Project Sti(need FEED BACK)

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 137 comments
United States
United States
nk4e
I think this might be first for me but I want the community help in making the car. It is a Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti Spec C '04. It has all the modifications and its Horsepower, is exactly 501Psi. Again, the reason I am posting this is:
1. I want to show a good welcome back to Drifting in Gt4
2. I have never seen a Sti in a video(s)((well FI's videos))
3. Its a good thing to get the community to work on one thing instead of solo task(s)
4.This might be somewhat of a good reference for future AWD drifters.
-NK

Ps. Post any questions or comments or suggestions on this project or anything. I will try to get a video up ASAP. If any mod(s) have any problem with it then close it. Because if I Pmed someone its going to be alot of people. The majority of the settings its either off balance due to the tires or other things. I will try to keep an update and record them.
example:
Code:
Parts to buy--
Exhaust: Racing
Chip: Sport
Tire: F-N3 R-N3
NOS: Equip (Needed if you can't get the wheels spinning)
Turbo: Original
Intercooler: Racing
Brakes: Racing
Brake Controller: Standard
Suspension: Racing
Transmission: Full
Clutch: Triple
Flywheel: Racing
Driveshaft: Equip
Limited Slip: Full
VCD: Equip

--Settings--

Brake Controller: 10 F 24 R

Suspension:

Spring Rate 4.2 Fr 4.2 R
Ride Height 76 Fr 76 R (SLAM IT)
Shock Absorbers 7 Fr 7 R
Camber Angle 3.5 Fr 0.0 R
Toe Angle 2 Fr -2 R
Stabilizers 6 Fr 6 R

Nitrous: P/D=100

Tranny: Auto Setting 10-13

Driving Aids: ASM and TCS off

Limited Slip:

VCD: 10

LSD:
Tourque: Fr 5 R 50
LSA: Fr 5 R 50
LSD: Fr 5 R 5
and
Code:
Parts To Buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Original Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Full Transmission
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Full LSD
VCD
All Weight Reductions
Roll Cage
Tires - Front N3 Rear N1

Settings:
Suspension-
Spring F4.2 R2.7
Height F96 R96 (You can raise it if you want since at this setting, the wheels clip through the fenders but it looks nice on straightaways )
Shocks-
Bound F8 R4
Rebound F8 R4
Camber F2.7 R1.0
Toe F0 R-2
Stabilizers F3 R2

LSD:
Initial F30 R30
Accel F50 R50
Deccel F50 R50

Brakes:
F8 R24

Driving Aids All Off.

have you tried a estate subaru old shape fully done up on s3's thats an awsome car to drift but my fave is the prototype rally car on s1's with no aids and a big turbo thats the best!:sly:

are those settings above how you want the car setup? or are you open to suggestions? if so, my Evo has a set up i'm happy with. just say if you want some info to apply to your Impreza.:sly:

What Im looking for in this Sti, is a fully balanced Drift Car. Im open up to any suggestions.

Here's my drift settings for my Evo see what you think. :sly:

tires:
front:n3's
rear:n1's

brakes:
front:24
rear:1

suspension:
spring rate:
front: highest
rear: highest

ride hight:
what ever

shock rebound+stablisers:
highest

Aids: none

downforce: none (wing is just for styling!)

limited slip diff:
front: rear:
5 60
5 60
5 5

variable center diff:

keeps me sideways. tell me how it works on the STI.:sly:

put some weight in the back and 0 in the front, that way when you do get it spinning a little tap on the stick should do the trick. (ha that rhymed)
And i also think for the differential that you should apply the following setup :

(initial),(rear),(front)
--35--,--50-,---15-

Another thing is to buy a wing and add 35 on downforce and 0 in front. So once you do get it crooked into a drift it will carry it to finish the drift.

ya its better to have more grip in the front and less in the back so its holds the front down more and lets the back swing around.

240^drift
ya its better to have more grip in the front and less in the back so its holds the front down more and lets the back swing around.

He doesn't want that though. He wanted a balanced car, which can be hard to make, but definitely worth it.

