Project CARS 3 Plans Free Post-Launch DLC Tracks

In the context of the conversation its relevant. I see this a lot from people who claim to have comfortable controller settings or enjoy the pad handling, they all seem unable to just post their settings for others to try..
I understand what you're saying,I guess what I meant was I don't see how it would help someone trying to play this game properly while I'm just messing around,turning the ai down etc.

I understand what you're saying,I guess what I meant was I don't see how it would help someone trying to play this game properly while I'm just messing around,turning the ai down etc.

Because me and you may be much more alike than you think. :D

There's something about fictional circuits that makes them better candidates for driving in reverse. Maybe it's that they're not designed quite as carefully, or maybe it's just me. :)

Trying to drive a real circuit I'm familiar with backwards is like trying to write with my left hand, and being expected to do the same on a real circuit I haven't learned yet just feels rude (looking at you, Grid Autosport).

A personal favourite (from my reading about motorsport) is Meadowdale International Raceway - it was built in the 1950's during a crazed rush to cash in on the sports car racing boom - as a result everything about it had to be the biggest, the best, the most extreme - so we have the longest straightaway in America (0.75 miles) - the steepest banked corner (the Monza Wall - 7 degrees steeper than old Monza). The cars passing by each other at one point separated only by wooden posts - the cars racing past an old grain silo - how much more fun can you have in a game SMS than racing on a track considered too dangerous even in the 1950's!
You nailed the value of a sim, and racing games more broadly. I don't get it when sims are loaded up primarily or almost exclusively with safe, wide, modern circuits. Modern circuits certainly have their place in games too, but there's so much more you can do with a virtual environment that does not depend on maintaining safety for drivers and spectators. It is also true that there's no limit to circuits that still exist to be laser-scanned -- PCARS2's selection of historic circuits is a superb example.

I crave dynamic, thrilling ribbons to drive upon. For a sim like Project CARS, obscure, historic, hardcore circuits are great. Keep 'em coming. :)

Few tracks I would welcome as DLC in PC3.

Zandvoort. - Really enjoyed driving on this track in Assetto Corsa.. Was ofcourse suposse to hold it's first Dutch GP since 1985 but ofcourse due to you know what, was cancelled.

Macau - Ever since the first Project Cars game this track has been rumored.. Time for it to become true.

Thruxton - Fastest Track in the UK.. Would be an awesome edition.

Croft - Another great UK Track.. Shame Rallycross doesnt look like it's a thing in Project Cars anymore as this track has a Rallycross version aswell.

90's/00's Silverstone - Another classic track.

Sebring - Always enjoyed this track on Forza so it would love it in PC3.

In the context of the conversation its relevant. I see this a lot from people who claim to have comfortable controller settings or enjoy the pad handling, they all seem unable to just post their settings for others to try..

Do you still have my post, simply don't have them ready to post every time really:). Or may be you know where I can store them in my forum profile to everyone been able to see?

Select private testing. Exit the pits and turn right. Off you go. Enjoy, or not! ;)

Shameful dirty move, if you ask me.

Adding the tracks as free DLC does make you wonder whats in the season pass that costs 50% the price of the base game though ... although I found this that seems to support this:

Electrifying racing action awaits with the Project CARS 3 Season Pack.

Four carefully curated packs will push you further into the world of racing with a collection of 12 totally unique and desirable cars, race conversion kits, over 60 Career Tours, 100s of Customisation Assets along with Trophies and Achievements.

Last edited:
Sebring both new and old - however I suspect that like that other famous airfield circuit, Silverstone, the old layouts might be much better to race on than the current layout. A fictional old Sebring would be nice - with the wide airfield sections marked out by barrels and bales, old aircraft and the narrow twisty sections. There even used to be aircraft taking off during races!

Can't believe T10 missed out on that, given their love of "turning up track side details to 11".
Although I hope they get around to doing this as a special event one day.

Sounds like they couldn’t get the licensing for the tracks ready in time for the games release and plan to add them later on in patches. All in all I’m curious to see how PC3 shapes up and what the verdict is once it’s released.

Definitely not willing to preorder this time though as I felt quite burned by the shocking state of PC2 on release with bugs on the PS4 version and the passive aggressive manner of SMS whenever anything negative was brought up at the time on their official forums. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the game a few patches in after some of the issues were ironed out but still made me cautious about any future projects they released.

I’m not entirely against the direction they’ve taken with PC3 and feel like it could work as something different and as a companion to PC1 and 2. Will be keeping an eye on how things are on release and if the feedback is positive then I’ll be more happy with taking the plunge on the new game.

Maybe real racing series like F1, LMP, & NASCAR will fallow suit & get rid of pit stops & tire wear too. You know...so it'd be more fun!

Latest Posts

Back