PS5 or Series X?

• Thread starter soc123_au
  • 15 comments
Australia
Sydney
I'm just about at level 50 on GT Sport so it's time for something different to keep me going until GT7 arrives. I'm lucky enough to have a PS5 and a Series X so which version of ACC is better and why? At this stage the most active online player base is what will probably clinch it for me.

I'm just about at level 50 on GT Sport so it's time for something different to keep me going until GT7 arrives. I'm lucky enough to have a PS5 and a Series X so which version of ACC is better and why? At this stage the most active online player base is what will probably clinch it for me.
A fellow Aussie so I will dive in.

GT Sport, nearly at nearly 50?! I have done it twice on both accounts over a year ago. So did you buy the game late or don't play much?

Sorry to say but ACC is not a fill in game. I found it very hard coming from GTS to ACC and it takes awhile to get used to. So if you are the type of GT player that gets off on Honda Civics or Nissan GTRs on Race Soft tyres then don't bother with this game. Just wait till March.

If you want a better idea of what to expect jump in any GT3 car in GT Sport, turn all assists off (except ABS) and run around on Sport Hard Tyres. If you are having fun, go and buy ACC

Also, being where we are geographically there is very little local racing. The Europeans and North Americans seem to have far more online BUT you will suffer from high Ping times.

Also ACC is dreadful online compared to any GT game and you will find it a very big retrograde step. Also you will be locked out of a lot of lobbies until you get your Safety Rating up.

I can't advise on which console game is better as I only have a PS4. All I know is that the consoles are the poor cousins to the PC version.

I hope this helps.

A fellow Aussie so I will dive in.

GT Sport, nearly at nearly 50?! I have done it twice on both accounts over a year ago. So did you buy the game late or don't play much?

Sorry to say but ACC is not a fill in game. I found it very hard coming from GTS to ACC and it takes awhile to get used to. So if you are the type of GT player that gets off on Honda Civics or Nissan GTRs on Race Soft tyres then don't bother with this game. Just wait till March.

If you want a better idea of what to expect jump in any GT3 car in GT Sport, turn all assists off (except ABS) and run around on Sport Hard Tyres. If you are having fun, go and buy ACC

Also, being where we are geographically there is very little local racing. The Europeans and North Americans seem to have far more online BUT you will suffer from high Ping times.

Also ACC is dreadful online compared to any GT game and you will find it a very big retrograde step. Also you will be locked out of a lot of lobbies until you get your Safety Rating up.

I can't advise on which console game is better as I only have a PS4. All I know is that the consoles are the poor cousins to the PC version.

I hope this helps.
I was pretty late to GT Sport. I got it July last year I think it was. I mostly play sport mode, so the XP takes forever. I am grinding now though just to tick off the Platinum Trophy, I got the 91 wins a few weeks ago so that's all that is left.

I'm not great in Gr3 on racing hard with no tcs. lol. Tcs and abs are the only assists I use, I dont mind the cones as well as they are pretty good brake markers.

Are the Gr4 cars in ACC more forgiving? Also do you think persevering and coming to grips with something like ACC would improve skills in GT Sport? I seem to have hit the point where I'm as quick as I'm going to get on GT Sport, which isn't that fast, ha ha.

Civics and Skylines aren't my thing. Most of the time I'm driving Gr3 or 4. Gr1 is a bit fast for me, I got golds on everything involving them in challenges, circuit experience etc, but I don't enjoy driving them as much as the other cars.

Last edited:
I was pretty late to GT Sport. I got it July last year I think it was. I mostly play sport mode, so the XP takes forever. I am grinding now though just to tick off the Platinum Trophy, I got the 91 wins a few weeks ago so that's all that is left.

I'm not great in Gr3 on racing hard with no tcs. lol. Tcs and abs are the only assists I use, I dont mind the cones as well as they are pretty good brake markers.

