Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
More Japanese content in Revolution? At least a bone thrown?

'Throw me a fricken bone man'... Yes. Working hard on it. If I may say so the licensing issues here are 90% of the problem. I'm not sure if it's a language or a cultural or a whatever issue it is but when we sign a deal with Japanese companies they are always solid, trustworthy and fair. It's getting to that stage that has always been a challenge. When the Japanese come on board they tend to stay the course and are amenable and flexible ongoing. Maybe it's our issue, but we try. We try hard...

'Throw me a fricken bone man'... Yes. Working hard on it. If I may say so the licensing issues here are 90% of the problem. I'm not sure if it's a language or a cultural or a whatever issue it is but when we sign a deal with Japanese companies they are always solid, trustworthy and fair. It's getting to that stage that has always been a challenge. When the Japanese come on board they tend to stay the course and are amenable and flexible ongoing. Maybe it's our issue, but we try. We try hard...
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming working with Bamco has made this a ton easier but still hard. Eagerly waiting for PCR :D

Another thing that would benefit the game would be regular free updates in terms of cars and tracks. This gets people back into the game later on. I even believe this can exist besided a possible DLC package.

Since everybody is throwing out numbers let's say something like a car every 2 months and a track every half year for 2 years. That's 4 tracks and 12 cars. So if they would add 12 tracks and 36 cars I think it would be better to subtract the first numbers from the latter for the release package.

At least I find myself returning to games that provide free updates that add gameplay.

Are Ben and Nic still consulting and helping with driving feedback? Do you have other new helpers as well?

It will be strange hearing new news here instead of via WMD but I look forward to finding out all of the juicy details when they can be shared.

Another thing that would benefit the game would be regular free updates in terms of cars and tracks. This gets people back into the game later on. I even believe this can exist besided a possible DLC package.

Since everybody is throwing out numbers let's say something like a car every 2 months and a track every half year for 2 years. That's 4 tracks and 12 cars. So if they would add 12 tracks and 36 cars I think it would be better to subtract the first numbers from the latter for the release package.

At least I find myself returning to games that provide free updates that add gameplay.
I would also like free petrol for my car regularly and weekly free food from my supermarket :P. However, businesses aren't charity and especially cars and tracks for a race sim at SMS quality level are truly expensive to make (number of employees x time spent), also considering the niche market that race sims are. SMS have been very generous in the past with adding content and DLC pricing, but expecting them to give away free stuff regularly would be stretching it.

And withholding content from the original release and releasing it later also never goes down well with the sim racing community, whether it's for free or not.

@redi I see your point and of course it's a business. That's why I mentioned it doesn't have to exclude other paid DLC. I personally believe that the selling point of 200 or 212 cars doesnt make the difference for the base game and that adding some free cars gives people a feeling of getting support and creates customers that return to the game which could improve future (DLC) sales.

@IanBell I'm curious to see how you handle the single player mode. I liked the parts in PC2 where you signed contracts with race teams, got noticed by manufacturers via reputation, built yourself a resume and had racing seasons, all of this making the experience immersive. I hope you can work the reputation into a progression system where you can unlock cars and series to compete in. It would make some sense to do it like that because Porsche isn't just going to hand the keys to their newest 911 and a rally racing contract to someone with no experience.

One thing to improve on is maybe add race winnings and money management to repair, buy cars, and buy parts for cars, like Dirt, FIA EuroTruck Racing game, and F1 do for their career modes.

Like for instance with go-carts, your championship could start out with the non-shifter carts like in PC2 and then after you make enough from winnings and win enough trophies you can buy yourself a shifter super-cart (like what was in PC1) and enter the super-cart series and based on your reputation from the previous championship determines the offers you get for sponsorship and teams.

P.S. Please add a pre-war race car to the game so I can have slip-slide nearly-uncontrollable goodness with bad brakes to play around with :P

One thing to improve on is maybe add race winnings and money management

This I really like as it gives a greater sense of immersion and management to your career. Some don't like in game money or numerical leveling systems, I think it gives a sense of achievement. We can look at GT Sport for example the countless number of hours players put in (or rubberband) to achieve level 50.
Don't just give me the keys to that 911 RSR, make me earn it.

I would love an expanded version of what Codies has done with the Dirt career mode (mainly Dirt 4). I would love to be able to create a team that races in several different series and perhaps even have a young driver program. I know it would be an insane task to accomplish, but it would also be a massive leap over what games currently offer.

They can also make it possible to just drive as a contracted driver if you don't want to deal with the owner aspects.

P.S. Please add a pre-war race car to the game so I can have slip-slide nearly-uncontrollable goodness with bad brakes to play around with :P
The BMW 328 was in the works for PCARS2, but it didn't make it. Maybe they can wrap that up for PCR. :)

PCARS 2 is a great game. It offers a full package.

IAN, all you guys need to do is make it drive like AC and sound like RACE ROOM and you'll have the best game out there.
PC2 is already better than AC. I love AC but have preferred PC2 handling and force feedback since day 1. Handling and FFB is very personal so it is impossible to make an objective call about which is better.

PC2 is already better than AC. I love AC but have preferred PC2 handling and force feedback since day 1. Handling and FFB is very personal so it is impossible to make an objective call about which is better.

Yes, that's true.

But I think we can gather a general consensus on what people prefer and I'd have to say AC predominately shows up as peoples preferred choice.

Motorcycles (Be the first Sim. to have 2and 4 wheeled vehicles.)
Improve engine sounds
MORE vehicles
More oval tracks with road course variation
Road Atlanta
VIR
Get rid of off road and snow tracks

Just to make the point that you can never please everyone....

