Project CARS 3 Legends Pack Now Available, Yas Marina Circuit Free to All

Did they fix the car pack for the season pass holders for the xbox it kept trying to charge to the credit card but I didn't want to do it I got nervous did they fix it does anybody know there was an issue with the xbox for season pass holders for the new deal sci car pack

It's fixed now, I had the same problem yesterday morning.

Here we go. Let's just say I wanted to play PC3, but in real life with toys. The closest I could get, are slot cars.

Before I even buy pieces to make replica tracks, how about I price one car. Something similar to what is in PC3:

Scalextric BMW E30 1988 Peter Brock Bathurst #56

$89.99

Regardless if some feel Australia has monopoly money, the dollar is worth zilch, etc. In order for me to enjoy racing, I have to shell out way more than I would, if I had to pay £8/$16 for "only" three cars.

Come on, folks. For the price of take out, you get to enjoy three(six) cars and a track with three layouts. If that's all the game came with, that's still good value for money.

Last edited:
Here we go. Let's just say I wanted to play PC3, but in real life with toys. The closest I could get, are slot cars.

Before I even buy pieces to make replica tracks, how about I price one car. Something similar to what is in PC3:

$89.99

Regardless if some feel Australia has monopoly money, the dollar is worth zilch, etc. In order for me to enjoy racing, I have to shell out way more than I would, if I had to pay £8/$16 for "only" three cars.

Come on, folks. For the price of take out, you get to enjoy three(six) cars and a track with three layouts. If that's all the game came with, that's still good value for money.
I guess it's all relative. I paid £45 for the game and got over 200 cars. To pay £8 for another 3 (or 6!) seems excessive to me.

I guess it's all relative. I paid £45 for the game and got over 200 cars. To pay £8 for another 3 (or 6!) seems excessive to me.
Of course. My Scalextric Bathurst track cost $300 and included two V8 Supercars. As I posted above, one car bought separately, is $90. Definitely excessive, but that's what it is.

Last edited:

$89.99

Back a few years ago, you could have bought Gran Turismo Sport for less than what it sold for at launch and got more than six completely unique cars almost every month for zilch. Not to mention you'd always get a new track/layouts for existing tracks and the models are way higher quality.

I don't understand anyone who supports paid DLC nowadays for only a handful of cars. Polyphony showed you can recuperate your losses and make people interested buying a game way after launch through extensive and free support.

I don't understand anyone who supports paid DLC nowadays for only a handful of cars. Polyphony showed you can recuperate your losses and make people interested buying a game way after launch through extensive and free support.
First-parties are a little different in this case as they likely don’t “need” to make a profit; they just need to be good enough games to sell consoles (or Game Pass in the case of Xbox) and Sony/Microsoft will back them up.

Independent racing game developers (especially those publicly listed on the stock exchange) don’t have that luxury and have to do what they feel is best to break even or turn a profit.

Games are an entertainment medium and creating an enjoyable experience for a player is certainly important, but it’s also a business at the end of the day. Contrary to popular opinion, DLC doesn’t “sell” games as much as people think, unless it’s something outstanding like a big expansion, the best example being Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the DLC and upgrade...

...in short, SMS are wasting the potential of the Madness engine!

Interesting video. Bit about Fernando doesn't shock me after him being not hugely well-liked when he did the AOR socials as well combined with the attitudes of Nathan Bell in the run-up to the game.

"You don't know you want it" is a common joke among my group of people.

This just continues to confirm why I didn't buy it. Massive change of philosophy and so many toys out of the sandbox, it's just sand in a box.

The comments about the NSX being dull are just the opposite of what I had in PCARS2 as well. I drove the F355 for the first time and it's just a joy to drive. With the original NSX being what it is, I'd expect a similar experience from it.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the DLC and upgrade...

...in short, SMS are wasting the potential of the Madness engine!

To be fair, I need to admit that I haven't been harassed or anything - just publicly told off on official Discord that I'm complaining too much on various platforms... I've posted here about the problems with download, on Discord (hoping to get some help which I finally had from the other SMS staff member who's normally not very active there) and replied to one of the official Twitter posts (which might have been most annoying I think).

I've decided to edit my posts to blank and I've asked Jordan in a private message - where I've explained what's happened to delete my posts. It was sorely my decision:

Screenshot_20201104-201700~2.png

I'm not going to post @FernandoM76 reply here as he will say his opinion if he would like to but I had another public conversation with him last night hoping to explain everything. I felt publicly laughed off then so I've decided to completely limit my activity there only to a gameplay discussion, help to other users or giving my own opinion which can be supported by this post.

Please note that this is my private opinion and I've only explained how I felt after the conversation with the company representative.

EDIT:

Excuse my English as it's not my native language.

EDIT 2:

I'm not going to give any other explanations or continuation of this thread as my decision about the activity is final and I'm still a big fan of SMS games starting from Shift series through FRL to PCARS. Fan of the games.