Are the Gr4 cars in ACC more forgiving? Also do you think persevering and coming to grips with something like ACC would improve skills in GT Sport? I seem to have hit the point where I'm as quick as I'm going to get on GT Sport, which isn't that fast, ha ha.

Civics and Skylines aren't my thing. Most of the time I'm driving Gr3 or 4. Gr1 is a bit fast for me, I got golds on everything involving them in challenges, circuit experience etc, but I don't enjoy driving them as much as the other cars.
GTS I did twice to get the Platinum trophy. The second was like a speed run on my other account.

Tip: To grind for XP/$ use blue moon Bay Speedway. Custom race up against GR1 cars, use Mazda MX5, set the field to 2, do a 24hr race and second gives you IIRC about $4mil and a heap of XP. Also IIRC to go from level 49-50 takes 3 races >:-( Oh and use the hand controller with two rubber bands. 1 to hold throttle open the other to steer slightly right (if doing anti-clockwise)

The trouble with the whole GT series is their tyre categories are just fanciful. Race softs are just arcade mode fantasy stuff. Race hards are more akin to qualifying race softs in real life. The Sport tyres are more akin to real slicks. So like I said GT3 cars on Sports Hard is approximately where ACC is at. We won't even discuss GTS fantasy brakes either ;-)

GT4 cars in ACC are actually a little harder to drive due their more standard car setups and less grippy rubber and with less braking ability. Also about 4 seconds a lap slower than GT3 cars.

I now find it very hard to go back to GTS and find I am 0.5-1.0 secs slower than I was before. ACC has taught me throttle control and trying to find the edge of traction. Where as GT Sport you just throw cars at corners and the game just helps them go around ;-) I just have lost the knack now of doing this and lose time from trying to feel the grip which just doesn't happen.

Something else to be aware of with ACC. Set ups become quite critical if you want to be fast. Tyre temps is a major area of concern.. You just don't get the real life adjustments with GTS.

There is a reason why all cars in GTS sound and drive the same. Don't you get sick and tyred (excuse the pun) of everything understeering what ever you do to it. I paid for the Lewis Hamilton Challenge pack :-( I and also a lot of my friends could not get Gold in all events, let alone the platinum times. The car is an over tyred, understeering pig! Just like most of the cars in GTS.

If you can pick ACC up cheap you should go for it. I promise you that it will challenge you.

TIP: Make sure your wheel has the latest firmware installed BEFORE you attempt to play the game.

GTS I did twice to get the Platinum trophy. The second was like a speed run on my other account.

Tip: To grind for XP/$ use blue moon Bay Speedway. Custom race up against GR1 cars, use Mazda MX5, set the field to 2, do a 24hr race and second gives you IIRC about $4mil and a heap of XP. Also IIRC to go from level 49-50 takes 3 races >:-( Oh and use the hand controller with two rubber bands. 1 to hold throttle open the other to steer slightly right (if doing anti-clockwise)

The trouble with the whole GT series is their tyre categories are just fanciful. Race softs are just arcade mode fantasy stuff. Race hards are more akin to qualifying race softs in real life. The Sport tyres are more akin to real slicks. So like I said GT3 cars on Sports Hard is approximately where ACC is at. We won't even discuss GTS fantasy brakes either ;-)

GT4 cars in ACC are actually a little harder to drive due their more standard car setups and less grippy rubber and with less braking ability. Also about 4 seconds a lap slower than GT3 cars.

I now find it very hard to go back to GTS and find I am 0.5-1.0 secs slower than I was before. ACC has taught me throttle control and trying to find the edge of traction. Where as GT Sport you just throw cars at corners and the game just helps them go around ;-) I just have lost the knack now of doing this and lose time from trying to feel the grip which just doesn't happen.

Something else to be aware of with ACC. Set ups become quite critical if you want to be fast. Tyre temps is a major area of concern.. You just don't get the real life adjustments with GTS.

