Project CARS 3 Information Rundown: Revamped Career, New Cars, and More

the silence and evasion by SMS could meant 2 things as well, is either pit stops are really gone and they don't want the rage from the community now or the pit stop is tied to some new feature that they don't want to spoil the surprise by talking about it.

the silence and evasion by SMS could meant 2 things as well, is either pit stops are really gone and they don't want the rage from the community now or the pit stop is tied to some new feature that they don't want to spoil the surprise by talking about it.

It's most likely that they aren't there i would think. They moved quickly to talk about the sim driving physjcs staying and and seasons and dynamic weather etc. Effectively reassuring everyone with those twitter feature posts. I would think we'd have heard something about it by now.

It'll be a minor loss but it won't be gamebreaking for me personally.

To be fair to SMS, their classes are usually very accurate to real life. I imagine the TT will feature in a standalone 1 make series, or be able to be used as a 'cup' class in multi class racing, VLN style.

I dont think sorting by drivetrain would really help as there are series which are genuinely diverse in this respect. Touring cars for example often mixes rear and front wheel drive.
That's why I mentioned the SMS-R TCC. That class features the 320i, Megane, Astra TCR and AMG A45. That's a mix of TCR-BTCC. That's fine. The MEgane Trophy is its own Cup in PC2. I'm thinking moreso about GT4.

Again, I'm fine if that's a mixed category in the pic. PC2 GT4 isn't mixed. Just my concern.

I'd be very surprised if pit stops were gone. More likely it's either not finished yet or it was an arcade mode. I mean, they've said there will be upgraded damage models. If that's the case, one would assume they'd allow you to fix them. Why work on damage modeling and completely strip out the thing that goes hand in hand with it?

There are so many nonsensical comments on here that are either trolls or very hateful people. Not about the pit stops but about the whole 'arcade' thing they think they see. It's far too early to tell how the driving will be, but I'm sure it'll be the same as PC2, just maybe a bit better.

The word 'arcade' and 'simcade' gets thrown about recklessly. Project Cars is 100% a sim. So is Gran Turismo, despite what everyone seems to say. If a game is doing it's best to replicate real world driving, it's a sim. Games like Burnout and NFS fall into the arcade category, clearly. It may not do everything exactly how a real car does, but it's not far off. Simcade gets used by people who want to look down their noses derisively from atop their high horse

To be fair simcade more suited for games like GT, that don't dive deep into simulation, like tires pressure, live track, correct autosport regulations.

Damage also could be fixed only outside the race.

To be fair simcade more suited for games like GT, that don't dive deep into simulation, like tires pressure, live track, correct autosport regulations.

Damage also could be fixed only outside the race.
My point is that the word is used as an insult. And it's generally used by elitists who look down their nose at other racers because it doesn't conform to what they feel makes a sim racing game. Gran Turismo might not go as deep as some, but it's not like it doesn't have realism. It's like flight simulators from the 80s and 90s. They were sims, just not as advanced as what we have today. Gran Turismo 1 was one of the most hardcore sims when it came out, but Sport is far more realistic

It's most likely that they aren't there i would think. They moved quickly to talk about the sim driving physjcs staying and and seasons and dynamic weather etc. Effectively reassuring everyone with those twitter feature posts. I would think we'd have heard something about it by now.

It'll be a minor loss but it won't be gamebreaking for me personally.

None of the articles or interview asked about it and they don't seem willing to talk anything outside of career and bits of vehicle upgrades. I think it is still a possibility they are hiding it because something new is in it or just gone. We just have to wait and see.

Not having pit stops it just feels odd for me even I rarely use it in both games. Mostly because after long session racing on warm tyres then gone back to cold tyres after pit stops just send me off the track at the very first turn. Gamepad controls on the last 2 games weren't great for long races but it was still fun for a short race.

None of the articles or interview asked about it and they don't seem willing to talk anything outside of career and bits of vehicle upgrades. I think it is still a possibility they are hiding it because something new is in it or just gone. We just have to wait and see.

Not having pit stops it just feels odd for me even I rarely use it in both games. Mostly because after long session racing on warm tyres then gone back to cold tyres after pit stops just send me off the track at the very first turn. Gamepad controls on the last 2 games weren't great for long races but it was still fun for a short race.

That never occurred in the first two games during races. Tires are pre-heated and you can go full pace right out of the pits. Cold tires are only a thing in practice and qualifying, and if you need to stop in those sessions you probably want to change something in your setup anyway.

I have kept silent about pitstops since the beginning of the conversation. If GTS (a fun but arcade game) has pitstops, my imagination is not wild enough to believe that PC3 (sim heritage developer) will not have them.

They have made it clear in all their interviews that they're not abandoning the Sim racer.

I'm going in the opposite direction and guessing they have improved pitstops immensely! Now, who's with me on positive thinking? :cheers::gtpflag:

My point is that the word is used as an insult. And it's generally used by elitists who look down their nose at other racers because it doesn't conform to what they feel makes a sim racing game. Gran Turismo might not go as deep as some, but it's not like it doesn't have realism. It's like flight simulators from the 80s and 90s. They were sims, just not as advanced as what we have today. Gran Turismo 1 was one of the most hardcore sims when it came out, but Sport is far more realistic

It's again a problem of context, not a term. I like simcade racers, the same as semi-arcade, or what ever too, but can't call GT Sport a simulator, like iRacing, even like Project Cars, they simply not the same in this regard.

