PS4 PSN ID change and GT Sport

South Africa
South Africa
Guys.. considering changing my PSN ID. Has anyone else here done it yet? Did it affect your GT Sport save data?
Just a bit worried that the game checks your offline Save Data to their online Server Save Data to verify authenticity every time we log in to GT Sport. Would hate to lose my game data by doing this.

And Sony's disclaimers when changing the ID... are scary as hell as it is!

Guys.. considering changing my PSN ID. Has anyone else here done it yet? Did it affect your GT Sport save data?
Just a bit worried that the game checks your offline Save Data to their online Server Save Data to verify authenticity every time we log in to GT Sport. Would hate to lose my game data by doing this.

And Sony's disclaimers when changing the ID... are scary as hell as it is!

ID has been changed this morning but I haven't had a chance to login to the PS4 yet as at work, I will let you know later today.

ID has been changed this morning but I haven't had a chance to login to the PS4 yet as at work, I will let you know later today.
Cool, thanks.
Any idea why they say back up ALL save games on ALL profiles on the PS4? You should check if the other profiles save games on your PS4 are fine, if you can. Thanks again :)

In order to cover themselves in case something goes wrong.

They put up a list of tested games, and GT Sport is in the "no known issues" list: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...nt/access-and-details/change-online-id-games/

Given PD's track record of making new bugs appear with their own updates to the game though, I wouldn't risk it. And I really hate my PSN name.

As yer a fellow Weegie you might like this one... Bite_Ma_Big_Hairy_Banger

Get the feeling they might not let that one through. :lol::lol::lol:

In order to cover themselves in case something goes wrong.

They put up a list of tested games, and GT Sport is in the "no known issues" list: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...nt/access-and-details/change-online-id-games/

Given PD's track record of making new bugs appear with their own updates to the game though, I wouldn't risk it. And I really hate my PSN name.
I sure hope their just being a tad cautious and their not holding back on outright telling us the consequences.. I've been having a bit of a PS3 Renaissance moment lately, going and playing some old games I missed, and I'd hate for trophies and other stuff on PS3 to not sync or something.

I feel my heart racing just reading their disclaimers on the PS4 account management name change screen. . Like, "Are you sure, I mean are YOU SURE? I mean, Are you SERIOUSLY GOING THROUGH WITH THIS?!?!" type Sony disclaimers.

I changed mine just now. I still haven't logged into GT Sport yet but, if anyone is using the GTS Companion app(the unofficial one) it is still using my old psn id and if I try to log in with my new one it says PSN ID not found. Maybe that will change when I actually start GT Sport so I will follow up tonight.

I love how I can finally change my PSN ID. Apparently I had mine since 2008!

The only downside for me is in GT Sport I had come to recognize a lot of the usernames since we often match with same players. So I had an idea who was dirty who was fast etc. Now I bet most people will change usernames so I'll have to relearn who everyone is.

Also is it possible to change our name on this site? I'd like to keep it the same as my PSN ID.

Last edited:
Why is everyone changing their PSN names all of a sudden?

its the first time you have ever been able to change it on playstation. i changed my name because my account was banned/suspended 5 years ago and i called them and they gave my account back but i had to pick a new name but panicked and picked trash stencedaddy420 on the phone lmao. i didnt want to tell the chick on the phone to make my name Pat McCrotch again in case thats why i was suspended lol.

and to dairyworker im going back to my original childish funny name because i miss it and miss being able to yell patty mccrotch after i make a nice play lool.

Last edited:
I think for most it is that they are not so happy with the name they choose when they were younger possibly less mature individuals lol

Had mine since it was a thing... it's never gonna change.

That makes perfect sense. :cheers:

Same here, I’ve had mine since the beginning, was it on PS2 or PS3? I can’t even remember now.

Edit: I didn’t know that you were not able to change it before now, thanks for the info @Stencedaddy :cheers:

Last edited:
its the first time you have ever been able to change it on playstation. i changed my name because my account was banned/suspended 5 years ago and i called them and they gave my account back but i had to pick a new name but panicked and picked trash stencedaddy420 on the phone lmao. i didnt want to tell the chick on the phone to make my name Pat McCrotch in case thats why i was suspended lol.

and to dairyworker im going back to my original childish funny name because i miss it and miss being able to yell patty mccrotch after i make a nice play lool.

That's a great name man. I have friends that are gonna change thier names and i don't get it generally. How embarrassing can it be, it's a stupid video game alias.

="Pigems,

Same here, I’ve had mine since the beginning, was it on PS2 or PS3? I can’t even remember now.
ps2 i think....

That's a great name man. I have friends that are gonna change thier names and i don't get it generally. How embarrassing can it be, it's a stupid video game alias.

i felt like a cornball with 420 in my name tbh lol. i loved xbox 360 because instead of a ban I got to change my name for free if people reported me. I went through a bunch of names.

Pat McCrotch
Neil Anblomi
Harry Boughner
Dixon Yarmouth (Still my 360 name and lasted the longest)

i also managed to have an account named USA SUCKS **** with a different spelling of the censored word but it was swiftly reported in like 24 hours lmao. i used to just see how long ridiculous names would last lol.

i felt like a cornball with 420 in my name tbh lol. i loved xbox 360 because instead of a ban I got to change my name for free if people reported me. I went through a bunch of names.

Pat McCrotch
Neil Anblomi
Harry Boughner
Dixon Yarmouth (Still my 360 name and lasted the longest)

i also managed to have an account named USA SUCKS **** with a different spelling of the censored word but it was swiftly reported in like 24 hours lmao. i used to just see how long ridiculous names would last lol.

Those are some wicked screen names man, well done. :cheers:

Here’s a few more for the future. Ben Dover, Hugh Jass and Amanda Huggenkiss. :lol:

I hadn’t thought about these in years lol. https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_crank_calls

I renamed my alt account, which I use for racing without qualifying, GridPenalty_V.

I did one race C yesterday and after checking KP I found that around a quarter of the players in that race had changed their ID.

@Milouse Do you know if the new PSN IDs will become synced with the old stats sooner or later?

I renamed my alt account, which I use for racing without qualifying, GridPenalty_V.

I did one race C yesterday and after checking KP I found that around a quarter of the players in that race had changed their ID.

@Milouse Do you know if the new PSN IDs will become synced with the old stats sooner or later?
Thank you for pointing me on that matter ;)
I was waiting for the renaming feature to be active to implement a solution around this, propably a rename on profile access.
How did you find 25% name changed on a race?

So on the unofficial GTS Companion app, my PSN ID changed after I launched GT sport but my qualy times in the daily races are not showing up. Even though I set times last night the top 100 feature doesn't show where I place and says my time is 0:00.000

@Milouse I imagine he went to the friends tab in PS4 menu and checked the "players met" feature. If they selected the option their former name would be in parenthesis.

Back