PS2 Internal Hard Drive

• Thread starter Concept
  • 8 comments

Concept

(Banned)
Does anybody know when the PS2 Internal Hard Drive will be available? This Hard Drive will go in your expansion bay of your PS2.

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Does anybody know when the PS2 Internal Hard Drive will be available? This Hard Drive will go in your expansion bay of your PS2.
i read the other day at IGN about it. I think it said by christmaas:D

I think this hard drive really looks cool, but I've got to have a need for this thing before I spend the money on it. What are you guys going to do?

I need to see a real necessity for it before I spend anything on it (It will be bundled with the ethernet card though.)
I have the shark-link, which allows me to backup my memory card. I have 100 gigs of HD space on my PC do I figure I won't ever need more than that.;)

Originally posted by ViperConcept
I found some info about the hard drive:

: Online Situation Not As Bad As We Though?
Lately there have been a lot of rumors about the status of the ps2's online development. While it's true the release of the online equipment has been pushed back, its not as bad as originally though. Here are some facts to clear up the confusion. First of all the network adapter that will allow you to play games online, is still confirmed for a winter release and will be sold for $39.95. The harddrive which will further the capabilities of the ps2 as an online system will be released sometime early 2002. Several games using the ps2's onlines capabilities have been pushed back as well. Tribes II, Socom: Navy Seals, and Twisted Metal Online will be released in early 2002. However THPS3 and Frequency are still on scehdule and will be online compatable. In order to play games online you only need the network adapter, the harddrive will be used for storage and online browsing. So if you've been acking to play THPS3 online you won't have to wait as long as previously expected.

:D :D :D :D Some of this is goodnews

The coolest thing I can think of for them to do, would be to cache an entire game disk onto the hard drive DURING play, so that you get faster load times after everything is on the hard drive, but you don't have to wait for the game to copy before you start playing.

~LoudMusic

Back