[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
Uncharted 4 - Delayed till April 26, 2016

Quote from Uncharted 4 Directors:

"This is our largest Uncharted game to date, and the team has been working incredibly hard to meet the challenge of closing out the game’s development in a timely manner. However, as we approached our final deadlines and started wrapping up the game’s levels, we realized that several key sequences needed extra resources to bring them to the finish line. After carefully considering all of our options, we decided to extend our schedule, making sure that we get a few more polish passes before submitting our gold master (the final disc for manufacturing)."

It's worth the wait guys! 👍 So prior to the launch date Sony could at least provide us with the Story trailer.

Last edited:
Shame that the game will be delayed but gald i did not pull the trigger and pre-ordered it.
Anyways, I'd like to share this with the ones who have missed the demo.

Anybody else pre-ordered the Libertalia Collector's Edition?

Feel crazy for buying it but that Drake statue looks lovely.

Anybody else pre-ordered the Libertalia Collector's Edition?

Feel crazy for buying it but that Drake statue looks lovely.

Was going to but decided not to due to the price tag, $229NZD!

Pre-ordered the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Plus Edition instead.

@Brend
U4 - Libertalia Collection inspection & bugs getting fixed prior to launch

uncharted-4-Libertalia-edition-image.jpg

I was very skeptical of the 4th installment in the franchise given my absolute hatred of the 3rd game. However, the change of composer from Greg Edmonson, whom I didn't much like, to Henry Jackman, who did great work on Captain America: Winter Soldier and X-Men: First Class, I'm starting to think this game might jusst have a chance of being really good. I hope the excellent writing and sound design that the Last of Us had is evident in Uncharted 4 as well.

Might just go ahead and get the Special Edition, as Naughy Dog concept art is usually exceptional to look at.

More than anything, I just hope that the game isn't constant action as that was what ruined Uncharted 3.

More than anything, I just hope that the game isn't constant action as that was what ruined Uncharted 3.
Yeah, I hate the constant action crap you see in videogames these days (I hated the Gear of War games for this reason). Uncharted 3 took the "action movie" thing too far, but I still loved the game. But I agree, I hope Uncharted 4 calms things down a bit, spaces out the action sets and lets you enjoy the exploration aspect of the games.

I figure Uncharted 3 was 'all action' as at the time it was probably the closing entry in the trilogy. As with most movies etc,the final piece goes all out...now looking back with a 4th installment coming out it looks pretty silly. :lol:

Did ND say in any way that UC4 is the last Uncharted? Or is it the last Uncharted with Drake (his story will conclude in UC4) ?
If it is the last one, it is a shame, seeing all the progress they've made bringing Uncharted to the current-gen consoles.

The details on the trailer tho. That mountain view, the details of the character models (there's even visible strands of chest hair!). Can't wait to play this, might pre-order the Special edition instead of the much more expensive Libertalia edition.

Did ND say in any way that UC4 is the last Uncharted? Or is it the last Uncharted with Drake (his story will conclude in UC4) ?
If it is the last one, it is a shame, seeing all the progress they've made bringing Uncharted to the current-gen consoles.

The details on the trailer tho. That mountain view, the details of the character models (there's even visible strands of chest hair!). Can't wait to play this, might pre-order the Special edition instead of the much more expensive Libertalia edition.
They haven't really alluded to it being the final one but it feels like it might be.

It would be good in a way to have a suitable conclusion rather than just keeping the series going for the sake of it I'd say.

MP Maps from the 1st beta will be returning back into the 2nd mp beta, but seems that there will be a brand new MP Map, based on the SP:

25416174455_75b04c7ae3_z.jpg

We need your help to do all we can to have a smooth launch of our online Multiplayer mode. We will be hosting a Multiplayer Stress Test this weekend where the goal is to get as many people as possible playing in the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer mode to test our networking, our matchmaking, and more.

- Robert Cogburn

I don't mind delays too much. I mean, yeah, they suck, but I much prefer that over rushing a release. I wonder just how many copies they want to have produced before releasing though. More than a month for production is a lot.

I just downloaded the Beta and was pretty surprised by how it looked, I know it's 1080 @ 60 fps but I expected more from a linear PS4 exclusive.

I enjoyed the Beta quite a bit. That being said, the in-game 'boost' mechanic is absolutely terrible. Summoning Juggernaughts and cursed statues is just too 'busy' looking and complicates what was a nice simplistic multiplayer component.

Feels like Uncharted 3's 'dynamic' maps all over again.

After the first multiplayer footage came out, all hype was lost for me. Uncharted 3's multiplayer was so much faster and streamlined, even if it took 5 headshots from an AK-47 to get a kill. You could get across the map incredibly fast by jumping from object to object. Now, there's the grappling hook, but it can only be used in certain locations IIRC. The "down" mechanic slows down the game even further. In U3, if you were killed, that's it. See you on the respawn. Finally, I really don't like the AI sidekicks. All kills should be from players only, never AI.

I played a few rounds of the UC4 MP Beta.. I really liked the way it played, controlled, and the difference in the guns. Swinging from the rope and getting someone with a shotgun is good fun. As for the summoned extras (mysticals and sidekicks) they seem annoying to me. I didn't even enjoy using them.

I never played Uncharted for the MP but it is nice to have adds to the value of the game. Hopefully the other modes have more to them then TDM.

Back