Project CARS 3 Launch Confirmed for August 28

Went on RaceDepartment just to see the comments to their equivalent news post and it's literally just pages upon pages of people crapping on the game for not being "muh sim".

I guess some people just hate fun then? Either way, their loss.

IDK, my initial reaction to this game was "oh, that's not what I was expecting" but as more info has been revealed I've grown increasingly interested. ACC was a bit of a rough port so I've shifted my focus here for summer racing game purchases.

Went on RaceDepartment just to see the comments to their equivalent news post and it's literally just pages upon pages of people crapping on the game for not being "muh sim".

IDK, my initial reaction to this game was "oh, that's not what I was expecting" but as more info has been revealed I've grown increasingly interested. ACC was a bit of a rough port so I've shifted my focus here for summer racing game purchases.

Totally agree ACC looks ropey and lacking in content, this seems a better bet providing it plays well... The sim zealots are hilarious with their comments on this game so far, no-one has a clue what its like yet... These sim types seem to think they're professional race drivers, the elephant in the room is they're sat in their safe living rooms playing with toys, its just fantasy...

Ahh Race Department. Used to be pretty good, turned into a hall of horrors for anyone who likes anything fun. Fun = arcade according to those miserables. Even if you have state of the art driving physics.

Last edited:
This time around, i will wait for feedback and reviews. If its any good, i will get it on PC. Im just a bit sceptical with this rushed (?) release. We will see how this turns out. Very curious to see if this will be the only simcade this year... or if Forza will follow.

Did not expect that release date, fair play. I have hopes for this, not too high, but hopes none the less. I REALLY want it to basically feel like a Shift 3, especially the whole tuner car to GT car transformation element, almost like the brilliant "works conversion" method for cars in Shift 2, great fun that was.

This time around, i will wait for feedback and reviews. If its any good, i will get it on PC. Im just a bit sceptical with this rushed (?) release. We will see how this turns out. Very curious to see if this will be the only simcade this year... or if Forza will follow.

Rushed? The game must have, at least, 1.5-2 years of dev time, which is what a typical AAA racing game has. By no means is that rushed, especially if, as they say, they didn't intend to launch it on next-gen anyway.

Been Observing this situation and I think that if this title wasn't named PC3 or rather labeled as a spinoff title to the series, the sim-racing crowd would't be so up in arms about this and especially the people who loved PC2 and treated that as a sim.

Me personally, I like PC2 and enjoy it a lot and at the same time, I see what they're going for and I felt that GRID 2019 was the weakest in the series, and I feel that Shift 2 was underrated. But for PC3 I'm just gonna have a wait and see approach. I'm definitely keeping a eye on this and look forward to see what everyone else says about it before I decide to pick it up.

Rushed? The game must have, at least, 1.5-2 years of dev time, which is what a typical AAA racing game has. By no means is that rushed, especially if, as they say, they didn't intend to launch it on next-gen anyway.

Its actually closer to 3 if not a bit more. It was known to be in early development prior to pCars 2 launch, an Interlagos was shown ahead of PC2 launch as well leading many to believe that it would be DLC when in fact it was for PC3.

tunaphis; Step into my office please.
RaceD; Why?
Course your fired.
game looks great.

Right after the Indy 500 and my birthday. Really looking forward to this. Hoping that they will update the IndyCar from the PC2 game, and possibly add a few IndyCar circuits such as Gateway and Portland. This is the only game to have the "primary" and "alternate" Firestone tires, along with the road/street and oval/speedway aero configurations. Definitely will have this marked on my calendar!

Livery editor, tuneable cars (part upgrades), revamped career mode...

Man, it all sounds like a cross-platform Gran Turismo.

Two months! Let's go!

The way the tweet is worded I think the Livery editor is just you choose from a pre-made livery selection and change the colours

That'll do fine for me. I personally don't want to spend hours in a livery editor when that time could be better spent on track. ;)

I like this too. I dont have the skill to make intricate designs, end up with dodgy looking cars in amongst all the pretty stuff.

That being said I'd like to see both as an option.

Edit: reading this I think its bang on that it'll be editing pre made. Sounds like plenty of options to adjust.

Back