Last edited:
To be fair, I need to admit that I haven't been harassed or anything - just publicly told off on official Discord that I'm complaining too much on various platforms... I've posted here about the problems with download, on Discord (hoping to get some help which I finally had from the other SMS staff member who's normally not very active there) and replied to one of the official Twitter posts (which might have been most annoying I think).

I've decided to edit my posts to blank and I've asked Jordan in a private message - where I've explained what's happened to delete my posts. It was sorely my decision:

View attachment 969548

I'm not going to post @FernandoM76 reply here as he will say his opinion if he would like to but I had another public conversation with him last night hoping to explain everything. I felt publicly laughed off then so I've decided to completely limit my activity there only to a gameplay discussion, help to other users or giving my own opinion which can be supported by this post.

Please note that this is my private opinion and I've only explained how I felt after the conversation with the company representative.

EDIT:

Excuse my English as it's not my native language.

EDIT 2:

I'm not going to give any other explanations or continuation of this thread as my decision about the activity is final and I'm still a big fan of SMS games starting from Shift series through FRL to PCARS. Fan of the games.
I have to be honest it sounds exactly like passive aggressive harassment towards you to remove comments that you should be free to post.

I respect your choice to not continue the conversation, but I have to be honest in my own view that your treatment by him was out of order and his comment on the discord deeply patronising. Your comments didn’t deserve that treatment, and I can assure you that your posts (which I saw before you edited them) were perfectly acceptable.

I'd be grateful if you would add an explanation of the situation to the description of your video. You already know my point of view: fan of their GAMES - that's it.

I'd be grateful if you would add an explanation of the situation to the description of your video. You already know my point of view: fan of their GAMES - that's it.
More than happy to link in this thread to the description, and just to let you know that I’m a fan of their past titles as well*. I just feel that PC3 is a massive wasted opportunity that alienated the existing fan base and utterly failed to attract a new one.

*To the degree that I’ve now actually purchased PC2 three times, physical and digital on PS4 and digital on Steam. Also still have my copies of both Shift titles, Test Drive Ferrari and all three Project Cars.

Last edited:
...*To the degree that I’ve now actually purchased PC2 three times, physical and digital on PS4 and digital on Steam. Also still have my copies of both Shift titles, Test Drive Ferrari and all three Project Cars.

Just like me - but varied quantities of the titles :cheers:

I obviously misunderstood; the track IS free. Great! :)
However, it therefore looks like all you get for £8 is 3 cars. Not so great... :ill:
For me that depends on the car(s) and the dev team.

As an example I will happily pay £4 for a single car, as I did with the Cupra eRacer in R3E, as the quality of the car is excellent and it’s a small (10 or 11 people) team. I accept that part of the cost goes towards supporting them and the title.

I will be looking forward to try the DLC myself soon but first I need to complete the base content. I just platinum PC3 today and just reached TC B catagory.

It annoys me more that they turned the NSX into a dull, under steering piece of crap.
Just completed the DLC today. The road version certainly felt “safe” whereas the RX-7 was a joy to throw around.

I did like how the Career events for the DLC encouraged you to upgrade the cars to higher Classes as you went on though.

The cars I liked most from the list were the road-based RX-7 and the race spec NSX.

Just completed the DLC today. The road version certainly felt “safe” whereas the RX-7 was a joy to throw around.

I did like how the Career events for the DLC encouraged you to upgrade the cars to higher Classes as you went on though.

The cars I liked most from the list were the road-based RX-7 and the race spec NSX.
Like you, I really enjoy the RX-7 in the Road E and Road D events, but I really struggle with it in Road C tune. It must be me, but in the higher level tune my RX-7 is constantly pulling to the left or right under braking or acceleration, and it's generally far less stable for me than in the Road E and Road D events.

As there's not much chance of me improving my performance (!) do you have any suggestions as to how I might improve the car's stability as a Road C car? Any advice gratefully received!

At a certain point I think I just went screw it and bought an Evo 6 :D

By the end of the DLC events I was driving a 700BHP race version and throwing it around the corners. It was essentially a Time Attack Evo at that point.

Last edited:
At a certain point I think I just went screw it and bought an Evo 6 :D

By the end of the DLC events I was driving a 700BHP race version and throwing it around the corners. It was essentially a Time Attack Evo at that point.
Ah, thanks. A big hairy Evo it is then!

Ah, thanks. A big hairy Evo it is then!
By the time I reached the final stages of the DLC races, because I'd done reasonably well in the lower classes using a race conversion 1999 Skyline, I thought I'd give that a go in the open category races.
I consider myself only average at best, but using a fully loaded Skyline I found myself winning easily, even with difficulty set to 'Very Hard' and aggression at 'Very aggressive'.
It doesn't reflect any great ability on my part, but it's a terrific endorsement of the Skyline in race conversion form! 👍

Considering getting pc3.

If you by the DLC, can you race the 6 cars straight away in free player single race mode? Of do you have to buy them with in game credits first?

Back