Project CARS 3 Launches to Mixed Reviews

do you really think digital sale are that big? i personally will avoid ALL digital sales for as long as possible. I like being able to resell my games when ever i want to. I have recouped alot form games i will never EVER play again.
This is obviously why suppliers are pushing digital content as hard as they dare. I wish the digital version was significally cheaper.
Can we do a poll of who buys games digitally now or hard copy?

(How is GTA5 still in the charts????? great game but so old)

do you really think digital sale are that big? i personally will avoid ALL digital sales for as long as possible. I like being able to resell my games when ever i want to. I have recouped alot form games i will never EVER play again.
This is obviously why suppliers are pushing digital content as hard as they dare. I wish the digital version was significally cheaper.

In terms of current-gen I buy everything digital, saves me space and is just more convenient for me.

The only things I buy physical now are retro titles, and that's because no other option exists.

I remember reading reports that digital sales are going up in recent years, found this article from last year mention that Nordics and UK sold more through digital in the 2019 Q1, not by a huge percentage but it is increasing: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...on-the-brink-of-overtaking-physical-in-europe

Personally I've been buying digital only since I started using Steam back in 2009, even now that I play primarily on my Xbox and Switch I still end up preferring digital copies. I don't buy that many games a year, never really bother about reselling my games.

That's because visually is a mess, somethings look OK (and that's the most generous I'm going) and others look terrible.
I really hate to think we ps4 pro players got shafted on this one. :(

But with how ugly this game is on the ps4 pro i really cant think of anything else as a reason.

Metro quote as listed link earlier, i see now.

"Madden NFL 21, Project Cars 3, and Wasteland 3 have all failed to make a mark in the UK top 40 as Animal Crossing reigns supreme. You’d never guess to look at the top 10 but last week was actually quite a busy one for new releases in the UK. And yet only Madden NFL 21 managed to squeak in at number 10, with sales 43% lower than last year’s entry. Project Cars 3 did even worse, coming in only at number 17 and with sales 86% lower than Project Cars 2 – a second flop in a row for developer Slightly Mad Studios, who also made the critically lambasted Fast & Furious Crossroads."

Is there no digital charts sales anywhere?

Maybe they will be just happy to cover costs, if it was just rushed out.

"Madden NFL 21, Project Cars 3, and Wasteland 3 have all failed to make a mark in the UK top 40 as Animal Crossing reigns supreme. You’d never guess to look at the top 10 but last week was actually quite a busy one for new releases in the UK. And yet only Madden NFL 21 managed to squeak in at number 10, with sales 43% lower than last year’s entry. Project Cars 3 did even worse, coming in only at number 17 and with sales 86% lower than Project Cars 2 – a second flop in a row for developer Slightly Mad Studios, who also made the critically lambasted Fast & Furious Crossroads."

Is there no digital charts sales anywhere?

A bit off-topic, but Wasteland 3 is included in Microsofts Game Pass, so a lot folks will not buy a traditional copy (either electronic or physical). I'm not even sure how they would count those as there's never a moment of purchase? It's just there? It's also an isometric, turn based combat, RPG, so pretty hardcore. I would not expect it to be anywhere the top.

In short:

PS4>Xbox One
Xbox One X>PS4 Pro

I dunno about ouch, its about on par with PC2. Obviously it has a few of its own issues to sort but like theynsay, it looks like a limit of the engine more than anything.

Don't find so on par... performance was better on Pcars 2, even more on PS4PRO

And on base consoles I would say it's also bit more stable than PC3

In short:

PS4>Xbox One
Xbox One X>PS4 Pro

I dunno about ouch, its about on par with PC2. Obviously it has a few of its own issues to sort but like theynsay, it looks like a limit of the engine more than anything.

In which area is pcars 3 on par with pcars 2 cause that's not what i see when i play both back to back on ps4 pro.

Where Pcars 2 on pro doesn't look like a big stinky pile of 🤬

That was before the added 1X patch, the 1X still has drops but runs at a higher resolution with a tad more graphical density (check out the AI 2d wheels on the pro) you don't get them on the 1X.

Yes I personally would've liked better frame rate instead of boosted gfx but I didn't make the game, if I did then I would have prioritised frame rate (this includes ACC as well)

Last edited:

Not talking about performance or visuals, when I say on par, I'm talking about where it falls short, big grids, bad weather, cluttered circuits. It suffers and excels in the same areas.

In which area is pcars 3 on par with pcars 2 cause that's not what i see when i play both back to back on ps4 pro.

Where Pcars 2 on pro doesn't look like a big stinky pile of 🤬

Again, as above, talking in relation to the video clearly. Everywhere it falls short is on a par with PC2. Full grids, at the back, heavy weather, congested circuits/Street circuits. I.e. a really specific set of criteria to cripple the game and it shows the limitations of Madness engine.

