Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
It's easier to dislike a game that had a reputation of functioning quite terribly on consoles, compared to one that just went a bit lighter in simulation. Nothing wrong with that, don't get why you're trying to be so edgy.
No edgy here at all. I just came to PC series too late and the games are almost perfect to me. I know, they have many bugs what game doesn't? What I read on the net I thought PC1 is a arcade and complete *****. I love those games now because they are so good. That's the reason why I don't like PC3 because it's not PC at all. Only my opinion and want to know yours.

I hate this game so much that I dig it.

Finally bought the GT-B Proto Z. It's all love. SMS nail car attitude(suspension dampening, handling, in-car motion). The replays on my base PS4 are bad, but not horrible. Not liking that motion blur/frame rate thing.

AI are good, but the late braking at the apex, though I'm getting used to it, kills a bit of the joy. In-car, it's ridiculous. From replay views, it looks natural.

In my opinion, this game should be strictly non-road cars. Handling of the race cars is all I do now. I'm nearly saved up for the N2 Trueno. Hope it's a good steer, as I can't wait to do some One Make races in it.

It is a good machine, handles nicely. You can do your one make races in custom mode without the need to own one. A sort of try before you buy if you like. ;)
:eek:

Edit:Just did a 3 lap N2 race at Fuji. Started 18/20. Finished 19/20.
Was left for dead at the start. Didn't finish last because three cars smashed each other after the Dunlop sign. Two caught and passed me, at the finish line.

Ran the GT-B 370(on loan as well) at Sugo in a same class race. Had pole, but was getting blasted in the straights. Finished 7/20. Still, a good racing game overall.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not spending money the way I should be, but it's pretty hard to come by IMO. If you buy cars needed to do the events in the lower classes, you don't have much for the higher ones. I haven't even upgraded much. I think I need to do more custom races. Funny, because I usually don't mess with career in these if everything is unlocked for custom races.

:eek:

Edit:Just did a 3 lap N2 race at Fuji. Started 18/20. Finished 19/20.
Was left for dead at the start. Didn't finish last because three cars smashed each other after the Dunlop sign. Two caught and passed me, at the finish line.

Ran the GT-B 370(on loan as well) at Sugo in a same class race. Had pole, but was getting blasted in the straights. Finished 7/20. Still, a good racing game overall.
was this against the AI?

Maybe I'm not spending money the way I should be, but it's pretty hard to come by IMO. If you buy cars needed to do the events in the lower classes, you don't have much for the higher ones. I haven't even upgraded much. I think I need to do more custom races. Funny, because I usually don't mess with career in these if everything is unlocked for custom races.
The first few levels are a real grind, but there is a method to gain XP/CR fairly quickly. Have a look on this forum, there was a thread on it.

was this against the AI?
Yes.
I have AI Difficulty: Very Hard and Aggression: High.

Finally bought the N2 AE86. Tried Road America. The AI take off and disappear. Loving how the AI make mistakes and through hard racing, sometimes take each other out. I see all the dust from off track excursions.
Anyway, one AI goes off at the final turn, end of Lap 5. It looks to take forever to rejoin(looking from my rear view mirror), as I'm on the start/finish straight. It catches and passes me on Lap 8/10. Leaving me all alone for the rest of the race. :lol:

Yes.

Finally bought the N2 AE86. Tried Road America. The AI take off and disappear. Loving how the AI make mistakes and through hard racing, sometimes take each other out. I see all the dust from off track excursions.
Anyway, one AI goes off at the final turn, end of Lap 5. It looks to take forever to rejoin(looking from my rear view mirror), as I'm on the start/finish straight. It catches and passes me on Lap 8/10. Leaving me all alone for the rest of the race. :lol:
Love your enthusiasm for this great game my friend .........

Last edited:
Yes.

