Project CARS 3 Livery Editor Previewed in New Video

I as well like this setup...it’s perfect for me. Something like this was all I was looking for in the pcars universe. Last time I attempted liveries and was happy with them was shift 1 lol.

The GTSport editor who has been there for 3 years is incomparable, so far it is clear. It can be a game within another game. In addition to that, taking good pictures of a super design, of yourself or someone you shared, is an ideal environment for many players. I very much hope that the GT7 will bring, if not this, another, even better, with svg30kb... alongside that with a super circuit maker,,, everyone happy!

I think it would be great if players could make custom sponsors with an in-game editor or by uploading files in a similar way to GT Sport.

Codies - "here...use this livery editor"
220px-Race_Driver_-_GRID_%28box_art%29.png

SMS - "Thanx"

The GTSport editor who has been there for 3 years is incomparable, so far it is clear. It can be a game within another game. In addition to that, taking good pictures of a super design, of yourself or someone you shared, is an ideal environment for many players. I very much hope that the GT7 will bring, if not this, another, even better, with svg30kb... alongside that with a super circuit maker,,, everyone happy!

It isn't trying to compare to GTS. To the typical gamer or casual player, or even more hardcore players like me, cannot be bothered and lack the time and probably the skills to spend hours finicking over a livery or trying to figure out importing and stuff. They've deliberately gone for an easier system that gives everyone a chance to have a decent looking livery with minimal effort.

Good to see real sponsors too unlike F1. I'm pretty sure I saw Gulf, Advan, Bilstein, and Logitech. Can anyone tell me if the others are fictional or just local sponsors?

Good to see real sponsors too unlike F1. I'm pretty sure I saw Gulf, Advan, Bilstein, and Logitech. Can anyone tell me if the others are fictional or just local sponsors?

There's definitely a lot of fictional ones in there. There's a few categories also dedicated to fictional sponors and one labelled historic but i didn't see him go in there.

I didn't think I would like the livery editor in GTS, but now I spend more time recreating historic liveries and photographing them than racing - I find it relaxing to do with some great music in the background!

If the SMS system enables me to do stripes and has a good range of historic decals that will be enough for me - if and when I do pick up the game. For GTS I waited till it was £9.99 and had plenty of classic content.

As somebody that would spend 20 hours making something like this (below) in Forza, I welcome a less time-intensive editor like what Project CARS 3 has :)

Logo making is an incredibly tedious process when you strive for accuracy (especially on Forza where you must make everything yourself in order to share designs), so taking that out of the window certainly helps make the feature more enjoyable.

61868bd5-7bfe-406b-b7ec-cfc08dbe39eb_rw_1920.jpg

It isn't trying to compare to GTS. To the typical gamer or casual player, or even more hardcore players like me, cannot be bothered and lack the time and probably the skills to spend hours finicking over a livery or trying to figure out importing and stuff. They've deliberately gone for an easier system that gives everyone a chance to have a decent looking livery with minimal effort.
The problem is, there is a comparison, just that it is so weak ... as already shown, this editor has already appeared on the Grid (ps3), puts a pub on the car's hood, two or four on the left side, one on the rear, etc., and because it is so easy, it loses interest.

The problem is, there is a comparison, just that it is so weak ... as already shown, this editor has already appeared on the Grid (ps3), puts a pub on the car's hood, two or four on the left side, one on the rear, etc., and because it is so easy, it loses interest.

Yeah thats what I mean. They are totally different approaches so no they can't really be compared. The comparison should be to PC2 really as that didn't have an editor at all.

Plenty of games have had this style of editor anyway, not just Grid.

Yeah thats what I mean. They are totally different approaches so no they can't really be compared. The comparison should be to PC2 really as that didn't have an editor at all.

Plenty of games have had this style of editor anyway, not just Grid.
About that, Kaz was very smart .. he saw great potential in this area, making it different from everyone else ,,,

About that, Kaz was very smart .. he saw great potential in this area, making it different from everyone else ,,,

Indeed. It is good, not the first to do it outright but certainly one of the first on console. Still needs time and skill and effort beyond a lot of people to get good results. But yeah its totally different so nkt really comparable. Ones a paint shop/livery creator and ones a livery editor.

Indeed. It is good, not the first to do it outright but certainly one of the first on console. Still needs time and skill and effort beyond a lot of people to get good results. But yeah its totally different so nkt really comparable. Ones a paint shop/livery creator and ones a livery editor.

Also, one is a company with resources writing for their own console, and the other is a third party company producing a game on multiple formats.

There's benefits to all versions, really.

In terms of moderation (very important, since you give people any creative tool and they'll be jerks about it), only first-party studios have the support and bandwidth to manage all the reports and NSFW stuff that comes in. Even so, Forza is still struggling and they've had their creator in games for over a decade.

The "use presets with a little bit of freedom" method Project CARS 3 uses sidesteps that monumental challenge entirely, while also maintaining the possibility to create a decent-looking custom design, as there are enough patterns and logos available.

GT Sport Trending decals...:lol:

Also, are you still Social Media Manager for DR2.0 or do you cover other games now as well?
I'm the Social Media Manager for the DiRT Rally series, and a content creator for F1 2020.

For F1, all the tutorials on the official channel are done by me, and I've recently been taking official screenshots too (Spanish GP was my first set). I also create all the master thumbnails for the trailers, and I was the one driving in the Hotlap series of videos.

I'm the Social Media Manager for the DiRT Rally series, and a content creator for F1 2020.

For F1, all the tutorials on the official channel are done by me, and I've recently been taking official screenshots too (Spanish GP was my first set). I also create all the master thumbnails for the trailers, and I was the one driving in the Hotlap series of videos.
Nice! I've been quite impressed with the quality of the tutorials, especially the AI and ERS ones!

Next Friday boys. Next Friday we’ll be able to experience everything i
n the game. Is there a list of the wheels that will be on the game?

I still remember Vettel comlpaining about modern F1 cars being more about playing a piano with all these buttons and functions on the steering wheel since DRS and ers and all that crap was added, than the very driving of the car. He was so right, and now there's even more damned electronic stuff added...

On the livery aspect, I think it seems good enough for something i wasn't expecting at all. Also, was the editor of the original grid that bad for some?, I mean I know Forza editor raised the bar too high, but hey grids original was very cool and lotta less complicated as well. One of the best designs I made back then was with that editor, and it took me ten minutes only.

Back