Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Austin Ogonoski, driver of the Slightly Mad Studios Chevrolet SS for Lengert Motorsports, also claimed that pCars 3 is hugely improved compared to pCars 2.
Austin's also said that he'd like to see Area 27 in PCARS and knows a senior figure at the track he'll see in a few weeks at Penticton. (A short oval track in Canada)

Nothing much to say, IIRC they just tought that the F1.08 just didn't fit with the game, it didn't have any other cars to compete with. They thougth that M3 GT4 was a better fit. I can't disagree with that.
I can understand that. I thought it might just be a licensing issue. Would definitely welcome that car though.

Austin's also said that he'd like to see Area 27 in PCARS and knows a senior figure at the track he'll see in a few weeks at Penticton. (A short oval track in Canada)
cool , i know the guy that ran the pentictan track for long time, johnny , and area 27 would be great also . merritt has a 3/8th mile dirt track

Anyway. I'll probably speculate a bit purely as it seems logical to me.

The Audi RS3 LMS TCR. There's nothing absolutely confirmed for it but I can definitely see it coming unless there is another Audi TCR replacing it in the near future of which there is no news of.

However, it's appearing in a few games of late with the ones I've seen being Grid, iRacing, The Crew 2 and Forza currently. We've also got a good quantity of Audi race cars in game with some of those being modern also.

It's also probably one of the most obvious cars expected to come into the game seeing as it's Audi and they seem to not be terrible with licensing their cars. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if the GT4 and possibly GT2 variants come in as well.

@jake2013guy - I bumped into a Manager from Ginetta at Brands last week and had a chat with him about racing, gaming and Ginetta. He couldn't confirm anything, but said he was hopeful that Ginetta would feature in more games in the future (I have no idea what these could be). I asked about historic models (as that is my main interest) specifically the G4 and G10. I got the impression that inclusion of the G10 in a future game is likely (the Ford 4.7 litre V8 powered car from circa 1965 - the FIA refused to classify it as a GT after its debut win - presumably due to low production numbers).
He didn't make any positive noises about the G4 - I think that car was originally included in GT5.

He said Ginetta use Asetto Corsa back at base as their simulator as it is compatible with their other systems. He was hoping to continue working with SMS and feature in their future games. He felt that the focus of SMS seemed now to be strongly on ESports.

@jake2013guy - I bumped into a Manager from Ginetta at Brands last week and had a chat with him about racing, gaming and Ginetta. He couldn't confirm anything, but said he was hopeful that Ginetta would feature in more games in the future (I have no idea what these could be). I asked about historic models (as that is my main interest) specifically the G4 and G10. I got the impression that inclusion of the G10 in a future game is likely (the Ford 4.7 litre V8 powered car from circa 1965 - the FIA refused to classify it as a GT after its debut win - presumably due to low production numbers).
He didn't make any positive noises about the G4 - I think that car was originally included in GT5.

He said Ginetta use Asetto Corsa back at base as their simulator as it is compatible with their other systems. He was hoping to continue working with SMS and feature in their future games. He felt that the focus of SMS seemed now to be strongly on ESports.
This is very interesting and I'm glad they're interested in featuring in more games. I'd be amazed if Ginetta isn't in PCARS but them expanding to other games is always good. Then again, it could just be the case of somebody putting enough money at them to put their cars in the game and I doubt Ginetta are the top priority.

For my interests, the only car I'd say is something I'd want specifically is their LMP1 creating the hypothetical BOP the ACO wanted just with the 2016 cars.

If I'd love to see any brand increase their awareness in games, I'd probably have Volkswagen pretty high on that list as well as SEAT and Panoz.

Volkswagen and SEAT are mainly for their TCR cars for me but Volkswagen especially have other interesting cars like the VW Fun Cup and their current and classic Beetle RX cars.

But for Panoz. Personally, I'd like them for their good looking open wheel cars in the DP01 used in 2007 ChampCar and Long Beach in 2008 and DP09B used in Superleague Formula. But they've got a current GT4 car in the Avezzano and a early 2000s car in the Esperante like we have in GT1. They also have a late 90s LMP900 car in the Roadster-S. They don't have a huge range as with Ginetta. But I do like a lot of what they've got.

Close to 2 years have passed since Project Cars 2 has been released. As a console player on the One X, I have tried other racing titles in that time frame such as Dirt Rally 2.0. F1 2018 & Assetto Corsa. In the end however, I gravitate back to PC2.

It's the best in terms of immersion, FFB, tuning depth and capturing the spirit of motorsport. Totally sold on the Revolution; I know what Ian and the SMS crew are capable of.

@IanBell Thank you for your dedication to the race sim community! I appreciate your enthusiasm and if I get PCR, it will surely be on PC instead of console which I did for PC2 (I feel like we don't get quite the full experience on console). Since I race almost exclusively offline, I will focus there:

If I could share my wishlist for PCR, it would be everything from PC2 (of course) plus the Corvette C8 and C8.R, and Sebring and Road Atlanta. I love endurance racing, so of course we need the GT3/GTE fields updated and the new Le Mans spec hypercars. Filling out historic car classes (with equal competitors of similar year) would be great as well!