Motorcycles (Be the first Sim. to have 2and 4 wheeled vehicles.) - Don't care
Improve engine sounds - I'm pretty happy with most of them, but better is always good
MORE vehicles - As long as they're race cars
More oval tracks with road course variation - Nope, last thing I want to see is more ovals
Road Atlanta - Not bothered
VIR - Not bothered
Get rid of off road and snow tracks - NO!!!!

I've never been disappointed with the content on offer in these games so I'd just hope for improved audio, and mostly for it to be well optimised for the new consoles (assuming this is going to be next gen) giving us faster loading times and a level of polish that the current base consoles have struggled to reach. Whenever I see PC footage of pCARS2 it's so much better than my PS4. Smash it out of the park on all platforms!

I've never been disappointed with the content on offer in these games so I'd just hope for improved audio, and mostly for it to be well optimised for the new consoles (assuming this is going to be next gen) giving us faster loading times and a level of polish that the current base consoles have struggled to reach. Whenever I see PC footage of pCARS2 it's so much better than my PS4. Smash it out of the park on all platforms!
I wouldn't have an issue with that. Though updating the cars would be good as well. Like the new spec BMW GTE, IndyCar, Aston Martins. Then again, I am far more positive of SMS improving their game with each iteration than other companies with 2 letters in their acronym.

That brings something to mind. If they do decide to include newer versions of cars like evo gt3's ( aston, r8, lambo) please have them in a separate class than the older cars or better yet a custom grid so we can choose the cars individually. I didn't like having older cars mixed in that don't really race anymore like z4 and sls Mercedes

That brings something to mind. If they do decide to include newer versions of cars like evo gt3's ( aston, r8, lambo) please have them in a separate class than the older cars or better yet a custom grid so we can choose the cars individually. I didn't like having older cars mixed in that don't really race anymore like z4 and sls Mercedes

This very much. The ability to select the cars for a custom race, if only to eliminate outliers in a class to create a close race. Also in a career race the cars that race each other should be included, so not a 2013 car vs a 2016 car that never raced each other.

The BMW 328 was in the works for PCARS2, but it didn't make it. Maybe they can wrap that up for PCR. :)

AFAIR the BWM 328 Touring Coupe was never planned for pCARS2. They had the license for it for pCARS1, but they decided to modify the licence to get another car instead because of a lack of reference to build the car accuratly.

My main concern with this is that because the game will be in developed until it's "ready," all the newest cars in game night be outdated by the time the game is released. However, for selfish reasons, I too want to see the SLS and Z4 not return next game.

EDIT: I probably have said this before, but I want to see a revamp of the lights system on cars in the game. It may not be a huge boost for gameplay, but it'll add a lot for spectators if this is going to be a serious eSports title. It seems like either every light on the car is on or off, inside and outside. ACO based cars have working leader lights in you're in the top 3 in the class. Beyond that, I'd like to see:

-The multi colored LED strips similar to Daytona 24H
-Glow in the dark number plates (e.g. Bentley Speed 8 and current endurance cars)
-The purple or blue interior lights on GT cars
-separate lights for flashing instead of having to turn all lights on and off quickly
-LEDs that display which position you're in (e.g. IndyCar and GT3)
-Rear rain lights that come on while you have wet tires equipped

Last edited:
My main concern with this is that because the game will be in developed until it's "ready," all the newest cars in game night be outdated by the time the game is released. However, for selfish reasons, I too want to see the SLS and Z4 not return next game.
Yeah. I can agree. They've had their time in the sun. I'd say the same for the M6 GTLM as well and a few other cars such as the Aston Martin GT3/4/E. None are being used anymore so it's time to move on. Same for the IndyCar despite enjoying being able to throw it around circuits.

AFAIR the BWM 328 Touring Coupe was never planned for pCARS2. They had the license for it for pCARS1, but they decided to modify the licence to get another car instead because of a lack of reference to build the car accuratly.

Yeah. I just went back into the PCARS1 thread and saw that was one of the changed cars. Along with the F1.08 which is a story I've never heard. And the Super Touring cars. Which I'd have loved to see featuring.

Just to to Frank and say "Remember TOCA with Williams cars? Well. How about you come back?" Would be fun to see some of their cars in a non-F1 game as a rival to the Lotus cars of the eras.

I would actually be sad to see any cars get removed solely because newer versions are available. However, those models should be placed in a separate category/racing class so you don't have them mixed in with current models unless you want them to be.

Yeah. I can agree. They've had their time in the sun. I'd say the same for the M6 GTLM as well and a few other cars such as the Aston Martin GT3/4/E. None are being used anymore so it's time to move on. Same for the IndyCar despite enjoying being able to throw it around circuits.

I agree with all of this. Although, it seems like the new Vantage GTE isn't as good as the old one!

I would actually be sad to see any cars get removed solely because newer versions are available. However, those models should be placed in a separate category/racing class so you don't have them mixed in with current models unless you want them to be.
Yeah. I can understand that. I don't like it when cars are just around for a few years. Like the M8 GTE or the Cadillac ATS-V.R.

The option to have them in a custom grid but not career would be fun. Or just have it as a car you can only buy/be offered a contract and race.

E.g. If you buy a Z4, your team will be the only one with that car in career. If you don't, you only have the modern ones.

Anyway, The Bell has tweeted a positive response to a question asking for Custom Liveries and SCs. Hopefully it's in response to both. I remember hearing about a Code 60 implementation which never happened.

Along with the F1.08 which is a story I've never heard.

Nothing much to say, IIRC they just tought that the F1.08 just didn't fit with the game, it didn't have any other cars to compete with. They thougth that M3 GT4 was a better fit. I can't disagree with that.

Latest Posts

Back