PS2 DVD Player

I often times use my PS2 as my primary DVD player, because I'm too lazy to unplug the PS2 from the back of my TV to plug my regular DVD player into the RCA inputs. But, that's not the point...

Anyhow, everytime I try to watch a DVD movie that is rated over PG-13 a screen prompts me to enter the password to watch this 'restricted' video. Luckily, I remember setting the password. I do not, however, remember restricting the play on any videos...

Does anyone have any idea (or just plain know) how I can change the restriction level on my PS2 so I can watch these movies without having to type in my password everytime?

Originally posted by ScarySquirrel
I often times use my PS2 as my primary DVD player, because I'm too lazy to unplug the PS2 from the back of my TV to plug my regular DVD player into the RCA inputs. But, that's not the point...

Anyhow, everytime I try to watch a DVD movie that is rated over PG-13 a screen prompts me to enter the password to watch this 'restricted' video. Luckily, I remember setting the password. I do not, however, remember restricting the play on any videos...

Does anyone have any idea (or just plain know) how I can change the restriction level on my PS2 so I can watch these movies without having to type in my password everytime?

If I remeber correctly, I think the code "7777" overides the previous setting. Try that, and if that doesnt work, Look in the manual, I think the overide code is in there. Good Luck :)

Yeah this hapens to me everytime I use the DVD function as well! :mad:

I know the password and all but damn, I never told it to restrict "R" rated movies. I get tired of putting this password in every freaking time I want to watch a good movie! :mad:

Put in a DVD and run it. Press select on your controller and it should give you the DVD menu. Select "setup", go to "custom setup" and select "parental control" It will give you a prompt for your 4-digit password. Enter your password and select "level" and choose "off". Exit out of the DVD menu by pressing the O button. Now you have un-restrictive DVD access.

After you turn off the parental controls, be sure to save your settings on your memory card and always have it in when you watch movies.

Back