Also. For the record, whilst I sympathise with those who think it looks garbage and are playing on platforms that suffer more, my experience has on the whole been positive when relating to the graphical performance. To MY eye, 99% of the time it is on a par, and in some areas better than, PC2. When there are issues, they are glaring, and for some it seems the issues are more regular than in PC2, and more regular than I'm experiencing while playing. As said in my write up I've experienced 1 case of poor graphical performance on a night race at Texas with a 21 car field, the resolution dropped to the lowest I've seen and the AA seemed to disappear. That's happened once in about 12 hours play.

I have it set to prioritise resolution, I have noticed screen tearing occasionally but for me it hasn't been as bad as some have made out, maybe its just my eyes, maybe its how my TV is setup, I dont know.

First night online tonight. Custom lobby. Stock F355 Challenges for most of it.

Best nights racing I've had in years.
This game is absolutely superb, any simracer worth their salt couldn't help but agree.

I challenge, - see what what I did there?!, anyone who owns this game and still isn't quite sure about it to try this combo out and tell me honestly that you don't love it.

I'm on PS4 if you want to jump in with Savoury and I any time. We had about ten random clean racing folk in with us tonight before we had to depart due to advanced inebriation.

I made an interesting experiment tonight: I switched off the rumble in my Xbox pad and made some tests runs in PC3 and Forza 7. The superiority of the joystick control and brake and throttle triggers (deadzones) in PC3 is clear. And on the graphics side, I actually prefer both the lighting and color palette of PC3 over FM7 which I find drab and boring (mind you, I’m on a 1440p panel that does good colors, but can’t display HDR.)

I made an interesting experiment tonight: I switched off the rumble in my Xbox pad and made some tests runs in PC3 and Forza 7. The superiority of the joystick control and brake and throttle triggers (deadzones) in PC3 is clear. And on the graphics side, I actually prefer both the lighting and color palette of PC3 over FM7 which I find drab and boring (mind you, I’m on a 1440p panel that does good colors, but can’t display HDR.)

Xbox One or Xbox One X?
Because even though the lighting in FM7 is often boring (but please make you a favour and try with HDR), the overal graphical quality of F7 on One X is literally amazing.

If there was a system seller for the One X, it was F7.

Unfortunately PC3 does not get even close, they are two separate planets.

True on the controller, I agree with you.

I have the One X. I agree on the overall quality and visual detail on Forza; however there are other things that PC3 does that make it a better experience for me at this point.

Xbox One or Xbox One X?
Whoever tell you the graphics are good or better than any game must play on X1X. Only a blind person will say the game looks good on OG one or one s. The difference between FM7 and PC3 is at least 2 generation apart on one S. Like I said before. If you look graphics alone this game shouldn't have been offered to those consoles owners. Or at least they deserve a warning.

Whoever tell you the graphics are good or better than any game must play on X1X. Only a blind person will say the game looks good on OG one or one s. The difference between FM7 and PC3 is at least 2 generation apart on one S. Like I said before. If you look graphics alone this game shouldn't have been offered to those consoles owners. Or at least they deserve a warning.

The difference is evident on the One X as well, and is very very evident.

And yes, I agree with you. I actually don't get why the people try to defend the graphics of this game on consoles.

Firstly, this game has a lot of other qualities (mainly gameplay), but graphics are not one of these, and there is nothing wrong to admit it.

Secondly, as a potential customer interested in a game, I would surely appreciate if someone is honest about a game, about its pros and cons, so I can consciously make a buying decision.
Instead of reading "best graphics evah" or "the graphics are actually good", and then find out that this was not exactly the case.

Same. The game is really fun and I can see a lot of potential. And maybe next gen will fix graphics for a while.

But I also want motorsport and past handling back. Even a spin off once every generation would be enough for me. :)

Same. The game is really fun and I can see a lot of potential. And maybe next gen will fix graphics for a while.

But I also want motorsport and past handling back. Even a spin off once every generation would be enough for me. :)
I personally haven't lost hope on a upgrade for ps5.

Just noticed that the Metascore for PC3 has dropped down to 70 on PS4 (68 on PC and 71 on Xbox)!

That's a hit in comparison to the first two in the series.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/project-cars-3
Not one bit surprise you don't release a game with such 🤬 graphics and your target audience is the gt and forza.

Plus you have all the graphical glitches which happen alot.

All that combine sadly will out shine the gameplay which overall is really good.

And look at that user score. I guess recycling and cutting content, dumbed physics, graphics issues and other bugs don't go unnoticed this days.
It's still a fun game........

Not one bit surprise you don't release a game with such 🤬 graphics and your target audience is the gt and forza.

Plus you have all the graphical glitches which happen alot.

All that combine sadly will out shine the gameplay which overall is really good.

Problem is that with this reception and the low sales numbers, after launch support may not be as massive as it should.

And will be a real pity, because with more polish and attention this game could be really great.

I honestly don't know what they were expecting when they planned to release it in such status.

Back