Ps2 HardDrive

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by tm2003, Apr 12, 2005.

1. tm2003

tm2003

Sorry, I searched, with No Help,

Will Any regular Hardrive Work in the Playstation Two.

please Tell me ?

and do i need anything else with it to make it work

2. cardude2004

cardude2004

I think if you need some software if you choose to use a hdd that doesn't come from Sony (I have heard hdds from other manufacturers do work with some software), but Sony does make a hdd that works with PS2 and it comes with everything you need. I have one from Sony and it works great.

3. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Premium

Assuming you mean with the Network adapter, then the answer is a definitive "Maybe"... Since the Network adapter has the IDE and powerplug in fixed positions, some may, some won't...

Anyway - If you go for a Maxtor HDD, eg. the DiamondMax 9 series (as I'm using) you'll be good...

4. tm2003

tm2003

Ahhh, I was Gona use one from my p.c,

i recently bought WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR EDITION 7200RPM 250Gb Hd, 4 my p.c

and removed my old IDE samsung 60 gb drive, & i was gonna use that, what software do i need

5. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Premium

See if the WD fits... If it fits, it'll work.. If it doesn't, get a Maxtor...

Either you'll need a piece of software called HD Advance, or, even better, get your PS2 chipped with the DMS4pro.. (As I have ;) ) This will allow you to play your games without having a disc in the drive at all...

6. franz

franz Premium

in case you don't know, someone released a patch tool allows you to play GT4 with HDL ... and it works!!

7. ajprice

ajprice

A related question... I have found this software - http://www.the-console-corner.com/shop/product.php?productid=6535, which enables a USB hard drive to be used through the front USB ports instead of the internal HD in the network adapter bay.

Are PS2 front USB ports USB or USB 2.0? (I have the silver one with built in IR receiver, not sure which model no. that is). If this software works completely on the PS2, with no need for a Windows PC, then I am interested, as I have a Mac, and I think HDD loader with an internal drive would be difficult, if its possible at all! Anyone know more about this, or have it?

8. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Premium

The ports are USB 1.1...

But it looks like you can only transfer games to the drive with use of a PC... If you can find a tool to transfer the games using a Mac (a Mac version of eg. Winhiip ?) I'm sure the rest of the kit will work. It's basically just a bootloader for the PS2 which will load something like HD Advance or HD Loader...

9. RallyF1

RallyF1

sony' hd sucks, i used the one that came with final fantasy 11 and the thing crashed. i'm using seagate now 160 G no problems at all. as for the hd loader, i have the first release on disck and i have a moded hd loader copy in my memory card, hold on let me check the name if it...........it's called ps2 keylauncher
    ps2dev.siirlabs.com. it boots from the memory card using a ps1 game, any ps1 game. and yes there is a patched gt4 for the hd :) , now my original gt4 copy is safe and sound and i'm not worried about scratching the disk. man i love this hd thing.