[PS4] OSCA World Sports Cars Series (P2/GT3)Finished 

• Thread starter Esgaloth
  • 127 comments
One person HAS to pick the Marek actually. its the only one left. 3 RWD, 3 Oreca, 1 Alpine. All thats left is the Marek
Yea but I doubt you gunna force some one to race that car! Ahaha.

I know you have been testing the oreca for 2 months but you must drive the marek! Ahah :lol::lol:

Yea but I doubt you gunna force some one to race that car! Ahaha.

I know you have been testing the oreca for 2 months but you must drive the marek! Ahah :lol::lol:
Edited (noticed you were in GT)

Well it was a listed rule within the Original Post that there was a 3 car/1 livery limit for each class when it comes to picking. Its not like it wasn't a rule made out of nowhere. Theres still 12 Days until the race, and your driving style will most likely have to adapt to the 6.0 Update as it is since tyre heat is accelerating. As far as it stands, I'm still looking to enforce this rule since it wasnt some last minute change. Its a first come first serve kind of thing. Just like how someone got the Alpine First (Which I really should count as an Oreca, but I dont since theres only 1)

Esagloth, another thing I wanted to clarify regarding race conditions: it states that it will be based on current race time, and therefore, at 4:15pm EST, in Dubai, is 1:15AM I believe. Will we actually have to race in nighttime or will you adjust this?

Edited (noticed you were in GT)

Well it was a listed rule within the Original Post that there was a 3 car/1 livery limit for each class when it comes to picking. Its not like it wasn't a rule made out of nowhere. Theres still 12 Days until the race, and your driving style will most likely have to adapt to the 6.0 Update as it is since tyre heat is accelerating. As far as it stands, I'm still looking to enforce this rule since it wasnt some last minute change. Its a first come first serve kind of thing. Just like how someone got the Alpine First (Which I really should count as an Oreca, but I dont since theres only 1)
I wanna know what the original post said. :lol::lol:

Esagloth, another thing I wanted to clarify regarding race conditions: it states that it will be based on current race time, and therefore, at 4:15pm EST, in Dubai, is 1:15AM I believe. Will we actually have to race in nighttime or will you adjust this?
It'll be based on the Daytime conditions of the race date that we race on. So if its raining at Dubai, it will rain. however, thats highly unlikely.

I wanna know what the original post said. :lol::lol:

-Each Class will have a max cap of 8 Drivers. No more than 3 of each car will be allowed.

-Duplicate liveries are not allowed. Its first come first serve. Factory Liveries will be given the number first. After that, it becomes whoever gets that Number first. If you chose a livery with a number that is already taken, you will receive a #0 in front of your Number. (Ex: #72 and #072)

-Each Class will have a max cap of 8 Drivers. No more than 3 of each car will be allowed.

-Duplicate liveries are not allowed. Its first come first serve. Factory Liveries will be given the number first. After that, it becomes whoever gets that Number first. If you chose a livery with a number that is already taken, you will receive a #0 in front of your Number. (Ex: #72 and #072)
No before you edited it. Sorry.

I have read through the OP Manny times don't worry! Aha

It'll be based on the Daytime conditions of the race date that we race on. So if its raining at Dubai, it will rain. however, thats highly unlikely.
So no night time racing? That would have been cool because if the flud lighting at that track.

So no night time racing? That would have been cool because if the flud lighting at that track.
Not sure yet. I may make one of them Night Time. THis is my first actual series so If a race is at night or transitions into nights, Ill let you know.

No before you edited it. Sorry.

I have read through the OP Manny times don't worry! Aha
I'm pretty sure I had it there when I first made the post. If not I do apologize, like I said its my first series, but its a rule I wanted to make to avoid a multitude of the same car.

Esgaloth - now that patch 6.0 is out... do you think there's a possibility of allowing ABS?
Most likely not due to the fact that If I allow only TCS and ABS, then Prototype gets it which is something I want to avoid. However, if I put on Real Aids, then some GT3s (Z4 is one of them) get ASM as well, which is...just meh. Now I know no one is using the Z4, but Its still supposed to follow the idea that what if someone had chosen it. Like I said before, its not hard to adjust your settings to help braking, or even be easier on your Brake Pedal/Assigned Braking Button.

Edit: I'll give you an answer by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Most likely not due to the fact that If I allow only TCS and ABS, then Prototype gets it which is something I want to avoid. However, if I put on Real Aids, then some GT3s (Z4 is one of them) get ASM as well, which is...just meh. Now I know no one is using the Z4, but Its still supposed to follow the idea that what if someone had chosen it. Like I said before, its not hard to adjust your settings to help braking, or even be easier on your Brake Pedal/Assigned Braking Button.

Edit: I'll give you an answer by the end of the week.

Thanks. I was doing some testing yesterday for the first time without ABS... and my pace is now down by a whole two seconds... with tuning adjustments for braking applied. I can keep tuning and making adjustments, however, it's really hard nailing a solid lap especially with that winding right-hander (turn 6) that goes into the 90-degree right turn (turn 7). You have to be ever so careful on the brake there or else you slide wide.

