Prologue Europe update

• Thread starter Sven
  • 49 comments
GameSpot posted some new information regarding the European release of GT4 Prologue. They say that the only new content will be a bonus disc with a "making of GT4" documentary and a "message from Kazonuri Yamauchi." Of course, both of these videos will undoubtedly be available on the web shortly after release. But I thought they were also going to add a "Time Attack" mode to it?

The article goes on to say that people who have completed Prologue will get a "head start" in Gran Turismo 4 when it is released, assuming you kept your game save. What that actually means can only be speculation, but I predict it just means you'll have all your licenses when you start out. Does anyone know if U.S. players of Prologue will be able to get that benefit when GT4 is released here?

Originally posted by Sven
GameSpot posted some new information regarding the European release of GT4 Prologue. They say that the only new content will be a bonus disc with a "making of GT4" documentary and a "message from Kazonuri Yamauchi." Of course, both of these videos will undoubtedly be available on the web shortly after release. But I thought they were also going to add a "Time Attack" mode to it?

The article goes on to say that people who have completed Prologue will get a "head start" in Gran Turismo 4 when it is released, assuming you kept your game save. What that actually means can only be speculation, but I predict it just means you'll have all your licenses when you start out. Does anyone know if U.S. players of Prologue will be able to get that benefit when GT4 is released here?

Is all of Europe PAL or NTSC?

Europe is PAL. It does consistently say 64 cars, so at the very least there will be one extra car, because the Asian versions only have 63 cars. ;)

Also, there is a slim chance that they have replaced some of the Japanese cars with European cars. This has happened before when Gran Turismo Concept was first released in Asia and then later in Europe. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens exactly. There's no mention of tracks, so we don't know if we'll have any extra tracks to play, or even different tracks to play. It's all a matter of wait and see.

What IS interesting is the suggestion that the licences in Prologue are equal or equivalent to how they'll be in GT4.

Any Dutch people om here know where i can order Prologue?I've been to the store yesterday and this guy kept saying that Prologue isn't coming to Europe(i knew it was but he just kept persisting).He said that it is only available in Japan and that it will be released in the USA. :banghead:
I wanted to slap him.
In the end i just said never mind and left.

Originally posted by GTChamp2003
Any Dutch people om here know where i can order Prologue?I've been to the store yesterday and this guy kept saying that Prologue isn't coming to Europe(i knew it was but he just kept persisting).He said that it is only available in Japan and that it will be released in the USA. :banghead:
I wanted to slap him.

Good for you. Give your money to those that deserve, or earn, it. They guy was wrong on two accounts. (That means GT4p is not coming to the US.) It might, but I doubt very much that it will. Too little, too late. If it does make it to the US, I wont buy it. Again, too little, too late.

Originally posted by Arwin
Europe is PAL. It does consistently say 64 cars, so at the very least there will be one extra car, because the Asian versions only have 63 cars. ;)

Also, there is a slim chance that they have replaced some of the Japanese cars with European cars. This has happened before when Gran Turismo Concept was first released in Asia and then later in Europe. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens exactly. There's no mention of tracks, so we don't know if we'll have any extra tracks to play, or even different tracks to play. It's all a matter of wait and see.
Yeah, I've been kind of wondering if the European version will get Capri and Hong Kong and that Renault rally car...Probably not, but hey, you never know what Polyphony has up their sleve (besides delays).

I got this from gamespy email:

GT4 Updates - Rhoam
Sony has announced that the summer of 2004 will see the release of Gran Turismo 4: Prologue for the Sony PlayStation 2 video game console. GT4 has already enjoyed a very successful release in Japan and the franchise has sold more than 35 million units worldwide.

Does anyone know if the guy is talking about the Europe release or potential US release??:confused:

Well the European release would be "spring" not "summer." Wouldn't it? I haven't heard anything else about that though.

Originally posted by GTChamp2003
I wanted to slap him.

I'm Dutch. As soon as I find a good place to get it, I'll let you know. I interviewed the store owner of Power Play, Amsterdam, the other day and I may talk him into ordering a decent amount of copies from Sony.

The main problem we'll have is that if this thing about limited edition is true, if a lot of big chains aren't aware or interested in Prologue, Dutch stores just won't have any. So we'll have to go to the shops that we can influence into stocking up on this game.

Originally posted by Sven
ok, why the hell does Antarctica have a designated video standard?

Give their embassy a ring and find out. :P

Seriously though - there are a number of bases down there - maybe there was a standard agreed to under the treaty.

Found on UKGames site.
"Description: Contains 54 cars and 5 tracks to race on and gives you a taste of what is to come with GT4 (WV7754). The game includes "The making of GT4" bonus disc. The Bonus disc will contain: • The making of GT4 movie • GT4 trailer • Behind the scenes movie • Car Gallery" Car gallery? the GT4 car list perhaps?

No, I doubt that, PD are still adding cars so it would be impossible for them to know what the final list will be, KY has said that PD will continue adding cars until the last minuet.

Guys are there any secret stages to win in prologue,accept this five stages!And when does the euro version off GT4 prologue coming,i heard that is coming 14.5.2004!Thanks for help!

Originally posted by live4speed
No, I doubt that, PD are still adding cars so it would be impossible for them to know what the final list will be, KY has said that PD will continue adding cars until the last minuet.
So what does it mean?

It will probably be a picture gallery and will hopefully show some new models.

Dragi Spejsmanijace,

europska verzija izlazi 26.5., kao limitirano izdanje.
Moci ce se kupiti putem preordera ili u odredjenom broju trgovina u EU gdje ce se igra dostavljati po unaprijed odredjenom (ne i objavljenom) kolicinskom rasporedu.

Moj ti je savjet da ju preoredeas putem neta ili da se nakon 27. zaputis u Austriju po voj primjerak, buduci da sve PAL igre koje izdaje SCEE dolaze sa svim inacima jezika.

Originally posted by amar212
Dragi Spejsmanijace,

europska verzija izlazi 26.5., kao limitirano izdanje.
Moci ce se kupiti putem preordera ili u odredjenom broju trgovina u EU gdje ce se igra dostavljati po unaprijed odredjenom (ne i objavljenom) kolicinskom rasporedu.

Moj ti je savjet da ju preoredeas putem neta ili da se nakon 27. zaputis u Austriju po voj primjerak, buduci da sve PAL igre koje izdaje SCEE dolaze sa svim inacima jezika.

Did you just have an epilepsy attack or what happened?

Did you just have an epilepsy attack or what happened?

No he didn't, you just don't understand Croatien laungage!:D

Back