The AI needs an overhaul to make them more believable and consistent across all tracks and all weather conditions (no unrealistic speed limiter in the rain for example). When 2 AI get together they seem almost startled that each other is there. They need to be more aware of their surroundings. Also, they should occasionally make mistakes. I think NFS Pro Street had this (whether by design or by accident): cars would occasionally overshoot on corner entry. I would make a weighed system so that cars at the front of the grid would have the least chance of making a mistake and then the chances would increase as you went further through the field. Along with this, yellow flags/safety cars would be a great addition.

A greater sense of ownership in the career mode would be welcome. I'm not sure what would work best towards that end though. It might be an economy system to allow for carry-over damage and repairing your car(s) after races and buying new ones, or working toward team ownership with a roster of cars and drivers to manage, or a "street"/starter series where you take a small size street car (Civic, Golf, Cruze, Focus, Dart, etc) and use race winnings to purchase upgrades which reflect visually on the car (inside and out) a la NFS Shift 1 & 2. You could have a simple paint system using templates for driver gear and cars similar to iRacing.

Finally, please consider custom grids. Let me choose which individual cars will be in the race and which liveries they will use. This way I can create more accurate races and rule out cars that are either overpowered or did not participate in a particular event/series.

Bonus points for adding Mid-Ohio!

Last edited:
Ai mistakes do happen but are quite rare , Oulton Park island bend , Spa turn 18 after Blanchimont and Sakitto turn 1 and 2 are areas I see them go wide .
No yellow flags though apart from crew chief telling me .

I wouldn't hold my breath. Let's not forget that Project CARS 2 was a PC game first, that was ported to console later. Let alone that it was rather buggy in console on initial release. A new Playstation may have no bearing on what SMS and a Project CARS 3 are doing.
If I were to guess though, they have a PS5 devkit. They're working on it. It will most likely still come out on PC first again due to all the nicknacks PS5 supposedly has and after all, we don't even know what a PS5 or Microsoft equivalent all does yet.

If I were to guess though, they have a PS5 devkit. They're working on it. It will most likely still come out on PC first again due to all the nicknacks PS5 supposedly has and after all, we don't even know what a PS5 or Microsoft equivalent all does yet.
The games were launched at the same time. The PC part was about the "Community Assistance" thing you could spend some money to be involved in. Lots of signs pointing to that not happening this time to promote focus.

This is a bit old but I haven’t heard anything about it so I’m hoping for its inclusion in PC Revolution

If only we knew who that was for. Would definitely welcome it into PCARS. Then again, it could just be the track scanning it to make it available.

Personally, I'd say iRacing or PCARS are the most feasible. It doesn't look like a track suited for that would go into Forza/GT.

This is a bit old but I haven’t heard anything about it so I’m hoping for its inclusion in PC Revolution

I thought PC2 tracks which were scanned (which is only a few) were drone scanned. My guess is that it's not for PC3.

All tracks are obviously welcome, but this one looks very flat - personally I much prefer tracks with elevation changes and motorsport history - there are many tracks which tick both those boxes which could be added.

I thought PC2 tracks which were scanned (which is only a few) were drone scanned. My guess is that it's not for PC3.

All tracks are obviously welcome, but this one looks very flat - personally I much prefer tracks with elevation changes and motorsport history - there are many tracks which tick both those boxes which could be added.
Well let’s just hope it’s on some other console game.

The Bend doesn’t have much history as it was built last year but it has plenty of elevation changes across the 7km long track it also has like 5 different layouts so I reckon it would be a pretty good addition even though that looks even more unlikely.

Check out this onboard with a GT3 car to see the elevation

images

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-13_12-18-22.png
    upload_2019-10-13_12-18-22.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
The Bend isn't the top of my list. But I'd definitely welcome it. Would be interesting to try an Endurance-style event there. Either WEC LMP1 style or ALMS/ELMS LMP2 style.

If it was either Philip Island or this, I'd choose Philip Island every day and I'm sure everyone else would too but if it was The Bend or Nothing, obviously we'd take The Bend.

On the topic of Australian circuits:
Adelaide
Sydney Motorsports Park
Sandown
Surfers Paradise (Maybe a Classic Layout) ;)
Philip Island
Albert Park

And New Zealand:
Pukekohe. Always Pukekohe.

Looking at wider Asia:
Shanghai International
Guia Circuit
Motegi
Suzuka
Sepang International
Buriram International

Would definitely say that PCARS would definitely benefit from some Asian additions. There are some gems such as Sugo but others are always ones I'd like to see.

Interesting. I've never heard of it before, probably because tracks don't really have any history when first built, but I do like the look of The Bend. Quite wide, fast and flowing with multiple layouts, all ticks in my boxes. The full circuit is a good length too. It looks like it will mature over the years. There's even kart and rally cross tracks as well if SMS did get a licence - which would probably be cheaper than for more well known circuits.

When friends see me sat behind my wheel and pedals driving my imaginary cars they often say "You're going around the bend". I'd love to say "Yes, yes I am". :)

Back