There is a reason why all cars in GTS sound and drive the same. Don't you get sick and tyred (excuse the pun) of everything understeering what ever you do to it. I paid for the Lewis Hamilton Challenge pack :-( I and also a lot of my friends could not get Gold in all events, let alone the platinum times. The car is an over tyred, understeering pig! Just like most of the cars in GTS.

If you can pick ACC up cheap you should go for it. I promise you that it will challenge you.

TIP: Make sure your wheel has the latest firmware installed BEFORE you attempt to play the game.
Thanks for the detailed response. I've been doing the bluemoon thing for a while at n300. Also done a few custom 24hr races with the Honda Beat up against a gr1. It's annoying that they kind of force you to do crap like that to get the unicorns and the last few levels of xp.

I'll take your advice and try a few gr3 cars with sport tyres and see how I go. Pretty ****house I'm guessing. Ha ha. The setup side of things I find appealing, I used to race nitro r/c cars at a pretty high level and setup is crucial on those things if you want to be fast. A bad setup and they are pretty much undrivable on a track.

Sadly I'm a pad player, technically I'm a quad, so I'm unable to lift my arms enough to use a wheel. It sucks, because I'd love to set up a rig with all the bells and whistles, but we play the hand we have. The pad on GT Sport is pretty decent, not so sure on the others apart from Forza which is fun, but a bit too arcade to keep me engaged for long. I've heard mixed opinions on ACC using a pad, but apparently it's doable.

Agree on the Lewis dlc. I despise that car. It's like driving a boat. My go to gr3 is the Porsche, but overall I tend to have more fun with the gr4 cars. Playing mostly online I'm a touch off the pace in gr3 so I dont get the door handle to door handle hit I'm after. Where gr4 for some reason I can do a no qual and still compete for the win on most tracks.

Thanks for the detailed response. I've been doing the bluemoon thing for a while at n300. Also done a few custom 24hr races with the Honda Beat up against a gr1. It's annoying that they kind of force you to do crap like that to get the unicorns and the last few levels of xp.

I'll take your advice and try a few gr3 cars with sport tyres and see how I go. Pretty ****house I'm guessing. Ha ha. The setup side of things I find appealing, I used to race nitro r/c cars at a pretty high level and setup is crucial on those things if you want to be fast. A bad setup and they are pretty much undrivable on a track.

Sadly I'm a pad player, technically I'm a quad, so I'm unable to lift my arms enough to use a wheel. It sucks, because I'd love to set up a rig with all the bells and whistles, but we play the hand we have. The pad on GT Sport is pretty decent, not so sure on the others apart from Forza which is fun, but a bit too arcade to keep me engaged for long. I've heard mixed opinions on ACC using a pad, but apparently it's doable.

Agree on the Lewis dlc. I despise that car. It's like driving a boat. My go to gr3 is the Porsche, but overall I tend to have more fun with the gr4 cars. Playing mostly online I'm a touch off the pace in gr3 so I dont get the door handle to door handle hit I'm after. Where gr4 for some reason I can do a no qual and still compete for the win on most tracks.
I am really sorry to hear about your physical condition. I come from a background of Superbike racing and alas I am all too familiar with severe injuries both personally and with others :-( At least you are still here, unlike some of my friends.

It is great that you are having a go and enjoy it so much :-)

I would not recommend ACC with a pad. It really is a full on simulator where modulating the steering, braking and throttle is crucial. Now before I get flamed by others reading this, yes, ACC is quite doable on a pad and there are some (some, meaning very few) that are quite good at it. From my experience and reading a lot of comments here with a pad you are really up against it.

Again, if you can find a cheap version on sale by all means grab it BUT be prepared for a very, VERY, steep learning curve and I would say a few new hand controllers too as well as the odd TV screen :-))

Something else to consider, Project CARS 3. The graphics are quite good, there are lots of tracks and cars and it has been optimised for hand controllers. I platinumed this game with a wheel and all the leader boards in time trials are full of pad users.

