PS2 Problemo

Hey. I LOVE the game "Timesplitters", but the other day when I put it in it started like grinding and making weird noises and not recognizing the game. I tried it numerous times and it still did it. It's like it didn't sit right in the tray, but I couldn't figure out why.

All other discs work fine. Any ideas?

Sorry Stealth. I have no idea what is wrong. If it is a rented game that might be whats wrong. All games I have rented have the name of the store on a sticker that goes on the disc. This causes the game to sound all weird and grind on my PS2. Does it have a sticker on it? If so, that is more than likely your problem.

Btw, is that game any good? I was thinking about buying it the other day but I bought Smugglers Run. :D

that happened with Ridge Racer for me, always made really loud noise louds. Dude then my PS2 broke shortly after that and it only plays DVD discs. it sucks a fatty.

This happened to me with GTA 3, and it turned out to be that the disc was so scratched that the PS2 didn't read it anymore.

The only thing I could do was buy a new one. :(

That's exactly the same thing that happened to me. On my birthday when I had a PS2, I had GTA3 and I noticed that it was scratched and there was this error that said 'Error reading Grand Theft Auto 3 DVD' while I was playing it. I had to tell my mom's boyfriend to replace the scratched GTA3 in exchange for a brand new one at Best Buy.

Originally posted by DeliveratorTitan
Oh I forgot. If you have a GameDoctor machine, use it to repair your scratched GTA3 disc. It's better that way than buying a new GTA3 disc.
Yep the GameDoctors are very useful. They are able to repair like 90% of my scratched disks. :P

Check the disc to make sure it's clean first. Sometimes a CD/DVD player will make funny noises when it's trying really hard to read a disc. Also be sure to try other CDs/CD-ROMs to see if you get the same noise. If you do, you may have a problem with your PS2. :( :thumbsdow

If the disc is scratched, try a GameDoctor. They are well worth the thirty dollars you'll invest. I had a computer CD-ROM that was scratched to hell and basically unreadable; the GameDoctor restored it to an easily-read state. :)

That's the reason why you've bought a GameDoctor. Wasting money on a new game or new previous game you owned after you bought it is impracticable and unneccessary. I should have bought a GameDoctor........

over here we can just take it to our local video store and for $5 they'll repair it like brand new. My friends FFX disk had fallen to the ground and someone scratched it bad along the floor, but he took it in and its like brand new! :)

Latest Posts

Back