[PS4] PITSxSRM | Thursday Night AC Racing (Currently in ACC)

So just a quick heads up this is what we are driving next season
20200504_210912.jpg

Hey guys, my first race here and I'm a bit confused, there are too many posts. Can anyone help me summarise the key points here please?

- Next race: Mugello (7:30 pm EST)
- Car: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup only?
- Race format: Quali and two races one after another? How many laps each race?
- Any mandatory pit stops?
- Is the headset and mic Party thing on playstation required?
(I've never used it before, not very keen on chat during race..)

Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks!!

Hey guys, my first race here and I'm a bit confused, there are too many posts. Can anyone help me summarise the key points here please?

- Next race: Mugello (7:30 pm EST)
- Car: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup only?
- Race format: Quali and two races one after another? How many laps each race?
- Any mandatory pit stops?

Thanks!!

Hey mate.

Yes for the timing and for the car. It's 3 Sprint races of 30 mns each I think, no stops required.

No news to join the party if you dont want to :-)

Good luck! I might not be able to make it tomorrow

Hey mate.

Yes for the timing and for the car. It's 3 Sprint races of 30 mns each I think, no stops required.

No news to join the party if you dont want to :-)

Good luck! I might not be able to make it tomorrow
Thank you gaul for clearing up things
@Bruno

SO race day alert for tonight race will be two 18 lap races at muggelo first race is based off quali second race will be reverse grid of first race.

Mugello 18 laps for race 1 and 2
Also pit stops are not required but you can pit under the caution I will also announce the laps for each race the night, before race night
@Riggy
@slthree
@Canita
@HazardLvL4
@Alex ONeill
@potvinsuks
@bigtimedave
@SGETI
@coltsjugg
@sgohsixthree
@davidt33
@ONESPACE
@yogi bear
@Stanc03
@CB_racer
@Mike Lobban
@Senna94f1
@swjaxon
@Hanable

@Luckymouse71
@etcetera_911
@aerolite
@GTLehman
@yogi bear
@cesar_alfetta
@Wilo28
@Rednose58
@TheGaul22
@Bruno Gallo

Thanks!!

You don't have to talk, but to best communicate the Caution period, you'll need to be able to hear chat. We'll be running a random caution period that will be called out over voice chat. We'll run a test before the race to be sure everyone can hear.

Apologies beforehand for the chatty-kathys in coms.:lol:

No worries guys, thank you all for organising and the info – appreciate it.

I haven't been able to practice so gonna go with the default setup and just for fun, hopefully I won't be too much off the pace...

I've never connected to the Party on PS4 before, hopefully can hear via the controller? I don't have a compatible headset and mic.

See you soon, cheers!

Sorry for my network issues last night.

I didn't receive an invitation to the party chat or the lobby, so I found the lobby in the online feature and the party chat through the friends list. Everybody's mic was muted.

So, when I ended up on pole position I knew I had a "problem" if I stayed there and the time for the caution comes up..... so, I decided to "spin" (haha... not really...) But, it did bother me a lot not to have communication and not knowing what was going on. So, I decided my car "broke down" and I couldn't start the 2nd race. Sh...t happens. So I left.

After I left I started another game and tried to join a lobby, but it didn't let me in. I eventually restarted my PS4 and suddenly all the messages and invitations popped up..... Then I was really mad that I didn't do that earlier.....

I really had a good feel for the car and track until I lost my rhythm during the race. For the first time I experienced what it feels like to push a car to the limits without losing control. I didn't even sweat or tried hard. It just went faster and faster and faster.

Anybody want to see a Wanker fug up two guaranteed podiums? Jeez, I run out of gas twice on Tuesday SRM and now this. Gallo....great and clean racing, that was fun. As a matter of fact, all the newer guys are fitting in like OJ’s glove.....a hockey stick in a garbage can......Sgeti’s arse in his new rig, (without the Italian butt juice thank you).
Good times guys, can’t wait for the Abarths.

Anybody want to see a Wanker fug up two guaranteed podiums? Jeez, I run out of gas twice on Tuesday SRM and now this. Gallo....great and clean racing, that was fun. As a matter of fact, all the newer guys are fitting in like OJ’s glove.....a hockey stick in a garbage can......Sgeti’s arse in his new rig, (without the Italian butt juice thank you).
Good times guys, can’t wait for the Abarths.

Nice one mate! Thanks, you too. You drove well I couldn't pass when was behind ya... maybe it seemed as I was too cautions but matter of fact I couldn't find a proper gap to send it - the couple of times in that 'S' (sector 3) I was having a look but it was too risky over there for contact plus you'd be on the inside in the second leg of the 'S'. I was trying to get you on the straight but you had a very good exit on last corner :)

Also had some great battles with Stan.

Good stuff lads - can't wait to the next one.

