Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
^ I loved forza because it's the only game that the car list had the race cars I wanted to drive (DTM ?LMP1 / LMP2 / V8 SuperCars ) excluding Formula cars. If pCARS can bring that to the table I'd probably stop playing all other racing sims and just play the occasional arcade one .

Ginettas GT cars are coming to pCARS.

G55 GT3 , G50 GT4 and the G40 Junior.

Look Here

ginetta-new.jpg

Last edited:
Just a wild guess, but... when the first one is ready?! :D

PS: Can wait to rock that fat badunkadunk G55 around the track! Great stuff!

Just a wild guess, but... when the first one is ready?! :D

PS: Can wait to rock that fat badunkadunk G55 around the track! Great stuff!

:P
I will beat your sorry Ginetta butt with my BMW Z3 GT3 whenever it's ready!!:dopey:

Anyone download 277 yet? How does the rain look? I saw some screenshots on wmd and thought it looked nice. Are there windshield effects as well?

bermudakid

Look Here

I see the "every time I visit this thread there's something good happening" comment a lot in this thread and until now I've resisted commenting the same but, damn, every time I visit this thread I want it.

I can't honestly see how this game can be anything other than utterly brilliant.

Jav
I will beat your sorry Ginetta butt with my BMW Z3 GT3 whenever it's ready!!:dopey:

Sorry to rain on your parade buddy, but there is no such thing as a Z3 GT3... So have fun walkin round the track, I ll wave whenever I swoosh by in my Ginnie! :D

Jav

If SMS grab an Audi license and the R8 LMS or any other GT3 cars for that matter I'm going to beat both of you.

True Story. :D

The rain effects don't really like that good right now, but I assume they will be improving drastically between now and release.

I yearn to play this game with every fibre of my being!

I haven't yet switched to PC racing and haven't played any of the builds, so I am only going by what I have read and watched so far, also I haven't had the chance to try iRacing or other PC sims, so only have my PS3 racing/driving games to compare this to....

The sounds, the graphics, the sense of speed look amazing. I just watched the vid of the rookie race and despite the beauty of the graphics it still looked raw and gritty, just like I imagine a real motor race to be like!

For obvious reasons (and please forgive me), I have to compare it to shift 2 in regards to the immersion I felt when driving it, it felt like you were really racing, really battling with other drivers and like any mistake you made was going to have serious consequences, unlike other driving games or sims.

I understand of course that this will be nothing like shift 2 in terms of handling and physics, and maybe everything else!

pCARS looks like it's going to put you in the driving seat of a race car like no other game/sim has done before, it's going to get your heart racing, make your palms sweat and make you feel like your trying to control a mechanical snarling beast at top speed while trying to out race your opponents!

There are going to be a lot of lonely wifes and girfriends when this bad boy is released!!

It's certainly very promising at this still early point.

As I say to other people that don't have a PC to play the game if you have at least €10 to spare you can still help the team out and keep more up to date with it's progress on the official forums if you wish. You'll be adding to the funds and you'll get that back in the form of a discount on the final game so it's win win. :)

Hi SimonK

I am definately going to consider some sort of membership, 10 Euros seems a small price to pay to be part of something special like this, plus like you say, discount on the final price of the game, win win!

Most devs have been on vacation for the last couple of weeks, so don't expect miracles from 254->277. Mainly tracks have been updated, particularly Nords and Suzuka. Of course clouds have improved and 1st version of rain added.

Turns out I had 254 installed but never played it, the last version I know I played was all the way back at 226 O_o

bermudakid

Look Here

Great. I like the cars but didn't know them before. We get more and more GT3 cars. I can't understand why PD coudn't get a few GT3 license for premium cars.

Da-Bomber
So will the car count be over 100?

We don't know yet. I think we have over 50 licensed cars now.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
The community poll indicated that 50+ cars is what the project should be targeting. This way each car will get the attention to detail it deserves, without the feeling of over-saturation (i.e. GT5's Nissan Skylines).

By the looks of things we'll have at least 60-70, maybe more cars. I think I'd rather have them fewer cars with fleshed out physics rather than 100+ cars with iffy handling. Quality beats quantity any day in my book.

SMS's original goal was 75+ cars in game I believe and Ian or someone said that they will for sure surpass that.

I'm hoping for 100+ cars, we still need cars from some of the awesome manufacturers like
Audi, Mercedes, Chevy, McLaren, Aston Martin, Nissan, Honda, Toyota & Mazda.

Covering all the touring cars / GT cars / Le Mans ^^^ :lol:

5 cars from each of those brands would really make this game le* Epic.

If you look at the image below, it shows the intended cars they want in the game, with ticks next to the cars they already have licensed/built. If you notice, there are still 8 categories they haven't touched yet, and 17 cars within the categories that have representations still missing. That comes to a total of at least 25 cars to be announced.

Edit: Was reminded about NDA, so piccy goes.

Last edited:
There is a nice document in the career design that shows what cars they plan to licence for each simulated series. There are still some series missing a car at all:

Stock car ladder 1, 2, semi pro
Touring ladder 1, 2
Small prototype, sub-Radical SR3
Formula ladder 3, 4, Indy

Then again, they exceeded that document already in some places, the Z4 GT3 wasnt part of that for example or the Aussie V8 Ford.

In my personal opinion (so please dont shoot), I wish they d have focused more on filling the career mode series with the most cars possible and kept the special/historic cars out of the main game. I dont see the sense in the 1940 BMW 328 for the main game for example, they could have made stuff like that, the historic F1s or 1980 touring cars dedicated DLC instead.

Imagine: A historic F1 DLC with the cars and tracks of the 1967, 1978 and 1986 season and a dedicated career mode branch. Or a 1980s DTM/BTCC DLC with the M3, Sierra Cosworth, Audi V8, Merc 190E. How awesome would that be and who in their right mind wouldnt buy that in a heartbeat?!

The current "something for everyone" approach imho takes quite a bit of the impact those things could have away imho.

The historic F1 I think will be a seperate career branch within the game. From what I seem to remember, there will be a section off the main menu for historic racing. Hopefully they will include the tracks as DLC.

I think it will depend on when the PS4 is released. If it released, as predictions indicate, Christmas 2013, then it will probably be released about a year-18 months into its lifespan. Late 2014 - Summer 2015 would be a reasonable guess, depending on the sales of pCARS. SMS have been canny in the release schedule, looking at getting it out during the summer when there are few games released, giving gamers few other options for a new game.

Back