Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Hi ! Well PC3 is on the sale now and i"m about to grab it. Just wanna ask do this game even worth to buy ?? I saw so many negative opinions about PC3. I"m using T300rs and PS4 pro. I know is lot arcade style game but wanna ask if is better than GT Sport where car handling and FFB is terrible ???

If you have £20 spare that doesn't need to go to food on your table then try it, In my opinion without the DLC it is worse than PC2 with some new tracks in the list, The DLC only offers cars you don't get in PC2.

If you do get it I suggest tuning the suspension of the cars as the default setups make the cars feel weird to what I'd expect a car to do, must be all that slip angle.

I prefer GT Sport as a game overall, however I'd say the handling and FFB is different to GT Sport but can't say whether one or the other is "Better", FFB and handling I'd prefer Assetto Corsa Competizione which is also on sale.

Last edited:
Yes, especially when it's on sale.

There certainly have been. Although it depends greatly on what people expected from the game. Some points ring true but many of them are unfounded.

The Pro in particular will be a great aid. It can struggle more on the base consoles.

Arcade style is a definition some have used. I still call it a more accessible, fun version of the previous games. Great for some quick racing but still has very good and lively car handling. Between PC3 and PC2 I don't currently play GTS.
Very well summed up my friend ........a nice balanced insight into what to expect from this game !!!

Hi ! Well PC3 is on the sale now and i"m about to grab it. Just wanna ask do this game even worth to buy ?? I saw so many negative opinions about PC3. I"m using T300rs and PS4 pro. I know is lot arcade style game but wanna ask if is better than GT Sport where car handling and FFB is terrible ???

I’d say go for it. I was also apprehensive at first but glad I gave the game the chance and personally found it quite enjoyable. Personally find the handling a lot better than GT Sport (on controller at least) the cars just feel a lot more alive and less numb and understeer-y. Yes it’s no PC 1 or 2 and definitely shouldn’t have been called PC3 to avoid comparisons with its predecessors, but for a pick up and play style of game with great handling and a ton of content it’s definitely worth picking up on sale.

Last edited:
The handling and FFB in this game are very similar to GTS, maybe a little more forgiving.

In my book my friend it's a "no brainer"... I consider it to be the best plug in and play "Racer" out there...
Bucket loads of fun..... great car selection..... lots of superb circuits ..... great drivability with wheel or pad .......your PS4 will give you decent graphics... and "on Sale" to boot .....what's not to like..

Last edited:
Nearly bought this again, as it`s even cheaper on amazon...but hmmm not sure, I did have it but sold it..

Screenshot_2021-05-28 Project Cars 3 (PS4) Amazon co uk PC Video Games.png

Nearly bought this again, as it`s even cheaper on amazon...but hmmm not sure, I did have it but sold it..
That's a very good price! But if you did have PC3 and for whatever reason didn't like it even with it being extremely cheap perhaps isn't going to change your view on it. Although there's been a few updates and extra tracks added since release so that may help to sway your opinion slightly.

I'm still really enjoying it. After tweaking the AI a little yesterday I had a great 7 lap race in the racing version of the Mustang GT around Laguna at sunset against a 20 strong field of other GT B cars. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I repeated it 5 times. And not once did the pit lane being blocked bother me. :)

I find that PC3 is the ideal
plug in and play "Racer"
(Good description Barry) If you treat it as such and not expect the full motorsports experience, as in the previous titles, you can't go far wrong.

That's a very good price! But if you did have PC3 and for whatever reason didn't like it even with it being extremely cheap perhaps isn't going to change your view on it. Although there's been a few updates and extra tracks added since release so that may help to sway your opinion slightly.

I'm still really enjoying it. After tweaking the AI a little yesterday I had a great 7 lap race in the racing version of the Mustang GT around Laguna at sunset against a 20 strong field of other GT B cars. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I repeated it 5 times. And not once did the pit lane being blocked bother me. :)

I find that PC3 is the ideal
(Good description Barry) If you treat it as such and not expect the full motorsports experience, as in the previous titles, you can't go far wrong.
Thank you for your endorsement my friend ...

The one thing I would very much like in PC3 that isn't present... is the tire warming up process....
If that was added it would be the "cherry on the cake" for me !!!!

With that in mind I often start races with the "damp track" option...
Which creates the low adhesion tire rubber feel..... during the track drying out period....

Last edited:
The one thing I would very much like in PC3 that isn't present... is the tire warming up process...
For the type of quick action that PC3 provides I don't miss that so much. Although more realistic in its tyre heating approach the 1 thing in PC2 that I thought was missing was a tyre warmer option. It is slightly annoying (and time consuming) when testing cars for the series I run to wait for a few laps before the tyres are heated.

I do wish though that PC3 had a tyre heat indication. People assume that the Magic Tyres™ are the same temperature all the time without one, when they are not. Although they don't wear, how you drive and Live Track's input have an effect on them. It'd be nice to know what was happening.