To be honest...I'm afraid I just won't be competitive without ABS, so I really hope you reconsider!

my long winded 2 cents. I have mostly driven GT3 since the game came out and have always used real assists. Driving with abs off practicing some I was about .7 to 1.2 seconds off my abs time at Dubai. Of course I didnt practice a ton just a little and I did make alot of changes to the car to get it to handle more like im used too. Mostly brake pressure and relearning brake points for some corners as I cannot trail brake and turn at same time without upsetting car as easy as I could. I do think that I could get faster and maybe at times run laps as fast as I do with abs but it did bring up a concern.

I had to do alot to the car and drive a little different. This kind of felt counter productive like im trying to make car feel like it felt with abs so i don't have two ways of driving the car depending on how the room is set up. Takes my simple mind a bit to adjust to the driving style when settings change sometimes. This also makes me have to have two separate tunes for each track. As I get better with no abs im sure this be less work and understanding.

So really we are trying to be fair and balanced, keep it even. I truly find that each car driving with their respected assist is the balanced way to set the cars up at this point. Lets take the aston GTE for example. It drives much better from the start without abs because its made to run that way(this actually made me reconsider my car choice if we keep it off as the gte was very nice to drive with no abs). It can far exceed any GT3 car on fuel usage and tire wear. GT3 cars with no abs will use even more tires up while the Aston already has a big advantage. Yes the GTE does suffer some in the straights but it's amazing in the corners. The GTE's also have far more adjust-ability with the cars especially the gear boxes. The GT3's are homologated for Paul Ricard and the GTE's for Lemans. This is why the GT3's are so unbalanced at lemans. I also worry about cars like the merc that suffer in areas like braking and now it be even weaker in that regard, possibly upsetting overall balance of pace of the cars as a whole although no way to confirm withput testing.

I used to drive the z4 alot and it has stability control. Its the only GT3 to have it and it needs it to be able to drive car at limit. I used to think that limit was a little overpowered, I know most won't agree with that but it has lost a little time in the last few patches and it needs the stability to really be able to put the power down on exit. The car was just built to use it. I got used to being able to drive it without stability but it does give it more pace and that puts it on par with other cars. Some tracks though, its just a beast if you know what your doing.

With the racing ive done and the series I have been apart of I feel that the Z4, Audi, Mclaren, Ruf, Bentley(since last patch), Merc, and Aston GT3 are on pace with each other. The Ginetta seems to be a bit off pace and seems to be a straight line speed deficiency. In sprint races the M3 seems good but the aston GTE a tad slow unless your really good in the car but over longer distances both the GTE cars start to really shine. This series is setup for their strengths.

I was watching a PWC race this year and one of the GT3 drivers was talking about moving down from a faster class and was asked about using a assists and said their is a misconception that the assists make you faster and that the gentlemen and amateur drivers need it but what it allows you to be is consistently fast lap after lap and in a longer race that is very important. He mentioned that it might be possible to do a faster lap by a tenth or two with tc off but for every faster lap he would have a slower lap.

Im really down with whatever you do, your doing a great job for your first series and I can adapt. Just throwing out my opinion and not trying to sway anyone. The truth is we really won't know how the balance will be till we start to run and it would probably take the whole season to really be able to get a grip on it, so make your best educated decision and it can always be revisited after the season. I might really consider a car change to a GTE though if we keep abs off, if Im allowed too. Just so I don't have to have 2 ways of driving/setting up one car.

I'm in the same boat as @Fight-Test here, I've not really driven anything in a competitive environment other then GT3 cars, and the only driving aid I've ever used is ABS, I have driven the Z4 with ASM and for my tune I didn't find it helpful at all, some tracks like Monza there wasn't a change, but others like Watkins Glen with the bust stop style chicane it would hinder you horribly, I have a very solid Z4 tune that I use as a base for all circuits if you wish to use it to conduct testing @Esgaloth

you guys doing ok with the tire changes?

Also, quick question and sorry if it's been talked about but wanted to verify that in game race date is the actual real date we race on? Example: nov 28 is the real date and game date used?

Last edited:
you guys doing ok with the tire changes?

Also, quick question and sorry if it's been talked about but wanted to verify that in game race date is the actual real date we race on? Example: nov 28 is the real date and game date used?
Yes November 28th will be the In-Game race date. I think track time will be...14:00. Also, I'll be adding everyone in the series over the weekend as well as making a PSN Chat for last minute race rule clarifications. I'm doing this because I simply don't like using a headset to clarify because its much easier to get text across.

quick update, livery for my vehicle:
Runner #81
Thanks @rocafella1978 , Ill update the OP

So I was thinking of changing my livery on the A450...what do you guys think??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 15
So I was thinking of changing my livery on the A450...what do you guys think??
Oh lol the Red Livery Glitch. Yea id just stick to the normal livery. A: its a full numbered actual livery, and B: Its not glitched in.

Back