[PS4] MONDAYS: Aston Martin DBR1/300 1959 - 20:30-21:30BST - Season 2 - Champion SimbaloraFinished 

Sorry max

Here are the results at Imola

Imola.jpg

Good racing, had crash, at the top of the hill, car rolled over, got hit by al:indiff:
Car was quite badly damaged, pitted after a couple of laps, does damage get repaired?

So hope I didn't get in anyone's way.

What type of internet do you have Max?

Running virgin but in WiFi can't get a cable too far away from router.I will try a bt booster in wall to help but don't hold out much hope.So will probably finish my racing plus two kid's also use at around the same time.Thanks again max.

Good racing, had crash, at the top of the hill, car rolled over, got hit by al:indiff:
Car was quite badly damaged, pitted after a couple of laps, does damage get repaired?

So hope I didn't get in anyone's way.

What type of internet do you have Max?

John,
I actually did test this in the pits under our exact racing conditions, and yes the damage is repaired if you can make it driving around to pits. Since we run with forced default set ups, this locks set up tuning and pit strategy while you are sitting in the garage pre-race. The default pit strategy does repair everything except brakes. So all body, aero, suspension etc. Is repaired.
I tested this by crashing my car hard enough into a wall to have obvious sheet metal damage I could see from cockpit view, as well as bent suspension (which race engineer as well as a screen graphic points out), then drove around into pits. It was obvious then that all damage was repaired once I left pit.
If we are going to run with 'full damage' on, then it would behoove us all to try to avoid direct head-on or rear end contact with walls ( I am talking about perpendicular) as this could result in a wheel coming off. Sometimes you can drive around to pits with 3 wheels, but I wouldn't count on it! Of course as we know, If you have to zap yourself to garage during race, you will be retired and out of the race!
Hope this answers your question....
Skip

Skip, on the count down to the end of race, car still looked damaged.
But car was driving better after I pitted this might be hard in the Lotus.

Running virgin but in WiFi can't get a cable too far away from router.I will try a bt booster in wall to help but don't hold out much hope.So will probably finish my racing plus two kid's also use at around the same time.Thanks again max.

If your router is too far from the PS4 to use a direct cable connection you can try using powerline adapters which send the internet signal over your mains cable - I got a pair from PC World for £25.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/powerline/xx-criteria.html

No I haven't Skip, how do you change it.
You can change pit strategy on any car in pre race garage, except in our case because we are locked into a default set up. I asked because I found that if you have any saved pit strategies from any other car you have been driving it might overide the default pit strategy for the DBR1 and maybe prevent the sheet metal from being fixed???? Total guess here, just trying to figure out why your mechanical damage was fixed, but not your sheet metal.

Guys, did anyone else incur damage enough to pit during the race???

I am going to play around with this some more to try to figure it out better.

No I haven't Skip, how do you change it.
You can change pit strategy on any car in pre race garage, except in our case because we are locked into a default set up. I asked because I found that if you have any saved pit strategies from any other car you havd heen driving it might overide the default pit strategy for the DBR1 and maybe prevent the sheet metal from being fixed???? Total guess here, just trying to figure out why your mechanical damage was fixed,

Marks on the paint work Skip.

John,
I did more testing...You know what? I do believe you have discovered a glitch in pcars! I crashed on purpose again today, then drove to pits...As soon I stopped in pit, the body damage disappeared as it normally does when repaired. The suspension damage - which was pronounced - was also gone when I was released from pit. Car drove normally and looked fine visually (crumpled front end and hood were smooth and normal looking from cockpit view).
Ok now the weird part. I saved and watched the replay and when I went into the pit, the damaged bodywork was still there after I pulled away from pits!!! So, real time the damage disappeared from view and was obviously repaired (I did this at LeMans, and there was no added drag down Mousan straight after pit stop.. same speed down straight as before crash, 10 mph more than after crash). Yet in replay (therefore I am guessing also in post race cool down laps video which is same replay system) the damage was still there visually, not in actuality!
Skip

No problem John - see you next week. I made your brilliant photo into a poster!

AM Poster New.jpg

As part of our build up to the Le Mans race on Monday, enjoy this colour documentary of Aston Martin at Le Mans in 1959 complete with a boogie woogie piano accompaniment for the onboard lap:

Back