Ps2-SharkPort-Computer

• Thread starter GT-40/787b
  • 25 comments
Ok, if i can hold out for the first set of school weeks i will have enough money for a sharkport. My real question is, what product do i use to make hybrids, and can i make my own cars? Thank you for any possible help.

When you get your Sharkport, you will need the MK's Program. You can download it here.

That program will allow you to make all your hybrid wishes.
As for making your own cars, well, nope. You can only alter the cars already existing in GT3. There are however a few secret cars and if you are a NTSC user you can get them.

They are the:

Skyline M-Spec
RUF 911
Lamborghini Diablo
Lancia Stratos
I beleive there are a few special Miatas in there too.
All these cars are listed in the MK Program so you wont have to look very hard for them.

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
So i can get ahold of the base of one of the Diablos than alter it to my liking?

Yep, you will be able to put whatever parts from whatever cars are already in GT3 on that Diablo.

sorry for doing multiple pust, but having the sharkport, will it allow me to play the ps2 on my computer?

No, you wont be able to play the PS2 on your PC. But what the Sharkport does is let you save all your data from your memory cards onto your hard drive, eliminating the need to buy another memory card again. You will also be able to download codes and stuff for hundreds of other games as well. It also let's you post your GT3 replays on a website such as GTPlanet.

so what your saying is that like if i was stuck on a part of max payne, and you ziped a save file after the part where i was at, and you sent it to me, i could un-zip it, put it onto the memory card, and then use it like i did it myself?

Yep!

You can do the same thing with GT3. If you're looking for a game save that has 100% completion or whatever.
Also, but I haven't tried it yet, you can give yourself up to 10 trillion credits on GT3 by using the MK Program to alter your GT3 game data save.

Gamesharks have a bunch of codes for GT3 as well.

Yes, since this is a Hybrid/GameShark thread, i really appriciate the use of the Game Shark. Currently the car/s im using the most are well if you notice what my name is you can very well figure it out.

Hey famine thank you thank you thank you thank you. you have put everything in a nut sheel even my blond sister can understand. is it ok if i change my home site to yours?

ohhh, Windows Excell with hex, or something like that. is it possible to get the stuff from the PAL version and then create your own diablo?

In the PAL version, the bodies of the Diablo, 996 911 GT3 and the two Stratoseseses have been removed. So although you can make hybrids using the cars' parts and chassiseses, you can't use the bodies. At all. Ever. :D

They're the same thing - only the Sharkport isn't produced any more, so you won't be able to get it new.
New = Xport
Used = Sharkport (eBay.. :D)

as a personal opinion which do you think is better. and do i need to have my computer set up to where the PS2 will play on it, and will i need an extra USB cable?

Well... they're identical... So... Both of them...

The device simply connects to your PC and PS2 by two USB cables (so none extra are needed). You don't even need to have the PS2 in the same room - just bring it in when you need to use the Xport. You have to wait until the Xport software loads onto the PS2, so it can be useful to connect it up to a TV also - but it's not vital as it makes a characteristic noise when it's ready (the PS2 itself whirrs a little less... You'll know it when you hear it).

All you need to do is connect the Xport to the PS2 by one USB, connect the Xport to the PC by another USB, have the software installed on the PC, load the software (on another disc) into the PS2 and you're set.

Oh, Windows 98 or better is needed...

does it load all of the memory car on there? also,do the start up disc for the ps2 and the disc for the computer allow the ps2 to work with the computer?

Nope - the PS2 and PC are still mostly separate entities.

You can transfer a whole memory card - or a specific file. It depends on what you choose to do.

Originally posted by Famine
...it can be useful to connect it up to a TV also - but it's not vital as it makes a characteristic noise when it's ready (the PS2 itself whirrs a little less... You'll know it when you hear it).

The Loopy Lupo is one of daan's, but it's probably P001/F094/s tyres.

hey, if its too much to ask nobody has to do it, but i was wandering if somebody could send me a saved game so i could expeiriment with the MK program

Back