Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I’m thinking, with absolutely nothing to back it up, we’re looking at a early 2021 release for PC and Next Gen Consoles to support cross play with 24 player lobbies.

I need this.

The lack of any information on the game that has likely been in development for 2 years leads me to believe it is certainly next gen.

PC3 can be out before the next console and be upgraded patched afterwards like they did for the xbox X. Getting it out before Forza 8 will give them the spotlight..

Last edited:
PC3 can be out before the next console and be patch afterwards like they did for the xbox X. Getting it out before Forza 8 will give them the spotlight..
It won't be though - unless is was PC only for now with a next gen console release later.

I don't really see any connection between Project Cars and Forza.
And if PC3 came out after Forza, it would steal the spotlight away from Forza? I'm not sure what the credentials of the spotlight are but I'd think what we'd like is PC3 to be in a stable build on release where thousands of people aren't waiting for bug fix updates instead of trying to rush a release because of what a Forza did.

I don't really see any connection between Project Cars and Forza.
And if PC3 came out after Forza, it would steal the spotlight away from Forza? I'm not sure what the credentials of the spotlight are but I'd think what we'd like is PC3 to be in a stable build on release where thousands of people aren't waiting for bug fix updates instead of trying to rush a release because of what a Forza did.
Forza 8 probably will be a console launch game and a PC cross platform game. Competing against a heavy hitter like MS Forza would be unnecessary.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping this works out for both parties. Inevitably, people are going to jest over the negative traits of both companies but both SMS and Codies have launched respectable titles in a shrinking market. I'm optimistic to see the result of two experienced studios collaborating on future titles. 👍

I don’t like this, seeing how Codemasters treated the Driveclub team, the poor decision in Micro Machines, Dirt Rally 2 DLC content and Grid having platform exclusive game modes. I don’t trust Codemasters will do the right thing for SMS.

The only difference being is that they have paid for SMS so hopefully won't be so quick to drop them.

The only difference being is that they have paid for SMS so hopefully won't be so quick to drop them.

They paid more for SMS, all the tech SMS has is part of Codemasters now. I do hope they use them well and just let them do what they wanted.

I hope the best for SMS but I’ll be skeptical after seeing what Codemasters has been doing.

I would be happy with a livery editor that allows you to create multiple liveries per car. That combined with a true championship creator that allows you to pick every car and livery would be amazing!

Also, I wonder if this hints at an increased focus on road cars as there isn’t much you can customize on race cars.

I prefer accurate stock vehicle reperization over car upgrades but if they put a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am (ecs) and it has an optional modified version that is accurate. That would be great but not a phony upgrade buffet.

I would be happy with a livery editor that allows you to create multiple liveries per car. That combined with a true championship creator that allows you to pick every car and livery would be amazing!

Also, I wonder if this hints at an increased focus on road cars as there isn’t much you can customize on race cars.
Don't forget a Codemasters-style career mode where you get to drive for your own custom team, maybe even with sponsor contracts and teammates/employees to hire. Hmm, Codemasters-style... :)

Don't forget a Codemasters-style career mode where you get to drive for your own custom team, maybe even with sponsor contracts and teammates/employees to hire. Hmm, Codemasters-style... :)

I've been wanting something like that for some time, it would be phenomenal in a PC style game. It would also add some purpose to the whole factory driver system as becoming one could give you a discount on cars & parts from that brand.

Another thing from Codies I hope they adopt is the way damage is handled, while it can be annoying, I do like how damage in Dirt Rally 2.0 will carry over if you don't repair it.

Got bored so updated the OP with some stuff based on Ian comments. Mainly tracks.

Yep, we're in the same boat at the moment, that's why I just did a bunch of little updates on my thread.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to uhh 'do some research' and borrow the information from your OP and stick it in mine ;)

Edit: Actually I'll link to this thread in my OP as well seeing as it's a good source of info

Last edited:
Hope that japanese content includes the GR Supra GT4.
Yeah. Definitely. Though recently, I feel that Japanese manufacturers have been less involved in GT4 recently.

Ideally, I'd love a combined Class 1 class with the DTM and Super GT cars. I'd say that would satisfy the Japanese urge. Especially if they bring back the pseudo Super Formula with the Formula B.

Yeah. Definitely. Though recently, I feel that Japanese manufacturers have been less involved in GT4 recently.

Ideally, I'd love a combined Class 1 class with the DTM and Super GT cars. I'd say that would satisfy the Japanese urge. Especially if they bring back the pseudo Super Formula with the Formula B.

My Japanese urge would be satisfied by some 1990's BTCC cars such as the Nissan Primera, but most of all by a Honda RA272 - 1965 Mexican Grand Prix winning car (ideal to race against the Lotus 25 in game especially if a Ferrari 1512 was also added). Maybe now that Codemasters are involved there is more chance of classic F1 cars?

My Japanese urge would be satisfied by some 1990's BTCC cars such as the Nissan Primera, but most of all by a Honda RA272 - 1965 Mexican Grand Prix winning car (ideal to race against the Lotus 25 in game especially if a Ferrari 1512 was also added). Maybe now that Codemasters are involved there is more chance of classic F1 cars?

Just recreate GP Legends! All the tracks and cars.

I'm hoping mainly because it's on sale in Europe before the rest of the world. Shame the GT4 Z fell off. So, if teams buy Supras for the GT4 European Series and British GT, that will be a win.

That would be a game I never put down, imagine the current season plus a selection of historics from BTCC/BSCC history like the Super Tourers, Group A, pre-66 touring cars
That would be brilliant. Found a video where Sam Collins went through the private Nissan warehouse in Japan and the Super Touring Primera was there. There are a few I'd definitely love from there. Including the Super GT cars.

Back