For the type of quick action that PC3 provides I don't miss that so much. Although more realistic in its tyre heating approach the 1 thing in PC2 that I thought was missing was a tyre warmer option. It is slightly annoying (and time consuming) when testing cars for the series I run to wait for a few laps before the tyres are heated.

I do wish though that PC3 had a tyre heat indication. People assume that the Magic Tyres™ are the same temperature all the time without one, when they are not. Although they don't wear, how you drive and Live Track's input have an effect on them. It'd be nice to know what was happening.
The trick to that in PC2 is do a custom race with no opponents, that way you don't need to heat up the tyres for 2/3 laps to get a feel of your settings :)

Last edited:
I've never thought of that. I'd assumed that you had to have opponents. 👍
It's not a good idea if you're the type of person who wants perfect stats though, I think because I do it this way I've got 10000 race starts, 9000 restarts & only 1000 completed :lol: (not exactly these figures but you get what I mean)

Last edited:
General curiosity: What are the AI Difficulty/Aggression combos that you guys/gals typically run, particularly with higher-level car classes, while still having some kind competition? I'm getting a bit sick of being punted off corners in the P1 class, or watching the P1 and Group C cars completely mess up the final chicane on Daytona Road Course, while effectivley getting away scot-free.

What are the AI Difficulty/Aggression combos that you guys/gals typically run
I tend to start from midfield or the back and generally to get a good competitive race I don't go above hard for difficulty and medium on aggression. Tweaking them up or down a little since the performance can vary between classes.

I hadn't tried the P1 class in PC3 (I find them a bit frantic) so I gave them a go. I agree, the AI in those do seem somewhat possessed! Even after trying adjustments I couldn't calm them down much. Perhaps it was just at Daytona, I didn't try them elsewhere. The Group C weren't too bad though at my usual settings. The final chicane? Hmm yes, they can be a little unpredictable but seem to improve after a few laps.

And talking about the AI. I've been having some really good custom races against the them recently, I think they've improved. Yesterday I fired PC3 up just to have a couple of races but then spent the entire evening trying out various GT A/B/C cars. Volume up, HUD off, interior helmet view with camera shake and look to apex on. It didn't feel "Arcade" to me at all. :)

One thing I did notice was that in all of my same class races the 20ish fields never had what I'd call a spurious car, the grids were all of a similar type of car*. Perhaps I was lucky or maybe they've tweaked something during the updates. The other thing I realised is that the same model of AI car doesn't always have the same PIR, they vary as if some have modifications added. That's neat because it makes them behave slightly differently on track.
*The Ginetta G40 did appear amongst the GTCs but I'll let that off.

Steam depots show SMS are testing an update of sorts, where this is content or general fixes who knows, just wish they communicated like other studios do on what they looking at bringing to the title

Steam depots show SMS are testing an update of sorts, where this is content or general fixes who knows, just wish they communicated like other studios do on what they looking at bringing to the title
They appear to be half-rightly afraid of getting burned, with the other half being an apparent failure to understand that it helps to not get burned if you don't stick your hand in a fire and stir it around.

In recent weeks I've shifted away from using a wheel and back to a controller. It handles pretty well 🙂
Indeed

I steered away from this game because I'm primarily an offline player. I stay with PC2 because I like the career mode and I love to experiment with custom races.

Pit Stops and tire wear are important elements to my having fun when I race.

However, my wheel base lost it's connectivity and I had to have it repaired.

In the interim I started playing PC3 again because I was forced to use a controller. I had some of the most fun I've had in a long time racing.

It is remarkable with the controller, unlike PC2 where I could never use a controller. I would jump in, do two or three short 10 to 12 lap races then move on to something else. Tons of fun

From my 200 or so hours of playing, I’ve found the high downforce cars to be great on a wheel, but the road cars to be a little cumbersome.

On pad however that widens up and some of the trickier cars are more fun for me to drive this way.

It is still a fun arcade racer with huge content and still up to today nothing similar (arcade racing with real cars on real racetracks) has been released or will be released in the next 12 or more month. With the updates it clearly jumps over the 70% rating mark which is absolutely fine for an arcade racing title. Grab it as long as you like the content and didn't expect a sim.

A patch to spring up things a bit on PS5 would be welcome. Replays could receive some improvements (60 fps)/polish - the motion blur filter doesn't look that great currently. But i guess they are already done with it.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that GRID exists (and is quite fun in its own terms), I resent a bit that people are quick to throw PC3 into the "arcade" category. It's true that the game is simplified from PC2, but it still has depth. Try to throw the cars around like in GRID and you won't make it pass the 1st corner of practically all the tracks in PC3.

Last edited:
The game is fun, but it does lack depth. After 35 hours the only thing that kept my interest was Rivals. I've gone back to playing PC1.

Back