Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
Hey guys! Just you try wiping the smile off my face. I've just pur-chased my copy of GT4 and thought I'd inform you guys before I put it in the PS2.

I will post my impressions of the game in a while! If I can drag myself away!

EDIT: Well, I thought I'd eat some food before I go into my GT trance, so I'll tell you a bit about the game while I stuff my gloating face with charsiu!

Price - I paid HK$560 for my Japanese copy of the game. The Asian version is out tomorrow.

Packaging - As you've probably already seen in other threads, the packaging is great and comes with a comprehensive GT4 'Reference Guide' with loads of info inside, from Photo Mode to tracks to cars and tuning.

More to come...

Oh ... my ... God! What a game!

I have just taken the Tom's Chaser on a lap of the 'Ring and the game is an absolute dream to drive. The cars are so much more on the edge than in previous games. The weight transfer coming over crests of hills is fantastic and it feels on the edge all the time. The AI cars appear to be pretty competent and the Amuse S2000 was 8 seconds ahead o me after the first lap.

Graphically the game is absolutely phenomenol, the intro was sumptuous and the in game graphics are very sharp. Although I really didn't have too much time to appreciate them fully as I was concentrating on not tankingmy Chaser into the wall!

A new feature is that when you do scrape a wall the view kind of shakes with a bluriness that is a little disconcerting, but gives you a good sensation of hitting something.

The engine sounds are 100% improved over other GT games and as the cars passed me on the opening sequence of the start I could hear the different characteristics.

There are loads and loads of cars to choose from in Arcade mode including modified cars like the Amuse S2000, RE Amemiya RX-7 (not Super-G) and more that I will tell you about later.

Anyway. Back to racing!

See you later!

EDIT: Wow! Looks like there are a fair many people on the boards. I couldn't get onto GTP for about 12 hours. Here are some things I have noticed since playing GT4.

Pit crews - Yes, cobragt there are fully animated pit crews! As you go into the pits a menu comes up on which you select the changes you want to make to your car, then as you pull into your spot the mechanics swarm over your car and you get a sequence of them fixing the car from different positions. When all is done, the car slams back onto the ground and you're off!

Rolling starts - Most of the races I have driven in so far have started with a rolling start. I have driven about 15 races and I have only had one standing start so far.

NOS - I have fitted nitrous-oxide to my Lancer TME and you can use 50 or 100ps shots (selectable before a race) you use it by pressing R1 and there's a level meter which shows how much laughing gas you have left. The extra speed you gain is pretty insane and although it's very fun it seems to be a bit unfair to the other cars on track as you completely trounce them with it.

Used car lots - There are two used car lots. A '90s' lot and an 'Old Timer' lot where you can pick up some real bargains. The cars aren't quite as interesting as they were in GT2, but there is still some interesting hardware to be had. I picked up a Mitsu Lancer VI TME (complete with steel wheels and black plastic door handles and mirrors) for 1,200,000Y and have since pushed it up to 360ps. Other interesting cars I have seen are the R34 GT-R in a flip-flop purple colour, a Stagea Autech 260RS, 80s Camaro and lots of other things which I don't really remember right now.

Backfire - Yes, the cars do backfire quite frequntly depending on the level of tuning you've done. You can hear the exhaust POP and the flames come out the exhaust. It looks particulary good when you're following a car with exhausts on either side at the back.

Dynamics - The handling in this game is awesome. You 'feel' the car so much more than in previous GT games. When you brake hard into the corner, the car dips forward in a very harsh manner and you can feel the front of the car raise under hard acceleration. If you puts the car onto the green-stuff and spin it, it is really difficult to get it back into a straight line again and you will lose a lot of time.

Time penalties - In some races such as the 'Rallye' ones, when you are against one other car, you will get time penalties when you hit the wall or the back of the other car. The penalties are 5 seconds (where you are limited to 50kmh) and I'm sure I had a 3 second penalty once too.

YOU GONNA GET RAPED.

But really congrats. If you'd be so kind it would be nice if you could tell us how the used car lots are. More importantly the US and Euro ones.

Thanks for your time.

Oh man....another one... :sly:
Give us some valiable information on things that weren't confirmed till now! 👍

Make sure to go to the bathroom before starting. It'll suck if you have to go five or six hours after starting. Oh, and have some MREs right next to you, too.

Could you please please tell us all the car manufacturers and the cars that are not in the 359 plzzz, racing mods? plsssssssssss

I have also bought it, the Japanese version at HK$550.

Paper box
gt4-box.jpg

Back of paper box
gt4-boxback.jpg

Reference guide (like the one that comes with GT3)
gt4-refguide.jpg

Inside box
gt4-insidebox.jpg

gt4-video-opt.jpg

gt4-audio-opt.jpg

Mey Maskrider, nice to see you back again!

I've added some more info in my first post...

hey maskrider nice pics. Thanks for makings us all drool. :ill:
BTW does your ps2 have any problems reading the game? Just wondering cause theres been talks that dvd9 might have some problems on older ps2's.

Finally, decent AI! Or was it just you made a few errors and it got a head?

Maskrider - Aparently theres a page in the book that has the complete car and track list, could you please track it down and scan it? Thanks

Also, I think thats the first picture of more than one car on Amilfi

could someone get some shots of le mans, it's under the name De La Sarthe. I'm anixous to see the setting.

chaser_fan
Mey Maskrider, nice to see you back again!

I've added some more info in my first post...

I was busy playing Dragon Quest VIII for the past few weeks, ha ha !

BTW, my PS2 (37000L) doesn't have problem reading the disc, haven't tried it on my old 10000.

supra_luva209
Finally, decent AI! Or was it just you made a few errors and it got a head?

Maskrider - Aparently theres a page in the book that has the complete car and track list, could you please track it down and scan it? Thanks

Also, I think thats the first picture of more than one car on Amilfi

Just checked, doesn't have a list of them in the Reference Guide that comes with the game.

maskrider
I was busy playing Dragon Quest VIII for the past few weeks, ha ha !

BTW, my PS2 (37000L) doesn't have problem reading the disc, haven't tried it on my old 10000.

can you please check if it works on your 10000. thats the ver. i own.
I would appreciate it very much.

Finally....GTP is working! :scared:
Now guys,give us more info 👍
What about drag racing and NOS?(is it good?)
What do you think of B-Spec?

I hate PD! Why do they have to delay gt4 even more. :mad: :(
Nice info anyway! And great pictures too ;) 👍

Can you please look in the manual, at the credits at the back, and see whether the companies like Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini are stated where all the liscensed names are stated too. Then we can finally shut up all those stupid people who insist on making 20 threads each on the subject.

EDIT: Nevermind, all 3 of them are not on the Car List at the GT4 website. Nevermind.

cobragt
Could you tell me if other cars have pitcrews ingame?

Cobra your incesant whining demands about this feature are doing my head in.
Surely there are more important features and questions that deserve answering than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back