Project help!

• Thread starter hanker
  • 40 comments
Alright heres the deal, Ive this design project and Im having a tough time deciding what to do.

Assignment: select an "everyday" object and substitute its materials with un-practical materials.

Examples: a wire toobrush, steel wool toilet paper, wax frying pan.

I want something totally original but am having a tough time decideing what, if any of you have ideas that would be awesome.

How about a toilet made from tortilla chips and hot salsa. You could call it Crap 'N Snack, the toilet you can snack on while you get your poop on. Your slogan can be, "Blast a dookie, and your taste buds!"

You can also steal the one from the Simpson's. Sun 'N Run, the suntan lotion that's also a laxative.

skip0110
Muffin headphones?

Hamburger earmuffs are so better

logo.gif

Solid Lifters
How about a toilet made from tortilla chips and hot salsa. You could call it Crap 'N Snack, the toilet you can snack on while you get your poop on. Your slogan can be, "Blast a dookie, and your taste buds!"
That's definitely the most disgusting thing I've heard all week:yuck: But it could be worse. It could be chips and bean dip...just be caredful where you scoop...

Stainless steel fish tank! It will never rust!

Lead cell phone cover. Protect your info from magnetic waves.

glass hammer.

What about making a handle? You can make it out of anything, but it's totally useless unless it is stuck to something else, like a portable TV (or a fork?).... the handle makes the TV portable, but the TV also makes the handle useful... (even better, make the handle out of something that melts in your hand, like ice)... or make an ice pick out of ice... the handle would melt and the pick would shatter if you actually used it...

Check this guy out too... his website has a couple of downloadable (.pdf) books, on puns and oxymorons (including visual ones) that might give you some pointers, like a ship made out of sand, floating sugarcubes etc. (btw, Patrick Hughes' reverse perspective paintings are fantastic if you ever get the chance to see one...)

Carpet or bed made out of nails, Shelf made out of paper...uhh...Sorry, I just woke up and my brain hasn't turned on yet.

3-Wheel Drive
Solid Lifters

That's definitely the most disgusting thing I've heard all week:yuck: But it could be worse. It could be chips and bean dip...just be caredful where you scoop...
Or it could be called Poop'n' Scoop?

Freshley cut cardboard toilet paper. Yeah that will make you love paper cuts. :scared:

Stainless steel windows...they'll never shatter in a hurricane!

How about a plexiglass front door, so you can always see who's at the door before you decide to open it!

Umbrella made of tissue/rice paper?
Stone sponge?
Ice kettle?
Solar powered torch (I know they do actually make these, but it's a funny concept anyway)
Petrol fire extinguisher (that is, a fire extinguisher filled with petrol, not one to put out petrol fires)
Elastic measuring tape
Licquorice ruler

Ultralight paper-mache brake rotors!

Rubber socket and/or screwdriver set!

Shatterproof covers for fire pull handles!

amp88
Elastic measuring tape
That's a good one... 👍 Would be easy to make, and quite surreal... :boggled:

A knife made of butter
A cheese grater made of cheese
A mousetrap made of cheese

Back