Project CARS Reviews!

I've only done about 32 races so far but I would say the game lies within the 8.8/10 range

+ That car list yo.
+ Spectacular physics
+ 60FPS!!

-Feels a bit vague in menu design
-Willow Springs(one of my favorite tracks) looks bloody awful for some reason

Where did he throw away his objectivity exactly? He gave it a 5 because it is a flawed game in so many ways.
I'll generalise - GT fans gave it 10/10, non-fans gave it 8/10, former fans gave it 5/10.

Former fans tend to have so much perspective that they lose their perspective, and just end up with an axe to grind. On a budget (used PS3 $100, used DFGT $20, GT6 $20) it's in a league of it's own. Outside of that budget it's still pretty damn good.

I'm far too busy enjoying other stuff, and far too balanced, to continue the tantrum and stamp my feet in perpetuity.

Congrats to SMS and the community. Your sim went way beyond where I thought it would, aspiration wise. I'm yet to experience it for myself though.

I'll generalise - GT fans gave it 10/10, non-fans gave it 8/10, former fans gave it 5/10.

Former fans tend to have so much perspective that they lose their perspective, and just end up with an axe to grind. On a budget (used PS3 $100, used DFGT $20, GT6 $20) it's in a league of it's own. Outside of that budget it's still pretty damn good.

I'm far too busy enjoying other stuff, and far too balanced, to continue the tantrum and stamp my feet in perpetuity.

Congrats to SMS and the community. Your sim went way beyond where I thought it would, aspiration wise. I'm yet to experience it for myself though.
That's a bit of a generalization indeed. If you would read his review he makes valid points on everything that's wrong with the series (and that's a lot), so 5/10 is justified even though it might seem harsh. For example he gave FM5 and FH2 a 7 so he is just a critical reviewer that's all.

That's a bit of a generalization indeed.
Hence why I called it one.

If you would read his review he makes valid points on everything that's wrong with the series
So, happy to place it within the context of a series (which is irrelevant), but not within the context of what other titles were available on the console (which is highly relevant).

I'm long past GT, but you don't seem to be. Stamp away.

I'll be largely disregarding opinions from recently reformed GT players when reading PCARS reviews. Not with a thousand wet towels in a thousand change rooms would there be that much butt hurt generated.

Hence why I called it one.
Hence why i used the word 'indeed' :dopey:

So, happy to place it within the context of a series (which is irrelevant), but not within the context of what other titles were available on the console (which is highly relevant).
Oh i used the word 'series', so observative of you to prove that is irrelevant. Should i have used the word 'game' and that would be more convincing? As in the game was flawed? And what on earth do other titles being available on the console have to do with it, does that make the score one particular game receives more relevant?

I'm long past GT, but you don't seem to be. Stamp away.
Doesn't seem like it, i said he had the balls to give it a 5 and you get all pissy about it.

I'll be largely disregarding opinions from recently reformed GT players when reading PCARS reviews. Not with a thousand wet towels in a thousand change rooms would there be that much butt hurt generated.
Well then you'll have to disregard 95% of the opinions here, as that is probably the amount of former GT players. FYI in the last years I owned and played; GT5, FM4, Race Pro, Grid, Shift, the F1 games, AC and R3R. How does that validate my opinion about racing games in general? You gonna disregard that too :rolleyes:

This is all I see:

What's this, then?

With a curious, "crowd sourced" development process and more delays than Crossrail, Project CARS (yes, that is an acronym, a bit tragically, for Community Assisted Racing Simulator) had all the hallmarks of arriving as a total lemon of a racing game.

It comes as a pleasant surprise, then, that this slavishly hardcore driving sim is something of a triumph.

Words: Rory Buckeridge

Is that all of the review? Seems just a paragraph.

Bit sad to just see the stig as the header of their webpage. Still weird knowing TG is no more (or at least not like we are used to knowing it).

image.jpg

Whats up with Willow Springs? Ive not visited that track yet in Pcars but have been looking forward to doing so!!

Visually it just isn't nice at all, it looks washed out and makes a lifeless desert look more lifeless! :lol: Track itself is great, although it feels a bit easier than GT6's.

Sitting on a pretty high Metacritic now, highest rated racer I think for a while (MK8 aside), really pleased.

Back