PS2 Speakers

• Thread starter BlueSand
  • 7 comments
Hey all, I just got a PS2 a few days ago, and for one thing my TV's sound isnt the best, but I do have some good speakers that have a stereo plug on them (same as headphones). I was wondering if there was a way to hook up these speakers to my PS2. Thanks

you should be able to hook them up to your TV. There's no need, and no way, to hook them up to a PS2. I have a stereo reciever that is connected to my TV, and I use a 3 peice speaker set(with a sub), and it sounds great.

All my TV has are the Red, White, and Yellow AV Cable hookups, along with the actual cable screw in. How would I go about hookin up my speakers usin a headphone jack? I have to buy a reciever huh.... Does anybody know where I can buy a cheap Reciever that will get the job done, and work with my old TV? Thanks.

Bust a move down to Radio Shack and get a red-white rca to stereo headphone adapter plug - then buy a female-female headphone plug adapter (if needed) and hook it up, putting the yellow cable into the tv. Thats what I did.

I have a receiver, but it's hooked up to my family's 32" downstairs, and I'm up on the 2nd Story with a lil' 20", so the Y convertor was the cheapest (like 6$) way to go for my little TV. I already spent 470$ on all my ps2 stuff just recently, so I'm now 50$ in debt to my parents.... oh well, lol.

Back