Oh and NK4E- isn't 501psi a bit much? :D (psi is pressure, typo of PS?)

luftrofl
He doesn't want that though. He wanted a balanced car, which can be hard to make, but definitely worth it.

Oh and NK4E- isn't 501psi a bit much? :D (psi is pressure, typo of PS?)
I know its a bit much, but I always watch drift videos ( FBI and etc) and they use around 600 or less but my friend is around 400. but getting a a balanced car especially a AWd is a bit hard to attain, thats why I need the forums help on this.

oh, dude its going to be rocket science to try and keep your STI balanced and sideways...
thats why for the D1 Grand Drift Orange Team took a Subaru STI Impreza and converted it to RWD.
They swaped the engine out with an EJ20 Legacy motor with a t3/t4 turbo in order to get enough hp, they converted most of the torque to the rear.
w00t that was a mouth full.
which goes to my point, GL trying to get it sideways, tell me if ya do =)

240^drift
oh, dude its going to be rocket science to try and keep your STI balanced and sideways...
thats why for the D1 Grand Drift Orange Team took a Subaru STI Impreza and converted it to RWD.
They swaped the engine out with an EJ20 Legacy motor with a t3/t4 turbo in order to get enough hp, they converted most of the torque to the rear.
w00t that was a mouth full.
which goes to my point, GL trying to get it sideways, tell me if ya do =)
if we can drift a FF in this, then we can do anything.

Update again: (two in one day)
Im using the LSD guide from IDM it is pretty handy. I just hope it works for AWD. Here are the current settings
Buy everything as possible( except Nos)
Tires: N2
Suspension:
5.0/5.0
99/99
5/5
10/10
2.0/1.0
-2/2
2/2
downForce:
20/0
LSD:
21/28
40/45
16/15
VCD:

if I were you, I would finely tune an STI, becuase AWD cars are a pain in the ass to put sideways, Im gonna try out my STI tommorow and let u know, if its a success, then Ill give you my settings info

260Viper
if I were you, I would finely tune an STI, becuase AWD cars are a pain in the ass to put sideways, Im gonna try out my STI tommorow and let u know, if its a success, then Ill give you my settings info
Finely tune? what do you mean by that?
Update: two pictures of a Sti and one of an Ap1

Right now, the rear won't kick out as much as I wanted it to. Is it the LSD settings? and I lowered the power to a stage 2 turbo.

i like this idea Nk4e, im going to post my project once my comp gets fixed, it broke last wednesday.
Im going to try your settings on the subaru outback (one of the legacys in GT4) cause thats the car im driving right now in Real life,(recently got my permit).

My new project is going to be about Max Wheelspin, i love how in Real life the sponsered driftcars have extreme wheelspin to drift, im trying to get that same thing in GT4.
when i mean max, as much as possible that you can drift, ive already had so much that if i turned and taped the gas, id be facing the wall behind me.

Well, from little clip that I need to put up, I made a small misfire engine that made the car drift well with the E-Brake +Brake, its hard to drift this thing.

the STI is a really stubborn car. If you're not planning to put aids on, then my suggestion is to change your driving style instead of settings. My sti in my resurrection video does have aids on; it feels as if i'm drifting AWD from GT3 all over again. PM me if you need the aid settings nk4e.

edit: other than my resurrection video, I do have a full lap replay of STI in midfield II.
All videos are in my video thread in my sig.

ForcedInduction
the STI is a really stubborn car. If you're not planning to put aids on, then my suggestion is to change your driving style instead of settings. My sti in my resurrection video does have aids on; it feels as if i'm drifting AWD from GT3 all over again. PM me if you need the aid settings nk4e.

edit: other than my resurrection video, I do have a full lap replay of STI in midfield II.
All videos are in my video thread in my sig.
Well, to be exact, the '04 Spec C version is very stubborn, but the older generations of the Sti is pretty good with out Aids.

nucesone
hello again,i'm very new here but i'm going to test it out for myself and help you out...hope we can all get it sideways...
Thanks, I will be putting a movie real soon.

Back