That never occurred in the first two games during races. Tires are pre-heated and you can go full pace right out of the pits. Cold tires are only a thing in practice and qualifying, and if you need to stop in those sessions you probably want to change something in your setup anyway.

I had it occured a few times when pCARS 2 first launched, drove in with wear out tyres, switch tyres and it shown green warm tyres while driving out of pits then the minute I got in control the icons just turn blue then I flew out the track on the next turn. It was frustrating and I end using the game just for hotlaps or short races.

Summer is from June 21st to September 20th if im not mistaken.

Yes (it ends September 22nd) , and when a racing game is given a release date window, we all know it means the very end of it !
.... So Friday18 September seems a realistic expectation.

Summer in England is from June 21st to June the 22nd :)

that made my day :lol:

Summer is gone - come back next year.

ok guys - so end of september.
Still they should be able to show waaaaaaay more already, shouldn‘t they?

you know like creating a hype and not just put out some trailers and be quiet about it.

Still they should be able to show waaaaaaay more already, shouldn‘t they?

you know like creating a hype and not just put out some trailers and be quiet about it.
There are regular posts from "projectcarsgame" on Twitter. 👍 I just learned some details pulling it up again:
  • Skill-based matchmaking
  • "SMS set up daily fun races" (which sounds like daily hoppers)
  • No microtransactions (firmly stated)
And as posted in the track list thread, SMS just confirmed IndyCars have not been cut, for the Indy fans here.

I had it occured a few times when pCARS 2 first launched, drove in with wear out tyres, switch tyres and it shown green warm tyres while driving out of pits then the minute I got in control the icons just turn blue then I flew out the track on the next turn. It was frustrating and I end using the game just for hotlaps or short races.
This is perfectly normal in pCARS 2.

Even if your Tyres are on simulated tyre warmers, you may lose the heat out of them pretty quickly if your Tyre Pressures aren't set an an optimal pressure. Also, the Season, Time of Day, and, Weather can affect that as well.

This is perfectly normal in pCARS 2.

Even if your Tyres are on simulated tyre warmers, you may lose the heat out of them pretty quickly if your Tyre Pressures aren't set an an optimal pressure. Also, the Season, Time of Day, and, Weather can affect that as well.
Sounds more like a bug to me. I know there have been some weird tire bugs but I've personally never had such a thing happen(I run long races more often than most do). Even if it's a cold day your tires will stay warm for a little while. They shouldn't turn blue by the time you leave pit lane and even if it's cold enough that they will lose temperature they certainly shouldn't ever get colder than the the ones you've been driving on for an hour.

Sounds more like a bug to me. I know there have been some weird tire bugs but I've personally never had such a thing happen(I run long races more often than most do). Even if it's a cold day your tires will stay warm for a little while. They shouldn't turn blue by the time you leave pit lane and even if it's cold enough that they will lose temperature they certainly shouldn't ever get colder than the the ones you've been driving on for an hour.
Well, you're correct if the issue is that the Tyres are turning blue prior to leaving Pit Lane but that's different. Most likely due to your Setup not loading properly. As you and any avid pCARS 2 user knows, you should ALWAYS load your setup at least twice prior leaving the Pits.

I was answering to someone who specifically said that his 'Tyres would turn blue about a minute after he left the Pits.' This situation is different, as the Tyres fail to stay at optimal heat temperatures depending on those various factors that I had mentioned on my original post.

I was answering to someone who specifically said that his 'Tyres would turn blue about a minute after he left the Pits.' This situation is different, as the Tyres fail to stay at optimal heat temperatures depending on those various factors that I had mentioned on my original post.
I see the point of confusion; he said "the minute I got in control", as in the instant the car returns to player control when you have automatic pitlane driving enabled.

That was every time for me, when you exit pit it shows green tires regardless, correct temperature shows only when car hits an actual track, because I believe that pits doesn't have surface information and doesn't send data to tires temp system. You can see it when exiting garage manually, when you burn out on track tires indicator flashing, but this doesn't happening in a pit area.

This also true for that cool down on tires happens in pits the same manner when if you stop on a track, so for tires that means - entering a pit zone equal to stationary state.

To add to the tire thing for PC2, I find that even though they *are* green, they're still not quite optimal when starting a race. I find it usually takes me a lap or two to get optimal grip. Yes, they're green, but in some cars a little more seems to be necessary. That's just anecdotal evidence for me personally

I thought the tires start green because they're simulating tire warmers. If they turn blue it's because too low ambient temperature or they're just not generating heat in general.

Hope the guys tweaking the controller setups were testing in cockpit view. Took me ages to get mine comfortable and when you go wrong there's no reset to default option. Controller setups have always been off ever since Shift.

"we're going full arcade with lasers and turtle shells"

What's wrong with lasers and turtle shells? :P

Seriously, as long as it doesn't pretend to be something else arcade games are fun and do fill the casual quick race nicely.

Unlike pc3 saying it's a sim... I know what's under the hood but still not a sim if you can't use tyre model properly. I'm repeating myself now... again.

Back