[PS4][Event] 2018 Rally of Paleto - Event finished! Pictures post #87!

Should the event be postponed in order for more people to make it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
..yeah, not unsurprisingly, being a competitor has proven the most popular option :lol:

I take it I can move you into being a Marshal in case that becomes the more pressing issue?

Also, based on the feedback from four people, I'm going to put the date down as April 28 (to allow maximum time for dripfeeding) at 7 PM CEST, or 1 PM EDT.

Are we allowing the Issi Classic and Michelli GT too (assuming they get dripped in time)? Had a go with them on PC a few days ago, and both of them have a decent selection of rally kits available. I can post some pics of the two in rally trim here in a bit if you'd like.

Are we allowing the Issi Classic and Michelli GT too (assuming they get dripped in time)?

Already got that bit covered:

Potential later additions:
Weeny Issi Classic
Lampadati Michelli GT

And even if they don't make it to this one, depending on how this all turns out, I can't say I wouldn't do another, either with different stages entirely or if the snow returns..

I'd say the Sultan would be a bit overpowered. All of the other cars in the list seem to balance out fairly decently while the Sultan is a good deal quicker than all of them.*

*The Sentinel is debatable. Broughy's videos suggest it should be on-par with the Sultan but I think the lack of traction is gonna hurt it in off-road courses, balancing it out.

Can I use this?

I've left both versions of Sultan out of it - for now. The RS because it - despite being rubbish in the Supers class - would be decimating everything else I have on the list, the regular one because - while it is a 4wd, four door sedan - it's missing some authenticity.

I'm not completely against including them if people want to, though.

I know we're still a month out, but, in addition to enough competitors, I would like at least five Course Marshals. Even if @Custom878 and @Marcus Garvey decide to help out with that, that's three more helping hands I'd need for this to work as intended.

Are we allowing the Issi Classic and Michelli GT too (assuming they get dripped in time)? Had a go with them on PC a few days ago, and both of them have a decent selection of rally kits available. I can post some pics of the two in rally trim here in a bit if you'd like.

How are you getting the Issi Classic in when Script Hook still hasn't been updated?

I'd be up for this. Ideally I'd like to compete, but if push comes to shove I'll happily step in as a marshal.

SitRep a little less than a month before the event: while there's still plenty of time for it to change, the numbers aren't looking fantastic, to the point where if less than 15 people can commit and subsequently be bothered to show up on the day, I'll find some way of adapting this into normal races and have as many of us as possible be participants. That has a series of pros and cons attached to it - though, with less than 15 people, most of the basic ideas can remain by means of Transform Race - but if that's what it's going to take for this to not be a complete waste of time, that's what I'll do.

So, with a tad bit more than two weeks to go, the Issi Classic and Flash GT are looking like the last additions to the list of eligible entries - sadly, R* Logic has decided that neither the Cheburek nor Michelli GT shall be released in time for this.

As for the whole limited-numbers=Transform-race thing.. the numbers have remained stable as far as I've been alerted. I somehow doubt it's because we've run out of people on the game, hence why there'll probably be a GTA-section-wide propaganda tour within not too long, but point is progress is being made on bringing the desired experience to a Transform Race, and those that do show up can have fun with that.

I'm also taking the liberty to tag everyone I've got on the list because.. well, you know how alerts and keeping up with threads work.

@250 GTO
@JR98
@Nuschel01
@JeepXJFreak
@kolio
@Sage Ages
@leeislee
@Marcus Garvey
@Katiegan

I’m out, sorry. But I’ve pretty much stopped playing the game.
Have fun, with what ever you choose to do 👍

I think I'd like to take part as a competitor if possible.. Driving a Karin Sultan RS.. Let me know if I can fit in and ill make time for it. Sounds fun

Because I figured it would be useful information right about now (and might help with the numbers situation), here's the three routes I'll be using for the event as well as a few more details on how it'll all work, regardless if Transform Race or not.

When looking at the routes, you should notice an orange line with a blue or red line at either end:
  • The orange line is simply a rough outline of that particular route - it's not exactly lazer-scanned, but use common sense and you should be able to tell what's part of the route from what isn't.
  • The blue and red lines mark either the start or finish of a particular route.
    • On the Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness and Raton Canyon stages, the red line will mark the finish of one variation and the start of another - both of those will be run in both "normal" and "reverse".
    • For the Paleto Bay Sprint stage, it works a bit differently, as that, for reasons of time (there can really only be three cars on stage at any given time), is only run once - you start at the blue line, drive two full laps of the "circuit", then end at the red line.
Stage order:
  1. Paleto Bay Sprint
  2. Raton Canyon - Blue-Red
  3. Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - Blue-Red
  4. Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - Red-Blue
  5. Raton Canyon - Red-Blue
About cars.. if this isn't done as a Transform Race, the car thing is simple enough, really.

