Project Thunder

I have decided to do a non-budget project for the GT2 game.

Project Thunder

Car: Impreza 22B STi Version (J) '98

I just bought this car on my 20th day, and it cost me around 52 grand for just the car stock. I am going to invest around 300-350 grand in it and I am going to fine tune it and post it on here.

Know, I had just gone to the quarter mile(400m) and I wasn't very surprised in its time. It ran 13.468 seconds. Know some of you may say "Oh yeah, thats fast," for a stock Subaru. But By the time I'm done it will be running aroun 11.2 seconds, maybe faster.

NOTE: I WILL NOT BE DOING RALLY SPECS TO THIS CAR, THIS IS STRICTLY FOR STREET OR CIRCUIT RACING

Okay, here we go. I was surprised at its acceleration so we will leave the tires and weight the same for know. It also has a good power band, but that will change dramatically soon,not know. I am going to start with the suspension because there is a lot of weight being thrown around during acceleration and decceleration.I have equiped the Full Customization Kit on it incase we need to make any changes and of course we will. Do the following

Spring Rate: Front: 10.5 Rear: 12.0

Ride Height: Front: 93 Rear: 93

Damper Bound: Front: 5 Rear: 7

D. Rebound: Front: 5 Rear: 7

Camber: Front: 4.0 Rear: 3.0

Toe: Front: 0.0 Rear: 0.0

Stabilizer: Front: 4 Rear 3

Your quarter mile time will be .100 of a second slower, but all of this will help you in turns. Trust me.

OKay, know for some power! YEAH! But there are some draw-backs. Having to much power will send all the suspension mods berserk. But don't worry. I have done this millions of time with Subaru's, and if there is a small problem, i'll fix it.

I added a Performance Chip wich adds 5 hp.WOW, that's a lot.J/k. I also added a Sports exaust system wich adds 8 more hp. A total of 13 hp. Believe me, the sports exaust sytem did'nt do a thing. So I added a Racing exaust sytem and combine it with the chip to give me 28 more horses.Only 28 horses raised my quarter mile time from 13.368 down to 13.372! Then I added a racing intercooler and raised my horsepower by 20. Taking it from 28 extra horsepower to 48 extra from the chip,exaust, and intercooler. My quarter mile time had gone from 13.372 to 13.192! Wow, what a difference 48 extra horses can make.

Know i've been thinking about grip. The Subaru is starting to spin a lot more so I'm going to add Super Soft Racing Slick tires to the front and Back. Know, if you want,you can also use Medium grip tires in endurance races(they're the best for endurances)
Whoa! My quarter mile time dropped to 12.913 with the super soft tires. I revved it to about 4000 rpms and there was no more tire smoke.

Right about know I have been thinking about the transmission. Have you noticed that when it hits 5th gear that it slows down? I did. So i am going to add a Semi-Racing Gears and Flywheel. BAD IDEA. Because It maxes out in 5th gear real easy. But Increased acceleration and quarter mile time. It went down to 12.676. So I am going to trash the Semi Racing Gears for a Full Customization set. Okay, here are the ratios.

First: 2.765

Second: 1.848

Third: 1.319

Fourth: 1.018

Fifth: 0.807

Final: 4.557

Auto Setup: 8

I've been thinking about a turbo upgrade right about know. I fit the first one on, it ran great. Until I decided I wanted to go faster. So I put on the stage 3 turbo. It ran a heck of a lot faster then what I thought it would.

Okay, so know I have all this power and wimpy little clutch that can't handle all that power.So I added a Triple Plate Clutch.And I decided to throw out the old semi-racing flywheel for a racing flywheel. And I replaced the stock driveshaft for a Carbon Driveshaft. Project Thunder know accelerates faster then ever.

No, I did'nt forget Port & Polish and Engine Balance. Lets start with engine balance. This reduces vibrations and bearing loads. I also boosts high torque transmission.The rev limiter is also reset to take advantage of this. KNow for the port and polish. It boosts engine power wich may like a low degree.It is essential for normally aspirated and supercharched engines.

Okay, know for Project Thunder to lose some weight. Right know it weighs 2799lbs. With Weight Reduction 1,2 and 3 it lowers it down to 2491 lbs.Know, lets go to test the final result of Project Thunder.

0-60: 2.804 seconds

Quarter Mile: 10.862 seconds

Stock Quater Mile : 13.468 Seconds

Oh, and as for the rims, I'll let you pick.

Latest Posts

Back