Project CARS 3 Launches to Mixed Reviews

I'll pass. Never thought i would say that when PC2 arrived and i enjoyed it. But this isnt the PC3 i expected, this isnt the PC3 i wanted. It never managed to get me excited in any way. The decisions they made are puzzling. After the whole Mad Box nonsense, i lost quite some faith in SMS. After this and Fast n Furious, its all gone.

But wait… Ian Bell and Slightly Mad told me it’s all the sim I would ever need.
Surely that’s good enough?

Lol, I just said this a bit ago to one of my gamer friends.

I pre ordered and defended and played and loved the 1st two games. They lied to us by saying PC3 still had sim elements. Liars they will be remembered by. I think they will find this was a huge mistake trying to appeal to a mass audience in a very lazy fashion.

They could have improved what we already had and the fanbase would have helped promote it and get it into the right hands.

I pre ordered and defended and played and loved the 1st two games. They lied to us by saying it still had sim elements. Liars they will be remembered by. I think they will find this was a huge mistake trying to appeal to everyone. It will not help sales. It will be the end.
Im surprised that people didn’t learn to take what Ian says with a grain of salt considering the previous two games. People who bought and listened to what was said in the run up to previous games that is. Anyway, I think that’s as much of a beating to a dead horse as people complaining that it’s not sim enough is.

Personally, I hope game does well enough for SMS to keep going and maybe have more sim elements on next gen platforms. It would be sad to see one less competitor for GT/Forza.

I pre ordered and defended and played and loved the 1st two games. They lied to us by saying PC3 still had sim elements. Liars they will be remembered by. I think they will find this was a huge mistake trying to appeal to a mass audience in a very lazy fashion.

They could have improved what we already had and the fanbase would have helped promote it and get it into the right hands.
Spot on

They lied to us.
This sums the whole situation up.

It's Driveclub 2. Not Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator 3. It should never have been advertised as such.

They could have just said right away it was gonna be different, they could've called it Project CARS: Revolution (pictured on MadBox concept art).

Nobody would have complained then. It would just be a spin-off title.

I don't know why they decided to sully the legacy of the first two games by titling this as their successor. It has backfired catastrophically on them, to the point where I fear a PCARS4 might never happen.

Such a massive shame, all due to poor marketing decisions.

I'm still curious about the physics on a wheel though...if only there was a demo.

I am completely baffled by there decision to go this route. Based on what I have seen from this fan base, I can't imagine the number of people who play racing games for entertainment and arcade style fun outnumbers players who take sim racing serious and love the competition on it. That's why games like NFS exist.

Ian was so prevalent around the release of PC1 and PC2 , wheres he gone ?
I remember a pretty drunk Ian on a live stream of PC2 that he ended up in that was brilliant to listen to and watch.
Just feels like this isn't his baby this time

Jimmy Broadbent confirmed my assumptions about this game. Hard pass for me.

Having played PC3 for a good few hours now, I would take both his videos with a carton of salt. Massive agenda, he didn't like PC1 or PC2 and there are some clear and blatant inaccuracies in his impressions.

Not saying you have to like the game, but his ranting on this will make me think twice before I trust his opinion on future games again. I'm not the biggest fan of this game by any means but I've given it a fair shot.

At some point I will try out this game when it's much cheaper. Right now it's waaaay over my budget, but I'm willing to give it a shot if was on Gamepass. Looks like a type of game for me. :D

My only fear is, will collecting cars be hard? I heard the career mode is grindy. I need lots of games to keep me occupied because Forza Motorsport decided to go "early in development". Still pissed about that.....

Having played PC3 for a good few hours now, I would take both his videos with a carton of salt. Massive agenda, he didn't like PC1 or PC2 and there are some clear and blatant inaccuracies in his impressions.

Not saying you have to like the game, but his ranting on this will make me think twice before I trust his opinion on future games again. I'm not the biggest fan of this game by any means but I've given it a fair shot.
He loved PC2, at least the immersion aspect of it. He literally cries in the XJR-9 at Daytona in VR.

Every time he played PC2, he said he doesn't understand why he doesn't play it more often.

He even says in this very video at 0:35 - "There's no better game for immersion than Project CARS 2".

Being someone who has played a plethora of simulators, and has experience with them, I'd say his opinions are quite credible. He is right.

A couple of fast guys on my FL have it and they reckon it's top notch physics and ffb wise. Graphics not so much. With a patch or two they reckon it'll be epic.

I trust their opinion much more than "reviewers" with an agenda.

I can't wait to play it myself now.

Graphics are ok on the pc at 4k. Wont knock your socks off but does seem more optimized with better fps than pc2. Colors definitely pop more.

I'm not entirely sure I'm seeing hdr on my TV it reports the signal as having hdr but no option to turn it off and on settings or for hdr brightness.

The fanbase recognized all the efforts in PC1 and PC2 despite some technical flaws because it was seen like a work in progress towards a perfected sim. And I am sure moving forwards in the same direction with PC3, the sentiment in the community would be the same even if the progress lacked and the game was a mere PC2.5.
But if the devs choose to make PC3 a more arcade, spin-off or fun itineration, that's legit in a sense of artistic freedom, but it better to show a polished product, keeping the best of the features, with new value and identity in terms of career, cars and tracks.
Not by showing essentially the same product, simply turning off or cutting some of the core features and improving coolness (easy driving), "crashability" and tuning for a 5 minutes show.
Gosh and even considering PC3 the "spiritual successor" of Shift U., i remember how this last was a deep improvement of NFS Shift. Not with this PC3.

I would love to try this but after GRID im not giving Codemasters $$$ I might pick up on sale or preowned.

So, PC3 sounds cool and all, but when are we getting a "Project: Community Assisted Racing Simulator" 3?

Theres Automobilista 2, which let’s face it seems closer to a true sequel to Project Cars 2 than PC3. Plus Reiza Studios haven’t ruled out bringing it to consoles later down the line and have said it could be a possibility once the PC version is at a stage they’re happy with.

He loved PC2, at least the immersion aspect of it. He literally cries in the XJR-9 at Daytona in VR.

Every time he played PC2, he said he doesn't understand why he doesn't play it more often.

He even says in this very video at 0:35 - "There's no better game for immersion than Project CARS 2".

Being someone who has played a plethora of simulators, and has experience with them, I'd say his opinions are quite credible. He is right.

One of my favourite sim racing vids of all time. I love the cars, the race, but most of all the passion for racing.

Back