[PS4][Event] 2018 Rally of Paleto - Event finished! Pictures post #87!

Should the event be postponed in order for more people to make it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
full

This may look like a competition at first, but really, it's just me entertaining myself.

Date: Being polled again

How does the event work?

The event is held through the use of two Transform Races, split up into up to three competitive sections that'll be run against the clock. This means that you won't be racing other cars for track position, but will be competing for the best overall time.

Vehicle Availability

For the sake of authenticity, the vehicle selection for competitors will be limited to the following cars:

*Strike-through indicates this car has reached the max. number of users

Obey Omnis
Lampadati Tropos Rallye
Pfister Comet Safari
Ubermacht Sentinel Classic
Vapid GB200
Vapid Flash GT
Vapid Retinue
Vulcar Fagaloa
Weeny Issi Classic
Karin Sultan RS
Rune Cheburek
Lampadati Michelli GT

Ideally, the cars will have a "rally look" to them - racing livery, rollcages, not too crazy aerodynamics etc.

Entry List:

@rallymorten - Vapid Flash GT
@SSSmokeVex57 - Karin Sultan RS
@JR98 - Vapid GB200
@Nuschel01 - Vapid GB200
@JeepXJFreak - Obey Omnis
@doubleg213 - Ubermacht Sentinel Classic

@Sage Ages -
@Marcus Garvey -
@Katiegan -
@JuniorChubb -

Special Guest Appearance:
@leeislee

How does the actual rally side of it work?

The event will take place over three competitive sections, run once in "normal" direction and once in "reverse" direction for a total of five stages. As this has been adapted to a Transform Race, timing will be done through the in-game timer. You will be required to submit a Capture of your race to verify your times.

Please note: Resetting your car during one of these races is strictly forbidden - doing so will result in a penalty.

Stage order:

1. Paleto Bay Sprint
2. Raton Canyon - Blue-Red
3. Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - Blue-Red
4. Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - Red-Blue
5. Raton Canyon - Red-Blue​

Last edited:
If I am available for the scheduled time, I would be happy to volunteer as a course worker, emergency responder, or timing.

As I'm not a good driver I'll happily be the guy in the camera chopper. Fly along side taking photos and so forth.

(I know it's not on the list but I'm more of an average photographer than anything else)

There is potential for us to take one away from the emergency crew and add a film-o-copter. I had sort of intended to have a rescue one as well.

As I'm not a good driver I'll happily be the guy in the camera chopper. Fly along side taking photos and so forth.

(I know it's not on the list but I'm more of an average photographer than anything else)

I'd love to fly the camera chopper!

Why do I keep spending my PS4 budget on travels? :nervous:

Come to think of it, if it happens of course, i'll probably use my jet pack, it'll allow me to get closer to the action.

So you're aiming at being the camera drone that's inevitably going to be struck by a car?

Brilliant idea!
Yeah, I record as much as I can while sticking close, like a drone type thing. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures.

For the sake of ease for everyone, I've added a small list with all the people who, as of right now, has stated an interest, as well as what role they'll be filling.

We've yet to discuss the sensitive subject of timing the thing, but the definite goal here is for it to not be at 3 AM Europe time, yet not quite right-in-prime-activity-time for those further west. As I mentioned before, if everything goes to plan, it should be possible to do this in about an hour (90 minutes at most, but that really is stretching it) so keep that in mind as well.

Write me down as a competitor, in the Pfister Comet Safari. It would justify the money I spend on it, if I actually used it for something

I should be able to make it.

Would ideally like to be a driver in the Tropos Rallye

Right, since my way of deciding dates has proven as successful as usual, I'm going to throw some suggestions out there:

March 31, April 14 or April 28, somewhere around what'll then be 8 PM CEST aka 2 PM EDT. Time zone conversion had me fooled for a moment since you folks switch a few weeks earlier than we, but that should be correct.

I realise 2 PM is right in prime-activity-time, particularly this time of year, but it's a suggestion and it's out there now.

I've given the scheduling some more thought.

I did offer March 31 as an option, but it's come to my attention that's the Easter weekend. If hosting it some other day in the Easter holiday opens up times for more people, that will be looked into.

I've given the scheduling some more thought.

I did offer March 31 as an option, but it's come to my attention that's the Easter weekend. If hosting it some other day in the Easter holiday opens up times for more people, that will be looked into.

Can you add a poll in the thread? May help narrow down a date.

Because doing it otherwise would involve about 50 poll choices, I've put a link to a poll at the very top of the OP. Consider this a first round mainly focused on finding the actual date, though I have thrown in times as well, just to see if there's any immediate issues.

Status on the date vote after.. 3 people:

It's currently looking like either April 1, April 13-15 or April 28.

Also I took The Missing Tropos for a test drive on some of the stages today. They definitely get a pass:

If I‘m allowed to use the new GB200 I‘d like to be a competitor 👍

Next event should be the GTP500 or something with the Hotring :lol:

Next event should be the GTP500 or something with the Hotring :lol:

I did vent that idea in the main thread. Maybe, depending on how this goes..?

I will get around to adding both the GB200 and Fagaloa and doing the necessary, other updates.

Put me down as a competitor. I'll probably use an Obey Omnis unless the Vapid Flash GT gets dripfed in time.

Also how come the Vapid Trophy Truck, Vapid Desert Raid, and MTL Dune are left out?

how come the Vapid Trophy Truck, Vapid Desert Raid, and MTL Dune are left out?

Simple: they're "rally raid" cars, not "rally" cars.

Their time may come. After this and the potential Los Santos 500.

Got you down for the Omnis thus far. I'll reserve final judgment on the Flash for if it releases before the event.

It is for now (did my best to make it look like a production car), but I'll probably change it so it has a proper rally livery for the actual event.
Mine has the #6 rally livery, forgot there also was the blue stripe around the bottom of the car, I guess that‘s what yours has :boggled:

Mine has the #6 rally livery, forgot there also was the blue stripe around the bottom of the car, I guess that‘s what yours has :boggled:
Mine currently has the double blue racing stripes with the car painted Ice White.

Back