If done as a Transform Race, however, there will, at the start of the race, be a section of road with many checkpoints - one "line" is for those using a car from the Sports class (because that's the class with the largest amount of eligible cars in it, that's the default), the other will permanently be Transform checkpoints that change you into one of the cars from the other classes - if you're not in Sports, take it to the Transform line, find the one that changes you into your car, then continue in the non-Transform line.

The rest of it is rather simple - if you're a driver, follow the Primary checkpoints/the route, and if you're not, follow the Secondary checkpoints that'll also warp you into being a helicopter for reasons of fast transport from one stage to another/media "droning".

@JR98
@Nuschel01
@JeepXJFreak
@SSSmokeVex57
@kolio
@Sage Ages
@leeislee
@Marcus Garvey
@Katiegan

So, how many of you have yet to drop out? :P

As the first "set" of stages has now been fully transformed (no, I'm not particularly proud of that pun), plans for the very, very, within-this-hour-or-so near future, are to have an early test run with whomever can be bothered. I've got a Crew session open. Join that if that sounds like something you might want to spend about 20 minutes on - yes, that's how long I'd say the first "race" is going to take, based on how the Paleto Bay stage can only hold three cars at a time, really.

Technically, if people can use common sense and follow simple instructions with regards to spacing, the fact this has turned into a Transform race means there's really little need for a Timer at the start. If people can also set their Clip Capture to a more sensible time than 30 seconds (I suggest the full hour, just in case) and find a way to get their clips to me, we don't even need a Timer at the end of a stage. As it looks right now, that'd make for a best-case-scenario of 9 competitors and @leeislee as the camera chopper.

@JR98
@Nuschel01
@JeepXJFreak
@SSSmokeVex57
@kolio
@Sage Ages
@leeislee
@Marcus Garvey
@Katiegan

So, how many of you have yet to drop out? :P

As the first "set" of stages has now been fully transformed (no, I'm not particularly proud of that pun), plans for the very, very, within-this-hour-or-so near future, are to have an early test run with whomever can be bothered. I've got a Crew session open. Join that if that sounds like something you might want to spend about 20 minutes on - yes, that's how long I'd say the first "race" is going to take, based on how the Paleto Bay stage can only hold three cars at a time, really.

Technically, if people can use common sense and follow simple instructions with regards to spacing, the fact this has turned into a Transform race means there's really little need for a Timer at the start. If people can also set their Clip Capture to a more sensible time than 30 seconds (I suggest the full hour, just in case) and find a way to get their clips to me, we don't even need a Timer at the end of a stage. As it looks right now, that'd make for a best-case-scenario of 9 competitors and @leeislee as the camera chopper.
I’m still interested. I’ll try joining that test session if it’s still up.

As far as I know I can still make it, however a friend is due to come up from uni this weekend so I may or may not end up going out for a few drinks.

..well, if it makes life easier for everyone - currently on and off the list - I'm open to pushing it back two weeks?

I should be available to fill whatever accessory position required, though I am also fine with moving the date if it is more convenient for others and/or would produce a better turnout.

..if we really want to go *that* far (which, given past history with doing such things, I'm not sure I want to), but..

..there is the Cheburek and Michelli coming, probably right at the end of May..

..and there is a Creator update coming with sweet, sweet Warp Checkpoints to help reduce travel time between Paleto Bay and Raton Canyon..

I should also say that, for some reason, the Savestra isn't available as a vehicle to Transform into. Given that the number of Sports cars - as of right now - vastly outnumber the Sports Classics that'd realistically fit in (which, as of right now amounts to the Retinue, Fagaloa and somewhat-Savestra. Compare that to Flash GT, Sentinel Classic, GB200, Omnis, Tropos and Comet Safari) and given the huge number of available cars across many classes, I doubt changing to make the Sports Classic class the "race default" is that much of a viable option.

Right, I want to get to the bottom of this date malarkey, which, as you might have guessed, is why you've all been tagged yet again - yes, even some of you who said you're out for April 28. Hear me out.

I've added a classic poll. Your options are for it stay as it is, postpone it for two weeks or postpone it until this round of updates is all over, which'll probably put this in the first half of June.

You can vote for all three options if you wish, which I'll take as a "I really have no preference as I should be able to make all three dates". Not voting at all will be taken as a "I've decided I'm not going to take part, either because something's come up (which happens, fair enough) or because it's extremely fun to see rallymorten be optimistic only for it to all come crashing down in the end. It certainly can't be because I haven't been tagged multiple times and just dismissed it".

And yes, what you voted for will be viewable, for reasons of cross-referencing.

You've got slightly less than 60 hours.

@JR98
@Nuschel01
@JeepXJFreak
@SSSmokeVex57
@kolio
@Sage Ages
@leeislee
@Marcus Garvey
@Katiegan

I've voted for any and would like to sign up to do it whenever you end up running the event.

Happy to use any car as I'm at best average and if any of you are top level I'll lose drastically anyway.

Morten, have they actually announced something about warp checkpoints? It's something I've really wanted for a while, especially for rally type ideas so you can run to a dead end and then warp back to the start.

Back