Cheers

Yeah but it does help a lot in terms of inclusion/participation with your other lobby racers amongst other things.
I personally feel those who choose not to participate in chat and stay silent to be offstandish. Why not participate as such with your fellow racers.

And as Lobbie said great to have you with us. Welcome bro.
Get a headset and mike though and join in chat.

Last edited:
Sorry for my network issues last night.

I didn't receive an invitation to the party chat or the lobby, so I found the lobby in the online feature and the party chat through the friends list. Everybody's mic was muted.

So, when I ended up on pole position I knew I had a "problem" if I stayed there and the time for the caution comes up..... so, I decided to "spin" (haha... not really...) But, it did bother me a lot not to have communication and not knowing what was going on. So, I decided my car "broke down" and I couldn't start the 2nd race. Sh...t happens. So I left.

After I left I started another game and tried to join a lobby, but it didn't let me in. I eventually restarted my PS4 and suddenly all the messages and invitations popped up..... Then I was really mad that I didn't do that earlier.....

I really had a good feel for the car and track until I lost my rhythm during the race. For the first time I experienced what it feels like to push a car to the limits without losing control. I didn't even sweat or tried hard. It just went faster and faster and faster.

Hey red I'm sorry man. You where really fast at Mugello if this ever happens just restart system and rejoin man.
And and about going faster and faster this is why I've been liking assetto corsa once you get in a rythem with the cars it's super rewarding..

Stance is butt hurt from being a loser and letting me beat him like a rented mule.
ADB, we line up in race two in reverse order from the first race by not racing from the start flag. The flag drops, we shuffle ourselves into position and usually green flag it on the back straight.....works easy peasy.

Race day alert bros tonight is going to be all about high speeds. Track is super fast and kinda long race will be Hella fun though. Also becareful going side by side the bumps are different in each lane

Highlands Circuit and both races will be 13 laps with random caution thrown in

@Riggy
@slthree
@Canita
@HazardLvL4
@Alex ONeill
@potvinsuks
@bigtimedave
@SGETI
@coltsjugg
@sgohsixthree
@davidt33
@ONESPACE
@yogi bear
@Stanc03
@CB_racer
@Mike Lobban
@Senna94f1
@swjaxon
@Hanable

@Luckymouse71
@etcetera_911
@aerolite
@GTLehman
@yogi bear
@cesar_alfetta
@Wilo28
@Rednose58
@TheGaul22
@Bruno Gallo

Race day alert bros tonight is going to be all about high speeds. Track is super fast and kinda long race will be Hella fun though. Also becareful going side by side the bumps are different in each lane

Highlands Circuit and both races will be 13 laps with random caution thrown in
Did a little practice run yesterday on that Highlands track and found it was quite an interesting track including the bumps etc. Still need to get more familiar with it but will do so in practice session tonight.
I think I recall we raced on that track sometime before. The corner/area just before the pits rang a bell. Maybe it was on one of the other Highlands versions I dunno. Or could very well be when we were practicing before the actual series.

Did a little practice run yesterday on that Highlands track and found it was quite an interesting track including the bumps etc. Still need to get more familiar with it but will do so in practice session tonight.
I think I recall we raced on that track sometime before. The corner/area just before the pits rang a bell. Maybe it was on one of the other Highlands versions I dunno. Or could very well be when we were practicing before the actual series.
We did the shortest version
@Stanc03

Hey mate, unfortunately I won't be able to race in this one :( – shame, but I have some work conflicting times...

Next time! Have fun fellas

Hey man we will be starting a fresh season soon hopefully you can jump in from the start your really fast lol

If my opinion counts, stay with AC. Pcars is getting old, we’ve been racing it steady for two and a half years. AC at least gives us a little game variety. I find the tire and car handling physics are a little better too. The turn out has been good enough to continue and possibly grow to full lobbies till something better cums along. Also being able to compete with the big boys is not something I’m used to and I’m thoroughly enjoying being near the front for a change.
Last nights comedy of errors. Sure was fun tho.

Last edited:
If my opinion counts, stay with AC. Pcars is getting old, we’ve been racing it steady for two and a half years. AC at least gives us a little game variety. I find the tire and car handling physics are a little better too. The turn out has been good enough to continue and possibly grow to full lobbies till something better cums along. Also being able to compete with the big boys is not something I’m used to and I’m thoroughly enjoying being near the front for a change.
Last nights comedy of errors. Sure was fun tho.

Yeah you've been doing pretty good Lobbie and seem to be enjoying it. It would be nice to go back to Pcars sometime though if even for 1 or 2 seasons. Kinda missing it though I'm enjoying AC too.
If we remain on AC for 1 or 2 more seasons I wish we could get some cars with medium or soft slick tyres as opposed to the ones we've raced thus far with the limitation of only hard or semislicks. Would be nice to have a little more grip.

Back