Yeah I find bringing the AI Agression down one click makes them better to race against

For close pack racing I rarely go above hard with the AI difficulty, usually it's at medium in fact. The aggression generally is at medium. I tend to start at the back and (try to) work my way forward.

While not perfect I think the AI are pretty decent during the custom races. And as @05XR8 says, they make mistakes and sometimes crash out. So they're at least as good as me in that respect. :)

Bought this game pretty late, but I really have to say, I must have judged this game too unfairly, and I have a controversial opinion where I believe the game's physics are nicer than that of Motorsport 7.

I have a controversial opinion where I believe the game's physics are nicer than that of Motorsport 7.
I don't think that's controversial at all (although the cars do have a tendency to oversteer too easily under braking). Any wheel user I've spoke to has said it feels nicer to drive.

I can't say much for pad because I'm mainly a wheel user these days, but Forza Motorsport 7 had the best pad feel in the business so probably tough to match that.

I don't think that's controversial at all (although the cars do have a tendency to oversteer too easily under braking). Any wheel user I've spoke to has said it feels nicer to drive.

I can't say much for pad because I'm mainly a wheel user these days, but Forza Motorsport 7 had the best pad feel in the business so probably tough to match that.
Maybe its my driving style but I am a pad player and in my opinion, PC3 feels much better on a pad than FM7. On FM7 I always had this sensation like I was driving on ice. Guess different strokes for everyone.

Maybe its my driving style but I am a pad player and in my opinion, PC3 feels much better on a pad than FM7. On FM7 I always had this sensation like I was driving on ice. Guess different strokes for everyone.
100% agree. In fact, the game feels more balanced, polished and well thought out than Forza 6 and 7. Both pad and wheel feel nice. I mostly play on the pad, but I like the feel of the car better than Forza. Somehow the weight of the car feels right. Try to run a lap in Viper at Laguna Seca and you will see what I mean.

Another was that I had a go with the Hennessey Venom F5 concept from the Style Pack and it really feels scary to go flat out with it, especially if you'll do a practice run on the Nurburgring, especially when you realize it has 1,817hp, MR, a gearbox that is long as 🤬, and that in my opinion, almost doesn't have any downforce at all, where its wheelspin feels like you're wrestling with lions, tigers, bears and alligators combined. Best I've done was a 6:42.257 though.

The other scariest vehicle to drive there in my opinion would be the Bugatti Chiron Sport.

Last edited:
For me, using the pad, it depends on the downforce of the car. The less downforce, the less the car feels like a normal road car in other games. BUT!... not as bad as the driving feel I experienced in GRID(the most recent one).

So the ID-R and the Nio EP9, what do they have in common that isn’t so obvious? :P

Both have set records at the Nurburgring, which PC3 has..

I just thought I’d let you guys know just in case you want somewhere to test them. :lol:

But in all seriousness, the upcoming dlc will make PC3 the only game on console at the moment to have both Nords and the ID-R together.

Just missing the Evo version of the 919 for the 3 kings of the Nurburgring to be reunited.

(Yes I know Bellof’s time was in a 956, not a 962C, but let’s just gloss over that.:D)

Another was that I had a go with the Hennessey Venom F5 concept from the Style Pack and it really feels scary to go flat out with it, especially if you'll do a practice run on the Nurburgring, especially when you realize it has 1,817hp, MR, a gearbox that is long as 🤬, and that in my opinion, almost doesn't have any downforce at all, where its wheelspin feels like you're wrestling with lions, tigers, bears and alligators combined. Best I've done was a 6:42.257 though.

The other scariest vehicle to drive there in my opinion would be the Bugatti Chiron Sport.

I mostly race the GT3 cars and yes they have plenty of downforce. Huge fan of road cars as well but lining up a bunch of road cars for a race I’m just not into that. The GT3 cars handle extremely well on the pad.

And kudos to you for taming the Venom. Not sure I could make a lap around Monza in it.

What assists do you use? Unassisted and with stock tuning, Motorsport is very strange.

Back