with my bargain hunting.

Now that I know the cause it's not a big deal... but it really wasn't a big deal anyway :)

R3V

IMO it's better than Driveclub in terms of physics and for me it's every bit as playable with a controller. Many of the top times in the Rivals Time Trial events are done with controllers and I've managed to platinum all but one event so far in my short time of playing (about two weeks) with a controller, which is pretty good for me because I usually use a wheel.

New Steam achievements appeared today, for what must be the next-to-be-released DLC pack, I believe scheduled to be the "Electric Pack"

rsz_untitled.jpg

No clues on upcoming content from this lot of icons this time though

It's called "The Dressing Gown". Should be comfy...

... although I assume that's code to stop people like us doing what we did last time :D
Don't forget the ego stroking articles,

I wonder what cars will be part of the electric pack, there's be Tesla? McLaren could have some electric hybrid, not familiar with electric cars, unless we get the holy grail.... A prius

Last edited:
Don't forget the ego stroking articles
I literally spat coffee out at the "Developer Blog" recently.
I won't what cars will be part of the electric pack, there's be Tesla? McLaren could have some electric hybrid, not familiar with electric cars, unless we get the holy grail.... A prius
Well, the Achievements list them as "AEW", "Nips", and "Duvet 3000"... which begs so many questions. So many.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the deal of the day not being a deal at all? 0% off doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me. I get this a lot and the cars normally show up no matter what random time I play the game with 1 hour or less left on the clock. :odd::confused:

Edit: Like this...
View attachment 997233

This happened to me only once, and just recently. Thought it was humorous.

Oh, I just genuinely forgot to add that second part. I'm sorry, didn't mean to miss lead anyone lmao
So are any of those missing tracks coming back? Maybe like a screenshot so a specific elevation change or of a Dunlop bridge, to hype up people who still play and follow this game?

The kart tracks were good but their tightness really needed a kart, which we don't have.
The rallycross tracks, they are a loss. They were nicely done and could be fun even in 'normal' cars. Possibly the new tyre model couldn't automatically adapt to gravel and mud. Shame.

Perhaps it's PC3's new style of play (shorter races) but personally I'm not missing the "missing" tracks too much*. But the same tracks appear in many games so I'd much prefer new circuits to learn. Overall I'm quite liking the new track additions to PC3. Is it 8 they've added so far?

*I miss Le Mans Bugatti circuit more than the full version. :)

And the Electric Pack, it'll be interesting to see what that includes. There's already Formula E covered. They have 1(?) hypercar. So what's around that might fit into the current car classes? And race conversions, possibly not.

Is anyone else having this problem the game keeps crashing to the Xbox homepage when I go on Toyota in the car selection page I have the latest DLC and I'm on Series X??

That's good I'm at the moment putting it back onto One X!!
I am running this game on an X Box One X with a 4k monitor my friend and it looks fantastic .....

As you have both Consoles I wonder can you tell me how it stacks up against your Series X graphically..

As I am under the impression that there is little to choose between these two Consoles visually..... when playing this game.....

There’s not much visually but the better CPU makes an enormous difference in multiplayer.

On previous gen the game can get borderline unplayable with all sorts of stuttering and framerate issues whenever somebody joins a lobby, leaves one, or the console sends you a notification, whereas on Series X it sails through everything. Naturally, things would get worse under night or wet consditions.

One of the main reasons I bought an Xbox Series X already was to simply host my lobbies without having these issues.

Last edited:
There’s not much visually but the better CPU makes an enormous difference in multiplayer.

On previous gen the game can get borderline unplayable with all sorts of stuttering and framerate issues whenever somebody joins a lobby, leaves one, or the console sends you a notification, whereas on Series X it sails through everything. Naturally, things would get worse under night or wet consditions.

One of the main reasons I bought an Xbox Series X already was to simply host my lobbies without having these issues.
Thank you PJ ......Series X gamers will of course benefit hugely.... when playing the next Gen games.....

So I'm hoping that the "hens teeth" scarcity of the Series X.... will be resolved in the coming months.....

So that we will have the option to buy them through normal retail outlets..... without going through the original chaotic release process again.........

Last edited:
Back