You need to assess where your priorities are. Do you just want to drive around and have fun or do you want to challenge yourself to the extreme?

Any way they are only time fillers until March 2022 eh ;-)

I am really sorry to hear about your physical condition. I come from a background of Superbike racing and alas I am all too familiar with severe injuries both personally and with others :-( At least you are still here, unlike some of my friends.

It is great that you are having a go and enjoy it so much :-)

I would not recommend ACC with a pad. It really is a full on simulator where modulating the steering, braking and throttle is crucial. Now before I get flamed by others reading this, yes, ACC is quite doable on a pad and there are some (some, meaning very few) that are quite good at it. From my experience and reading a lot of comments here with a pad you are really up against it.

Again, if you can find a cheap version on sale by all means grab it BUT be prepared for a very, VERY, steep learning curve and I would say a few new hand controllers too as well as the odd TV screen :-))

Something else to consider, Project CARS 3. The graphics are quite good, there are lots of tracks and cars and it has been optimised for hand controllers. I platinumed this game with a wheel and all the leader boards in time trials are full of pad users.

You need to assess where your priorities are. Do you just want to drive around and have fun or do you want to challenge yourself to the extreme?

Any way they are only time fillers until March 2022 eh ;-)
I guess my main aim is to have some decent racing, preferably online. Even though GT Sport has it's issues, they nailed the daily race format in sport mode. The less said about the penalties the better, but apart from that I love it.

I suppose I'm looking for something in that format, but with a more realistic feel.

I tried PC2 a while ago, but it never really grabbed me. I thought about PC3, but it was pretty much universally slammed from most things I read. That said GT Sport gets bad wraps as well, so I guess a lot of people just enjoy whinging.

I guess my main aim is to have some decent racing, preferably online. Even though GT Sport has it's issues, they nailed the daily race format in sport mode. The less said about the penalties the better, but apart from that I love it.

I suppose I'm looking for something in that format, but with a more realistic feel.

I tried PC2 a while ago, but it never really grabbed me. I thought about PC3, but it was pretty much universally slammed from most things I read. That said GT Sport gets bad wraps as well, so I guess a lot of people just enjoy whinging.
If you like racing online ACC sucks from Oz :-( All the GT games have the best online experience by far.

For me to rank the 4 games discussed it would be"

PCARS 3 - pure arcade, suited to a hand controller. Online meh!

GT Sport - simcade, old Kaz has tried to make it widely appealing and all that happens is everyone complains. Best online and lobby creation.

PCARS 2 - A better sim but very buggy. Online is tolerable. When I played I never played the same game twice. They were forever changing the physics and tyre model and sometimes even went backwards. Of course, every time they did that is would wreck all the car setups >:-(

AC and ACC - very good simulator hence very demanding and therefore hard. Online abysmal :-( And despite a very strict penalty system that rates safety, people still treat it like GTS online dailies >:-( Real world cars, real world tracks and real world physics. Just wait until you see what it is like on a drying track and trying to decide what is faster slicks or rain tyres.

So my perfect game is GT Sport graphics and online, physics and setups from ACC and the cars and tracks from PCARS 2+3 with their AI drivers thrown in as well.

So what do I play now, you ask. I hate GT Sport for its blandness, ACC has burned me out doing the career to get the platinum trophy and PCARS3 is a joke BUT it has a high fun factor. My wheel is collecting dust and I can't buy a PS5 in Oz. GT7 will be here in March so it looks like a PS4 version. I wanted to give ACC PS5 a run but that is looking bleak now as well.

Like I said, if you can pick up ACC on special and cheap, buy it and give it a go bearing in mind it will be very hard on a hand controller.

If you like racing online ACC sucks from Oz :-( All the GT games have the best online experience by far.

For me to rank the 4 games discussed it would be"

PCARS 3 - pure arcade, suited to a hand controller. Online meh!

GT Sport - simcade, old Kaz has tried to make it widely appealing and all that happens is everyone complains. Best online and lobby creation.

PCARS 2 - A better sim but very buggy. Online is tolerable. When I played I never played the same game twice. They were forever changing the physics and tyre model and sometimes even went backwards. Of course, every time they did that is would wreck all the car setups >:-(

AC and ACC - very good simulator hence very demanding and therefore hard. Online abysmal :-( And despite a very strict penalty system that rates safety, people still treat it like GTS online dailies >:-( Real world cars, real world tracks and real world physics. Just wait until you see what it is like on a drying track and trying to decide what is faster slicks or rain tyres.

So my perfect game is GT Sport graphics and online, physics and setups from ACC and the cars and tracks from PCARS 2+3 with their AI drivers thrown in as well.

So what do I play now, you ask. I hate GT Sport for its blandness, ACC has burned me out doing the career to get the platinum trophy and PCARS3 is a joke BUT it has a high fun factor. My wheel is collecting dust and I can't buy a PS5 in Oz. GT7 will be here in March so it looks like a PS4 version. I wanted to give ACC PS5 a run but that is looking bleak now as well.

Like I said, if you can pick up ACC on special and cheap, buy it and give it a go bearing in mind it will be very hard on a hand controller.
I'll keep an eye out for sales. I'm considering PC3 now based on your recommendation for a few months of fun. I guess I can still fire up GT Sport if I need an online fix.

Thanks for taking the time to post such informative responses with the pros and cons of each.

Last edited:
I f you are still interested in ACC they are releasing a next gen update in Feb. If you are looking to PC3 they have the deluxe version on sale but not sure if it is on sale on AUS store as well but it is 23.74 on US PS Store

Simple answer.., if you cant play with a wheel dont even bother with ACC simple has that...
Yes its playable with gamepad but the nature of the game being a SIM theres little you can do to compete online.
In GT sport if you manage and learn to play with the gamepad motion sensor will be a game changer in terms of experience..., having tried all forms i´d say its is has fun has a wheel after you mastered it.
To use motion sensor you dont need to lift your arms, just need to make small movements, lower left side and up the right side of gamepad to turn left for example, at first i did the mistake to rotate and exagerate the movements but doesnt need to move that much and its also advisable to have the arms in rest mode. give it a try to try master it its a lot more fun, L1 to brake l2 to acelerate, X to upshift square to down shift, using the gamepad was fun that way.

Playing ACC at the moment but with a wheel, its a great game and races are mental but it just have a lot of limitations in terms of cars and combos.

Better plataform for shure its playstation for the simple fact you have GT7 coming and other games have more people online compared to XBox wich mean more people in servers etc

Last edited:
@soc123_au you could try AC 1st, as it's often super cheap, even the complete ed on console, like 5$, to test it out.

@TT92 is that the ducati 900 triple 78 of hailwood? Looking forward to get it in iom tt2 dlc.

You play acc on a std ps4?
How you finding it now? No stutter?
Been long I'm tempted, i want the full newgen version ideally, matching top pc version hopefully, but will be a while i think before i get a ps5.

Good posts by the way.
Cheers.

Last edited:
@soc123_au you could try AC 1st, as it's often super cheap, even the complete ed on console, like 5$, to test it out.

@TT92 is that the ducati 900 triple 78 of hailwood? Looking forward to get it in iom tt2 dlc.

You play acc on a std ps4?
How you finding it now? No stutter?
Been long in tempted, i want the full newgen version ideally, matching top pc version hopefully, but will be a while i think before i get a ps5.

Good posts by the way.
Cheers.

I got it a few weeks ago while it was on sale. So far I’m pleased with it. I’m looking forward to the ps5 update in a few weeks. Pad control is better than I was expecting it to be.

Edit. Just realised you meant the original AC. I’ll be getting a new pc in a few weeks. I’ll give it a try then. I’m keen on trying out some of the mods.

Last edited:
Back